Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Seahawks 2013 Mock Draft Offense Heavy
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:08 pm 
NET Veteran

1st round - (WR) Cordarrelle Patterson 6-3 205 lbs. Tennessee: Patterson is a big playmaker, but also seems to be a prima donna. Once he is in the NFL will he be a knucklehead, like Cowboys WR Dez Bryant, or will he live up to his potential? Patterson’s risk/reward may have him falling to us in the 1st round. Wilson to Patterson could easily the best QB to WR tandem in the NFC West.

2nd round - (TE) Ryan Griffin 6-6 247 lbs. UConn: Griffin is an athletic TE with great size, also a very effective/willing blocker. He can stretch the seam with his speed, he has good hands, and good body control to catch off target passes. He is highly underrated and I believe his stock will rise after the senior all-star games & NFL combine. Coach Carroll likes two TE sets, Griffin and Zach Miller would give us the ability to run those sets more often.

3rd round - (WR) Chris Harper 6-1 230 lbs. Kansas St: Harper has unusual size and toughness for the position; his size and toughness are similar to that of former Arizona Cardinal WR Anquan Boldin. He is not the quickest or fastest, but he is a gamer. Harper catches the ball with his hands, not a body catcher. Harper’s nick name is “The People’s Champ” and I think he will quickly become a fan favorite with his style of play.

4th round - (CB) Dwayne Gratz 6-0 198 lbs. UConn: Gratz has enough size that Coach Carroll likes in CB’s, yet is still quick enough to cover a slot WR. He has experience playing a lot of press man coverage at UConn. I believe Gratz would start as the nickel CB and he could start as a boundary CB if either of our starters were to go down with an injury.

5th round - (OLB) Randell Johnson 6-4 230 lbs. Florida Atlantic: Incredibly athletic pass rushing LB, similar type of player to UCLA LB Anthony Barr. Johnson had a back injury and is just now getting back to form which is why I have him falling to the 5th round. Johnson is only a junior and may not come out, but if he does declare he could be a late round steal. He has

6th round - (C/RT/OG) Ivory Wade 6-4 310 lbs. Baylor: Wade was a Center his senior year and he has a lot of starting experience at RT and some at OG. Wade would be a swing player for us and could bring good value this late in the draft.

7th round - (RB/KR/PR) Kerwynn Williams 5-9 193 lbs. Utah St: Williams holds the WAC record for career kickoff-return yards and I think he would compete to start as a kick returner & punt returner. Williams does not fit the type of RB that Coach Carroll likes, but he would only be a 3rd string seeing a limited number of reps at RB during the season.

Post subject: Re: Seahawks 2013 Mock Draft Offense Heavy
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:03 pm 
* NET Moderator *

I prefer the positions in this offensive mock draft you made, but I prefer the players in the defensive mock draft you came up with. I'm not crazy about any of the first 3 names in this draft, although I do like going WR, TE, WR.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]