Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Sonny Dykes Named Cal Head Coach
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:12 am 
NET Starter

Looks like Sonny will be bringing his spread air raid offense he learned from Leach over to Cal. The thing thats interesting to me is that he has coached in Louisiana, Texas, and Arizona so he should be familiar and may have an advantage recruiting that regoin. Just a guess. I know Cal is upgrading their facilities so he will benefit from that. He likes to score which seems to be the way the Pac-12 plays football. More offense less defense. I think this could be a good hire.

Post subject: Re: Sonny Dykes Named Cal Head Coach
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:26 pm 
NET Veteran

Personally I think Pac 12 D are more suited for these type of O. I can't remember a team that throws way more then they run, winning the pac 10/12 titles. Maybe WSU in 97, but everyone else has had a good balance.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]