Dri Archer a poor man's Tavon Austin

cover-2

Reaction score
West Virginia (RB/WR) Tavon Austin seems to be a fairly popular player for the Seahawks in the 2nd or even 1st round of the draft on this board. Kent St (RB/WR/KR) Dri Archer is very similiar to Austin in size, speed, and production. Archer is 5-8 175 lbs, runs in the 4.3 40-yard dash time (some have reported he runs a 4.21 40-yard dash).

His stats for this year are;
Rushing - 1352 yards, 9.01 rush yards per att, 15 rushing TD's
Receiving - 35 receptions, 539 yards, 15.40 ave. per receptions, 4 TD's
Kickoff Returns - 573 yards, 35.81 per return, 3 returned for TD's

Archer is only a junior but if he declares for the draft, I would love to get this guy in the 3rd or 4th round. He would bring great value in the middle rounds of the draft.

Here is an article on him,
http://www.annarbor.com/sports/kent-sta ... n-stadium/

kearly

Reaction score
Good find. Hard to tell how fast he is since lower tier schools made Chandler Harnish look Jake Locker fast, only to have him run a combine forty of 4.76. That said, he looks FAST and is a natural WR. You are right he is very similar to the Tavon Austin / DeSean Jackson mold. Funny how those guys always wear #1.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Dri's and think he'd be a great substitute for those who are big fans of the Hawks drafting Tavon Austin.

He kinda got shut down by NIU in the MAC Championship but he was still able to pop off some big plays. I'll tell you, I'd be very surprised if he didn't have one of the fastest times in the draft lead up. The kids got wheels. You can check out his speed here...

[youtube]8_gZBfMQmdY[/youtube]

What I love about Dri is his versatility. He's a threat on returns, as a back, in the open field as a receiver, and as a deep threat as a receiver. Glad to see other people noticing him too, good find cover-2!

NYCoug

Reaction score
Wanted to add that he kind of reminds me of a "Bruce Irvin" type of prospect. Boom or bust and a big play threat through and through. If the team's looking for a more consistent player they should probably look elsewhere. If they don't mind a little inconsistency at first with a tradeoff of explosiveness Dri could be a target.