Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:20 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
Hasselbeck wrote:
If you're not sold on a team that barely beat BYU and needed 3 overtimes to beat a Pitt team that lost to a SIXTH PLACE FCS squad.. who can you be sold on?

Bama is going to destroy them.


Just trying to do my part to help... but if we've learned one thing, it is NOT, absolutely NOT to mention any other team in particular F'ING BYU in a Notre Dame thread, or Redeye will threaten you and make asinine posts defending his Harlem Globetrotters, err I mean Fightin' Ireesh.

I learned that lesson, and now I'm super duper afraid to post here because he is going to virtually yell at me to an excessive extent. Feel free to peruse the thread for examples of me suggesting The Globetrotter overrated-ness and using BYU as an example. He went crazy and started screaming "YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!" and probably ripping off his shirt and beating his chest while flipping over furniture.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:50 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 332
I hope they play Georgia. This Alabama team isn't as dominant as the past Alabama teams. Georgia would be the better opponent. If Richt is going to do it than this is the season, plus he gets to play Alabama in his back yard.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7849
SEC FAN wrote:
If Richt is going to do it than this is the season, plus he gets to play Alabama in his back yard.


He got to play LSU in his back yard last year and lost 42-10.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:17 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am
Posts: 3971
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
SEC FAN wrote:
If Richt is going to do it than this is the season, plus he gets to play Alabama in his back yard.


He got to play LSU in his back yard last year and lost 42-10.



GA - ALA this year

GA - LSU last year

no correlation.

_________________
And this post is not directed at anyone personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:52 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7849
Of course there's correlation. Alabama this year and LSU from last year compare quite favourably.

Not saying Georgia are going to get a battering again, but home advantage last year gave the Bulldogs zero edge.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:53 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 332
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Of course there's correlation. Alabama this year and LSU from last year compare quite favourably.

Not saying Georgia are going to get a battering again, but home advantage last year gave the Bulldogs zero edge.


Georgia was actually winning last years game at halftime and they were totally outmatched by LSU last year. I think playing at home did actually help them for a while. As for comparing LSU to Alabama. The offenses are totally different. QB's are way different. Jordan Jefferson was a running style QB and McCarron is a passer. Lacy and Yeldon are way more dynamic in comparison to what LSU had last year, its not even close. Defensively the teams are similar. It doesn't matter though because Georgia looks like a better team then last year but Alabama is one of those teams that always tends to keep getting better as the season goes on.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7849
SuperHawks wrote:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.


:th2thumbs:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:35 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.


:th2thumbs:


Congrats. How's it feel to be right for a change?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5208
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
SuperHawks wrote:
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.


:th2thumbs:


Congrats. How's it feel to be right for a change?


Eat your crow like a big boy now.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8822
Location: Granite Falls, WA
SuperHawks wrote:
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.


:th2thumbs:


Congrats. How's it feel to be right for a change?


Maybe the question should be... How does it feel to be wrong after calling everyone blissfully ignorant?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:50 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
I stand corrected. Oh wait... no I don't. Sorry to be so right, but I could see this one coming a looooooong time ago. Shrugging shoulders.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:57 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
SuperHawks wrote:
Guess we'll all find out a month from now.


Did all of us "haters" find out anything? What about you? Did you learn anything new today? Can you say "worst team in a championship game ever?" I knew you could. Have a terrifical day!

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:01 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
SharkHawk wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:
Guess we'll all find out a month from now.


Did all of us "haters" find out anything? What about you? Did you learn anything new today? Can you say "worst team in a championship game ever?" I knew you could. Have a terrifical day!


Big man talking shit after the game. You're cool dude.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:03 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
SuperHawks wrote:
SharkHawk wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:
Guess we'll all find out a month from now.


Did all of us "haters" find out anything? What about you? Did you learn anything new today? Can you say "worst team in a championship game ever?" I knew you could. Have a terrifical day!


Big man talking shit after the game. You're cool dude.


Yes, because you shooting your mouth off, constantly, before the game is so much more manly. You are a big mouth with nothing to back it up, ever. Take your lumps like an adult, not a Redskins fan.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:09 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
NM. Not worth it. Enjoy being right boys. Hope it made all your dreams come true.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:23 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
SuperHawks wrote:
SharkHawk wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:
Guess we'll all find out a month from now.


Did all of us "haters" find out anything? What about you? Did you learn anything new today? Can you say "worst team in a championship game ever?" I knew you could. Have a terrifical day!


Big man talking shit after the game. You're cool dude.


I spoke up on what I thought would happen a full MONTH BEFORE THE GAME. You shot off YOUR mouth and said how wrong we are and we were just "haters". You said we'd all find out a month from now. So what did YOU find out? I found out that what I said was 100% correct, and you were incorrect. I wasn't hating. This isn't new. This was a prediction based on evidence that I had seen. You disagreed.

So I'm not a "big man talking shit after the game". I'm revisiting an earlier conversation of a month ago where you were "talking shit" and going off on anybody and everybody and were being a "big man" BEFORE the game to all of us who disagreed with you and Redeye81. I'm wondering if you have come to the conclusion that we were right in what we said a month ago. Many of us said it. I was firmly behind it with valid points and was laughed off the board and labeled a "hater". I don't hate Notre Dame. I just don't think they had any business being in that game or are anywhere near #1 quality, and my argument was for a true playoff because I felt they were a very average team. That isn't "talking shit" or trying to be a "big man" it is a questioning of your reasoning for believing what you clearly believed, with NO evidence. I was right. I am hoping you'll see that a playoff system is better because this system is geared toward certain teams and let Notre Dame into a game they had no business being in, just as I said. They were average at best. Great response calling me a "cool dude". That's legendary. Have a fun evening.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:25 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:45 am
Posts: 104
Owned


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:29 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
SharkHawk wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:
SharkHawk wrote:
[quote="SuperHawks"]Guess we'll all find out a month from now.


Did all of us "haters" find out anything? What about you? Did you learn anything new today? Can you say "worst team in a championship game ever?" I knew you could. Have a terrifical day!


Big man talking shit after the game. You're cool dude.


I spoke up on what I thought would happen a full MONTH BEFORE THE GAME. You shot off YOUR mouth and said how wrong we are and we were just "haters". You said we'd all find out a month from now. So what did YOU find out? I found out that what I said was 100% correct, and you were incorrect. I wasn't hating. This isn't new. This was a prediction based on evidence that I had seen. You disagreed.

So I'm not a "big man talking shit after the game". I'm revisiting an earlier conversation of a month ago where you were "talking shit" and going off on anybody and everybody and were being a "big man" BEFORE the game to all of us who disagreed with you and Redeye81. I'm wondering if you have come to the conclusion that we were right in what we said a month ago. Many of us said it. I was firmly behind it with valid points and was laughed off the board and labeled a "hater". I don't hate Notre Dame. I just don't think they had any business being in that game or are anywhere near #1 quality, and my argument was for a true playoff because I felt they were a very average team. That isn't "talking shit" or trying to be a "big man" it is a questioning of your reasoning for believing what you clearly believed, with NO evidence. I was right. I am hoping you'll see that a playoff system is better because this system is geared toward certain teams and let Notre Dame into a game they had no business being in, just as I said. They were average at best. Great response calling me a "cool dude". That's legendary. Have a fun evening.[/quote]


Fair enough. I'm pretty irrational right now I must admit. I have to ask though, do you think there is any team in America that could have competed with these guys tonight? They're an unstoppable force.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:10 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7706
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
SuperHawks wrote:
I have to ask though, do you think there is any team in America that could have competed with these guys tonight? They're an unstoppable force.



Pssst. SEC, man.

I know people get all bent out of shape over SEC "fanboys," but at some point, the results have to carry some weight, right? It's not just a bunch of redneck bias. The SEC is dominant, folks.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:47 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
[/quote]


Fair enough. I'm pretty irrational right now I must admit. I have to ask though, do you think there is any team in America that could have competed with these guys tonight? They're an unstoppable force.[/quote]

See, that's the point... I'm not in favor of this system at all, so it is kind of a moot point. But I did see a Texas A&M team beat Alabama earlier in the year. I feel a playoff would have sorted this out nicely. Who knows. Maybe Notre Dame goes in as the #1 seed and plays a #8 seed and still advances to the title game. Great for them. But we have a better idea if there is a common tourney format that awards all teams who belong there (and yes, this year that would most definitely include Notre Dame, as they finished the polls at #1). I think with a couple of more games, we'd get a better matchup.

I think Oregon could have beaten Alabama. I think Texas A&M could again. I think that teams in their own conference have shown that on certain days they can hang with them just fine (LSU could have gotten hot and won a spot into the title game with a playoff... who knows?!).

I mentioned BYU and I'll stand by that. They stunk. They outplayed Notre Dame for the majority of the game, with the exception of one dropped pass that cost them that game. BYU is NOT good. So it's a fluke. But Pitt did the same, so that is where I said, "Sorry, this is not a fluke... Notre Dame isn't that great." I certainly congratulate them on their year. As said before I'm friends with those in the Te'o family and extended family and he's one of my favorite players to ever suit up in college football. I mean that. I am sad that he went out like that, because it was embarrassing. But the fact remains that as long as we keep having this system where it is SEC #1 against some other team from elsewhere then the SEC will continue to win because of their conference and its ability to recruit and the number of TV games, etc. The system favors them.

Oh, I think Ohio State could have beaten them as well, but they weren't bowl eligible. I digress though. I think it's better for your team (Notre Dame) and all teams to be in a playoff. They roll through that playoff and gain even more momentum and solidify their offense a bit more (they have a young O) then they may be ready by the time that national championship game comes. But their independent schedule and the fact that they've not played in a month didn't help them. They were a team that was building momentum and then have to sit and wait for over a month to play one last game and it just didn't look or feel right. See where I'm coming from? I didn't hate on Notre Dame from the outset that I recall. I just felt the system was flawed and rewarded them for its flaw. Don't get me wrong. They have EVERY right to be there. 100% you guys that support them are right. They deserved to be in that game. They beat every opponent. It's hard to do. But without a conference schedule, with the building of superconferences, with the mess that is the BCS, etc. I think a playoff makes more sense. I just didn't feel Notre Dame would win, that's all I stated and I felt attacked, and I'm certain you guys felt disrespected. I apologize for raining on your parade. My need to be right took away from your enjoyment of celebrating your team and their accomplishment. I feel like a jerk about it to be honest. But... in looking back, it was true and that is an indictment on the NCAA/BCS/TV Networks/Bowls/Sponsors. That is NOT an indictment on you as a Notre Dame fan or Redeye81 as a Notre Dame fan. You have every reason to be excited and to be proud of your team. The system they were playing in just set them up for a failure and that's too bad. If the season ends without bowls, then they are national champs. If the season goes to a playoff then maybe they are still national champ. But to me, they weren't built to play and then wait for a month and meet up with the SEC champ who had already played in a huge game and won to earn the right. Notre Dame just waited for their opponent and got "cold" so to speak or were exposed for not being that great. Either way, it is a poor ending to the season for fans of every team but Alabama in that regard and that pretty much sucks, because to me it is totally anti-climactic.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:48 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Image

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:18 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Washougal, Wa.
JSeahawks wrote:
Image


That is Hilarious!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:53 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17581
Location: The beautiful PNW
Image

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:42 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
Dammit, I love those African kids. We're trying to adopt one as soon as we get moved. My wife is African American and my children both turned out pretty white. I'm not saying my wife wants a "black child" because I got some "white kids", I am saying that we want to do what we can to help out and would love to bring a child into our home that she will have the unique understanding of their struggles and such in school. We have a lot of love to give and will have a home with a room ready to roll and two certified educators and a brother and sister ready to welcome them home. I wish that little guy in the bottom picture were up for adoption. We'd be on the first plane over to pick him up. What a cool kid. I know from his facial expressions that he and my son Ben would be instant best brothers forever. Sorry to go off topic and share my dream a little. It means the world to us and those pics just got me thinkin'.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigWig, Exploding, Google Adsense [Bot], HawkGA, ImTheScientist, Onyx, VegasSeahawkFan, Ziggyy108 and 15 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.