AP All american teams

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
AP All american teams
Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:19 pm
  • Alabama has the most players, as would be expected. Pac 12 is represented pretty well. Also notice the two Texas A&M o'linemen that supports my argument in the Heisman thread :P .

No real major surprises, although I dont agree with AJ McCarron being on there. I'd have given that spot to Geno Smith.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footba ... ontee-ball
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Re: AP All american teams
Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:20 pm
  • I'd rather take the all SEC first team and add Marqise Lee (WR) and Brad Wing as punter and at kicker you can add whoever you like.

/Done
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 pm
  • SEC FAN wrote:I'd rather take the all SEC first team and add Brad Wing as punter and at kicker you can add whoever you like.

/Done

It would be pretty awesome if the all conference teams could have a month of practice and then play each other in a college football all star type game.

Would be better then any BCS Bowls in my opinion. But, of course it will never happen.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:38 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    SEC FAN wrote:I'd rather take the all SEC first team and add Brad Wing as punter and at kicker you can add whoever you like.

/Done

It would be pretty awesome if the all conference teams could have a month of practice and then play each other in a college football all star type game.

Would be better then any BCS Bowls in my opinion. But, of course it will never happen.

Who would coach lol? Saban/Muschamp (defensive coordinator) would be yelling at Spurrier/Sumlin/Richt/Miles (offensive coordinator) while Bielema just stands and laughs on the sidelines.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:24 am
  • I wonder how many #1 overall picks were not All-Americans during their final college season? Because the way things are looking, that's what will probably happen with the #1 pick in 2013.

McCarron and ASJ have no business being on the 3rd team list, albeit for completely opposite reasons.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:11 pm
  • kearly wrote:I wonder how many #1 overall picks were not All-Americans during their final college season? Because the way things are looking, that's what will probably happen with the #1 pick in 2013.

McCarron and ASJ have no business being on the 3rd team list, albeit for completely opposite reasons.

Not sure why?

Do you mean ASJ should be higher and McCarron shouldn't be on it? Cause that's how I viewed this post.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:10 pm
  • Based purely on performance, McCarron wouldn't be 3rd team all Pac-12 much less 3rd team All-American. The best NFL TE's are often surprises (Gronk, Graham, Gates, etc.), but ASJ's upside is the highest of any TE to come out in a long time. He's been very productive too, breaking school records before he even finished his 2nd season. That's saying a lot- because UW has a terrific past track record with TEs. I am a huge fan of Zach Ertz, but with respect to him I think ASJ is the best all around TE in the NCAA right now. Nearly identical production on a worse offense while being younger and having much higher upside.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information