You can never have enough good corner's, right?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawksfan515":7wsactn9 said:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2012/futures-florida-state-cb-xavier-rhodes

Maybe nab Xavier Rhodes with a first rounder?

He is big, and he looks like he's gonna be bood. But the funny part is, if we drafted him, he'd still be one of our smaller corners :lol:
So far, these guys have not spent any high draft capital on a corner.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Scottemojo":io9vnmmc said:
hawksfan515":io9vnmmc said:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2012/futures-florida-state-cb-xavier-rhodes

Maybe nab Xavier Rhodes with a first rounder?

He is big, and he looks like he's gonna be bood. But the funny part is, if we drafted him, he'd still be one of our smaller corners :lol:
So far, these guys have not spent any high draft capital on a corner.

Well that just blew my theory out of the water haha.

Now that I think about it, I think they prize the safety position a LOT more than the Corner position. Especially Free Safety.

sutz

Reaction score
Just becasue they haven't yet done it is no reason they won't. Pete loves his DBs.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
sutz":1rp03wfb said:
Just becasue they haven't yet done it is no reason they won't. Pete loves his DBs.

This guys probably going way too early anyways. Reading the article and looking at his measurables, if he's runs a 4.4 or lower 40 he's probably going top 10.

Maybe Dee Milliner instead for slot CB? Try and fix up those 3rd down issues with a non injury prone CB? (sorry Thurmond).

Scottemojo

Reaction score
sutz":2gknpo5l said:
Oh, I think they would if they needed to. But so far, every first, second, and third rounder has been spent on areas of huge need, and corner is not an area of huge need. Besides, liking tall corners when the rest of the league is leery of them has helped Seattle get them later in the draft. Though I expect the rest of the league is going to end that trend soon.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The midseason tryout of Gorrer indicates that a slot CB is a position of need. I suspect that we will try to get one at some time in this draft.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'd take Desmond Trufant in the 2nd if he's there....

Yeah thats the homer in me though.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Throwdown":3ti4tppl said:

I would really like him as a slot corner.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1dal5ke2 said:
Throwdown":1dal5ke2 said:

Me too, he's pretty physical too like Browner and Sherman.

sutz

Reaction score
Throwdown":hndokxu4 said:
Scottemojo":hndokxu4 said:
Throwdown":hndokxu4 said:

Me too, he's pretty physical too like Browner and Sherman.
Marcus is no wimp. He's always been a good tackler. If his little bro is anything like Marcus, I'd take him in a minute. Maybe not 1st rd, but yeah.

cover-2

Reaction score
There is going to be good value in the middle rounds for CB's. A few of my favorite mid-round corners are;

U of Conneticut (CB) Blidi Wreh-Wilson - He has good size, 6-2 190 lbs and he has a lot of experience playing press man coverage. It too early to really tell what round he may go, but I'm guessing somewhere between the 2nd - 4th rounds.

U of Connecticut (CB) Dwayne Gratz - Gratz plays oppostie of Wreh-Wilson and is also a mid-round prospect. Gratz has good size, 6-0 198 lbs and he also has a lot of experience playing man-press coverage. Gratz would be a good fit as the nickle CB for the Seahawks. He has enough size that the coaching staff likes in CB's and yet he still has quick feet to press then turn and run with a slot WR. I'm guessing he will be drafted somewhere between the 3rd - 5th rounds.

Tulsa (CB) Lowell Rose - Rose has nice size, 6-0 192 lbs, and I believe he plays a little bit of press-man.

A mid-late round FS/SS that has Seahawk size is Tulsa FS Dexter McCoil. McCoil is 6-4 222 lbs and is a ball-hawk. He has 17 career interceptions, but he is a bit of a finesse player considering his size.

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
Poyer (CB) or Wheaton (WR) in the 3rd. 1st and 2nd for BPA. If the best player in the 1st/2nd happens to be CB and WR use the 3rd for LB. Hill needs competition, if not replacement.

Self proclaimed Beaver Hawk Homer.

PS Doctor and Crighton are my Homer picks for 2014 (if Crighton comes out).