Louisville v Rutgers

pehawk

Reaction score
Nothing like watching great, BCS worthy, championship games.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Just wait, if Kent State beats Northern Illinois this week and moves up just 1 spot in the BCS rankings then they're headed to a BCS bowl as well. Nothing says big time college football like Kent State.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Actually, I'd rather have Kent State or the likes over 99.9% of any years Big East winners. I like that, actually.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Just started to watch the game, but for you draft people out there, keep on eye on Rutgers' #20 LB Khaseem Greene as a possible Seahawk draft pick to replace Hill at WLB

Greene has been ubiquitous in roaming sideline to sideline throughout the season in his role as the unquestioned leader of one of the nation's top defenses. The senior linebacker leads the Big East in forced fumbles with six, is tied for first in the conference in tackles with 115 and ranks third in sacks with 5.5. As a result, Greene has emerged as the favorite to win Big East Defensive Player of the Year honors. In 2011, Greene shared the award with former Cincinnati DT Derek Wolfe....Season stats (11 games): 115 tackles, 10 TFLs, 5.5 sacks, 6 FFs, 5 PBUs. Player ranking: Greene is ranked No. 56 overall and is the fifth-ranked outside linebacker in CBSSports.com's latest player rankings.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... genpos=OLB

A safety turned linebacker who plays above his 6' 1" 230 lb size, he's shown a real knack of making plays, specifically stripping the ball away. Rutgers uses him in the blitz a bunch and for his size, has shown he's a tough, strong tackler with good instincts and speed and handles pass coverage pretty much like you expect an ex-safety to do.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
haha right when I mention him, he picks up a personal foul call. He's had PF problems in other games I've seen, too, so maybe a little too aggressive, but I told you he was tough.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Poor Rutgers. On the other hand, who the hell is Teddy Bridgewater? I'll have to keep an eye on this guy. :snack:

"This program is cursed.

Louisville sophomore quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, a future Heisman candidate playing with a fractured left wrist that should have left him ineffective, came off the bench to complete 20 of 28 passes for 263 yards and two touchdowns. He led the Cardinals (10-2, 5-2) on a five-play, 35-yard drive after a James Burgess interception to set up John Wallace’s game-winning 29-yard field goal with just 1:41 remaining"

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/weiss-long-knight-bowled-rutgers-article-1.1210712