Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:37 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1588
How long you been an ND fan redeye?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:40 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
A long time.. my grandmother's madian name is Crowley.. I am related to Jim Crowley.. If that means anything to you then you'll know.. I am irish catholic so i am baised. for sure not going to lie..


In summary i wanted to give congrats to Notre Dame tonight.. you know it's been 20 years.. So my bad.. They fought hard and those kids deserve it..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:50 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
redeye81 wrote:
Again why are talking about BYU.. are they in the national title hunt?? NO hell NO.. again why read comments that start with BYU?

OMG... If you want my thoughts BYU is a joke.. but who cares what I think.. YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE... period


Because they played each other head to head. The game was even the entire way. I watched it. Did you? I watched every Notre Dame game this year. I also watched every BYU game this year. So I was making a direct comparison since they also played each other. People here are comparing Oregon and Notre Dame. They didn't play against each other. I was using BYU as a measuring stick since they did play Notre Dame head to head and I have watched all of both of their games, so I was trying to make a comparison. At the end of the day BYU is a very BAD team, as is Pitt. Notre Dame is playing for a national championship. That's why I brought them up.

What exactly does "you are what you are" mean? If you have a problem with me, then I am not exactly sure what I did to you. State it like a man. Don't beat around the bush and insinuate crap Redeye. You don't like me? Congrats. Block me. Don't sit here and talk crap about me though because I stated an opinion on a team and used a direct comparison on two teams that opposed each other a couple of weeks ago. Your attitude toward me for stating my opinion is entirely uncalled for and I don't think I should have to put up with it when I think I was making a very valid point. This is a message board where we share opinions. You however have chosen to go after me for no apparent reason. Sorry, but that's horseshit sir.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1588
I'm not against feeling good, but you have to understand that this isn't a great team, it isn't even a great ND team, the last one of those was 93. I think what makes this so enjoyable is what also makes people not respect the fact that ND is ranked 1 in the country. This isn't a great team, this isnt a dominating team, they win on guts, coaching and toughness, not talent. That's endearing and I can respect that. But this isn't a great squad.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:52 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Shark Hawk, Tommy Reese played in that game.. different game different day.. end of story is Notre Dame is 11-0.. What is BYU and WHY DO YOU keep bring them up?.. I am sorry not wanting to offend but really??


Last edited by redeye81 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:53 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
Ok, Redeye... I see... you celebrate your team winning by acting like a d-bag to a Mormon? Is that WHAT I AM? Is that what makes you so ANGRY HULK?!! I said I watched every Notre Dame game. I can't say enough about Manti Te'o or his play. I think he's awesome. I said so. I also have many friends and relatives who are friends and relatives of his. I want to see him succeed. I'm proud of him and his whole team. I said so. I'm Scottish. Isn't that nifty? Congrats on being Irish and celebrating your win by just being an insufferable jerk.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:54 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
SharkHawk wrote:
redeye81 wrote:
Again why are talking about BYU.. are they in the national title hunt?? NO hell NO.. again why read comments that start with BYU?

OMG... If you want my thoughts BYU is a joke.. but who cares what I think.. YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE... period


Because they played each other head to head. The game was even the entire way. I watched it. Did you? I watched every Notre Dame game this year. I also watched every BYU game this year. So I was making a direct comparison since they also played each other. People here are comparing Oregon and Notre Dame. They didn't play against each other. I was using BYU as a measuring stick since they did play Notre Dame head to head and I have watched all of both of their games, so I was trying to make a comparison. At the end of the day BYU is a very BAD team, as is Pitt. Notre Dame is playing for a national championship. That's why I brought them up.

What exactly does "you are what you are" mean? If you have a problem with me, then I am not exactly sure what I did to you. State it like a man. Don't beat around the bush and insinuate crap Redeye. You don't like me? Congrats. Block me. Don't sit here and talk crap about me though because I stated an opinion on a team and used a direct comparison on two teams that opposed each other a couple of weeks ago. Your attitude toward me for stating my opinion is entirely uncalled for and I don't think I should have to put up with it when I think I was making a very valid point. This is a message board where we share opinions. You however have chosen to go after me for no apparent reason. Sorry, but that's horseshit sir.


Yo Shark. I agree with all you said, just pointing out that I think his "you are who you are" comment was about Notre Dame, Not about you, cuz he used that in several posts. He was just saying even if we dont like it they're undefeated, so they are what they are. Other then that, preach on my friend.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:56 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Shark Hawk, I am not being a d-bag to a mormon for no reason.. I WOULD 100% give props to BYU if they deserved it.. No joke one of my best friends is a mormon. BUT you seem to be bent on slamming Notre Dame for reasons other than football.. If you WIN you WIN right???

I am sorry if i came offf wrong but you give me bad vibes.. sorry probably my bad..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:58 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
redeye81 wrote:
Shark Hawk, Tommy Reese played in that game.. different game different day.. end of story is Notre Dame is 11-0.. What is BYU and WHY DO YOU keep bring them up?.. I am sorry not wanting to offend but really??


BS, you entirely wanted to offend. That was the entire point of your completely juvenile post sir. 100%.

I told you before. I brought up BYU since they were an opponent that has a decent defense, and no offense and played even. This was my concern about Notre Dame moving on to a championship game. I don't think they'll fare well based on my watching each game as somebody who analyzes them. You think I've got it for BYU like you do for Notre Dame? NO. I live locally and have many very very tight connections with the team, so I watch them. I don't really even vote for them. At this point in my life I spend more time scouting individual players and also teams for weaknesses and strengths. I saw them in Notre Dame in a head to head matchup against two bad teams in Pitt and BYU. If those games are indicators (which they should be as they were two games ND played this very season) then Notre Dame is going to get pummeled in a BCS game.

My point about BYU was that they were about even with Notre Dame, and I don't even think they deserve a bowl game, and yet Notre Dame is playing for a National Championship. Football is a game of analysis, trends, and so on. You don't see why I was discussing the teams they played before? Because it pertains to how they play and how I think they'll play in a championship game. Sorry you don't get it. That's on you. Not me. Sorry you hate my opinion. Don't read it. But don't go on the attack on me either because you don't like what I have to say.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:58 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Besides Shark Hawk.. I started this thread to celebrate Notre Dame.. is that too much for you?

You come here (not just you) and bash them.. Hey they are not the prefect but they are really insperational to many people this year.. why do so many have to bash them? LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THE THREAD...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:01 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
redeye81 wrote:
Besides Shark Hawk.. I started this thread to celebrate Notre Dame.. is that too much for you?

You come here (not just you) and bash them.. Hey they are not the prefect but they are really insperational to many people this year.. why do so many have to bash them? LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THE THREAD...


Be thankful people are bashing them. If they weren't playing in the title game, nobody would care. When yo'ure good, you get hated. Comes with the territory, if you think ND's success is going to be sustained you better get used to it.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:02 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
SharkHawk, with your approval can i start a thread to congratulate Notre dame for what they did this year? I know they suck and should have lost many times but can you be kind enough to allow some celabration? I mean going undefeated (no matter the circumstance is really worth noting right???)..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:03 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
redeye81 wrote:
Besides Shark Hawk.. I started this thread to celebrate Notre Dame.. is that too much for you?

You come here (not just you) and bash them.. Hey they are not the prefect but they are really insperational to many people this year.. why do so many have to bash them? LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THE THREAD...


Sniff Sniff. Poor redeye got his feelings hurt. I'm sorry. All I did was chime in with my CONGRATS For your team. Did you see that part? No, because you were too busy getting worked up at anybody who dared say something negative about them. I said positive, but I also stated what I felt was truth. They didn't impress all year like so many champions have. Get used to it. BYU fans have had to listen to how their 1984 championship was illegit for nearly 30 years. Guess what.... this isn't a place where you can just put up a post and decide who responds to it or not, but you do have the wonderful option of ignoring me from here on. I'm not going to back down after I came and congratulated your team and said how proud I was of a kid I've known since he was about 9 for making it to a title game. I thought it was cool. If you don't want opinions? Don't start posts. You want to do that, then start a post and get it locked at the top. I'm sure the mods would oblige every time somebody wants to make a post and doesn't want responses because somehow by being the OP they OWN that post and nobody else can comment. Your lack of sense here is really baffling. But congrats on the win. I guess you are who you are or something.... whatever that means.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:05 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
redeye81 wrote:
SharkHawk, with your approval can i start a thread to congratulate Notre dame for what they did this year? I know they suck and should have lost many times but can you be kind enough to allow some celabration? I mean going undefeated (no matter the circumstance is really worth noting right???)..


Now you're just being a martyr. Your team won and is playing for a national championship and you're going to let my game analysis bring you down? Holy crap. Give me a break redeye. You want me to feel bad for you? Want to celebrate? Run in the streets and scream. Call your friends. Post a facebook status about it! If anybody questions you, punch them in the face. I didn't realize celebration posts were to be ignored. I'll keep that in mind moving forward. Good luck in your championship game. I hope your team wins. When you celebrate I'll make sure not to congratulate you as I wouldn't want to irritate you and give you further opportunities for martyrdom.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:06 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Sharkhawk, wow the anger.! hey good luck to you.. I hope you calm down.. i started this thread as a congrats.. i should have known better.. thanks for reminding me.. Your analysis trumps anything positive said about my team... I get it..


Last edited by redeye81 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1588
There isn't a more polarizing team in college football. How, as a diehard longtime ND fan are you not used to this response?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:10 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
your right.. ND gets bashed all the time.. Most of the time for good reason.. THis year they really earned a chance.. They won every game presented to them.. Shame on me for gettting excited and congratulating them..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:11 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8836
Location: Granite Falls, WA
This thread has gotten really good.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1588
You didn't read this whole thread did you redeye, look at my post before that.

This is selective reading at its best. Forget ND, Congrats to you, well done.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:15 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
I mean really .. ok we can say Notre dame sucked for many years.. It is what it is.. This year they finally may amount to something (they have a chance)... and we can't stop and congratulate them?

They might get blown out by some SEC team (very possible) but damn they shown alot of heart and I admire them for it..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:21 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm
Posts: 1410
probably one of the best football moments of my life was going to a game in South Bend. Even though they crushed the Huskies and this old timer made sure to play the fight song every time our eyes met after the game at some alumni club we went to, it was an epic trip.

Funny story about that club...Not sure of its name, I do think its on campus or real close to it, can't remember now. I do remember we got in as a family friend was a big shot at ND, on the board of some alumni thing or something...anyhoo... We order drinks, the old timer across the way is tapping his glass every 2 min. for the bartender to play the fight song cuz there was a young punk in the house with a W on his hat. I had enough of the rah rah crap (I went to Western so I wasn't overly upset about the Huskies loss) so I got up from the table to take in the place.

The place was covered in history. Pictures of all the greatest players in ND history. The Gipper, Joe T, Montana, Brown, Waters, Bettis, on and on. I went on a mission, I had to find our QB of the Seattle Seahawks, Rick Mirer! I search around the bar, in the hallways, everywhere and no sign of our Seahawks QB.

Dejected, I head back to the table for dinner. We finish up with the eats, grandpa is calling for the fight song...AGAIN. so I get up in a last ditch effort to find some pictures of Mirer. They had to have them right? He was only the best QB at ND since Montana! Nothing, Nadda, cant find a single one.

So back to the table for another round and more relentless ND rah rah. Finally, its time to leave. I make a break for the head before we hit the streets, and guess what? You got it. With my junk in my hand, my eyes glance up, and there right above the crapper was that all familiar smirk of our not so beloved (it was 96 after all) QB Rick Mirer. Perfect! ND and Seahawk fans have something in common! We shipped the bum to Chicago the following season, lol.

anyway, grats to the domers, they will be crushed by bamma.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:51 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10060
This thread gives. Redeye was looking for a fight when he started. "They won every game they were presented"? Doesn't Notre Dame make their own schedule?

Lets see. Notre Dame has NO conference schedule, so they can play who they want. The lack of opponents on their schedule is entirely their doing, so let's stop with the "they won the games they were presented" talk. Notre Dame won't join a conference because they love the NBC cash truck. Nothing more, nothing less.

I for one will enjoy watching Bama gut them. And I hate the SEC.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:59 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Scottemojo,

Looking for a fight? Sorry to offend you with CONGRATS POST to Notre Dame. The haters can blantently try to hi jack a thread but most will see thru it..

But hey we can't have a good ole Congrats post without mentioning the other #5.. Wow congrats to Everett Golson the pride of Myrtle Beach Seahawks (bet you didn't know that).. What a fantastic player..

<Ok cue in Golson bashing now>

BTW,

I think next year Notre Dame should schedule the following teams:

Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (no not a joke)
Florida Atlantic Owls (power house i am sure)
Western Carolina Catamount (what the hell is a catamount?)

That will be three easy wins ..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am
Posts: 3972
Throwdown wrote:
Bama will smash that team with their clown coach.


Assuming they beat Georgia first! :stirthepot:

And then Georgia or Florida will beat ND.

_________________
And this post is not directed at anyone personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:49 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10060
redeye81 wrote:
Scottemojo,

Looking for a fight? Sorry to offend you with CONGRATS POST to Notre Dame. The haters can blantently try to hi jack a thread but most will see thru it..

But hey we can't have a good ole Congrats post without mentioning the other #5.. Wow congrats to Everett Golson the pride of Myrtle Beach Seahawks (bet you didn't know that).. What a fantastic player..

<Ok cue in Golson bashing now>

BTW,

I think next year Notre Dame should schedule the following teams:

Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (no not a joke)
Florida Atlantic Owls (power house i am sure)
Western Carolina Catamount (what the hell is a catamount?)

That will be three easy wins ..

What will Notre Dame's conference schedule look like next year? Oh, right...they don't have one.
And yes, congrats on the season. Notre Dame has a very good football team. Everything about Notre Dame's way of doing things is an absolute joke, but that football team is legit.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:59 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Scottemojo,

I agree ND is pretty good, lets see what happens in title game. This is very odd, I have simliar conversations about my Hawks every monday. I sit with two 49er fans at lunch. If i even mention I like how the hawks defense is shaping up, i am immediately shut down and told the 49ers are better. If i say I like how Wilson is developing, it's no he sucks the niners destroyed him (as if that is the only game that matters??) They go on and on how the seahawks suck since the refs give them thier wins.. blah blah blah.. It feels like the same conversation here.

I think there is something to be said about 11-0. Nice accomplishment give the recent history. I know the haters will always hate.. I should be used to that now as a hawks fan but it still gets under my skin..


Oh I forgot the rant about Pete Carroll being a cheater. I guess the guy in charge of the ND schedule is cheater. We alreay heard ND coach is a clown and they are worse than BYU. Why not just pile on I guess..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:52 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
A thread about Notre Dame riddled with jealous haters. Imagine that... :roll:

ND may well lose the game but it will be close right down to the wire. Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:53 pm 
USAF BadAss
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:24 am
Posts: 1026
Location: Charlottesville, VA
ND is going to lose by 14+ if they play Alabama; it may be slightly closer if they play Georgia. Alabama's defense is just as good, if not better, than ND's D and their offense is much better. High power offenses that require them to match score for score rather than grind out a game at their pace is what has given them problems in the past (minus the LSU game last year that they lost 9-6). Unless they're planning on suiting up Golden Tate and get a time machine to bring back Tim Brown from 1987 and Raghib Ismail (man was that awesome in college), I just don't see them putting enough offensive pressure through the air to win, and . I haven't seen a lot of Georgia games this year, but they match up well on defense against ND's offense, and depending on what offense shows up, they could lay 30-40 points on ND or struggle to score 20. Sure, they have a chance to beat either team, but I don't think they will.

_________________
Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
Tharold Simon: Humble Thug


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:33 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10060
FortWorthSeahawk wrote:
ND is going to lose by 14+ if they play Alabama; it may be slightly closer if they play Georgia. Alabama's defense is just as good, if not better, than ND's D and their offense is much better. High power offenses that require them to match score for score rather than grind out a game at their pace is what has given them problems in the past (minus the LSU game last year that they lost 9-6). Unless they're planning on suiting up Golden Tate and get a time machine to bring back Tim Brown from 1987 and Raghib Ismail (man was that awesome in college), I just don't see them putting enough offensive pressure through the air to win, and . I haven't seen a lot of Georgia games this year, but they match up well on defense against ND's offense, and depending on what offense shows up, they could lay 30-40 points on ND or struggle to score 20. Sure, they have a chance to beat either team, but I don't think they will.

Dude, didn't you read the thread? If you don't congratulate Notre Dame and genuflect over their athletic prowess, you were not invited to comment at ALL! You either get on the jock, or get out of this thread, Dammit!

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:42 pm 
USAF BadAss
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:24 am
Posts: 1026
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Scottemojo wrote:
FortWorthSeahawk wrote:
ND is going to lose by 14+ if they play Alabama; it may be slightly closer if they play Georgia. Alabama's defense is just as good, if not better, than ND's D and their offense is much better. High power offenses that require them to match score for score rather than grind out a game at their pace is what has given them problems in the past (minus the LSU game last year that they lost 9-6). Unless they're planning on suiting up Golden Tate and get a time machine to bring back Tim Brown from 1987 and Raghib Ismail (man was that awesome in college), I just don't see them putting enough offensive pressure through the air to win, and . I haven't seen a lot of Georgia games this year, but they match up well on defense against ND's offense, and depending on what offense shows up, they could lay 30-40 points on ND or struggle to score 20. Sure, they have a chance to beat either team, but I don't think they will.

Dude, didn't you read the thread? If you don't congratulate Notre Dame and genuflect over their athletic prowess, you were not invited to comment at ALL! You either get on the jock, or get out of this thread, Dammit!


I knew i was doing something wrong. Is it too late to change my post?

_________________
Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
Tharold Simon: Humble Thug


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 332
It will be interesting. I don't think ND has the speed to hang with Georgia and Georgia is playing really good football right now. I think ND might(and I mean maybe) actually be be set up better to play Alabama. What it comes down to for me is the trenches. I don't think ND can hang with the offensive and defensive lineman of the SEC. Not only are the defensive lineman huge but they are athletic. Something I just don't think ND can game plan for and something ND will be over matched with, and to me thats the biggest mismatch.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:21 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:26 pm
Posts: 105
We get it Redeye you love you some Notre Dame. That's great. Good luck to them in the national championship. But if you expect others to celebrate their season then you are naive.

I for one despise Notre Dame and always will. It will be very hard to not root for the ground to open up and swallow both Notre Dame and whatever SEC team they play for the national championship as I will hate both teams that are playing. After all this is what I root for when the Niners play the Raiders.

I do think that SEC Fan is underrating NDs defensive line if he thinks they won't hang. They are a really good defensive team.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:23 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
This pretty much sums it up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--sec ... 48035.html


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7860
SuperHawks wrote:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.



Or perhaps they're merely capable of an unbiased opinion and just disagree with yours?

Could easily be argued that those not predicting a blowout are blissfully ignorant in regards to Alabama this year, who have dominated every team but two - one featuring Johnny Manziel, the other was LSU on the road.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:20 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.



Or perhaps they're merely capable of an unbiased opinion and just disagree with yours?

Could easily be argued that those not predicting a blowout are blissfully ignorant in regards to Alabama this year, who have dominated every team but two - one featuring Johnny Manziel, the other was LSU on the road.


Haha. You're unbiased when it comes to ND? That's rich. Go ahead and read the article linked above if you're interested in "my" position. Sums it up well.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7860
Why the hell would I be biased to Notre Dame? I have absolutely zero connection to any college team. They are all the same to me. And I'm pretty glad I don't have a team if it makes you paranoid that 'everybody's a hater' just because they think the best team in college football might beat you handsomely.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:31 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
SuperHawks wrote:


I read your article and still think Notre Dame will be lucky if they score a point against either Georgia or Alabama.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:35 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Why the hell would I be biased to Notre Dame? I have absolutely zero connection to any college team. They are all the same to me. And I'm pretty glad I don't have a team if it makes you paranoid that 'everybody's a hater' just because they think the best team in college football might beat you handsomely.


My bad. I must have mistaken your ridiculous "Michael Floyd is a 5th rounder" prediction as an anti ND bias. My apologies. But please don't try and act like ND doesn't have the most haters out there by far. That's a fact.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:36 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
JSeahawks wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:


I read your article and still think Notre Dame will be lucky if they score a point against either Georgia or Alabama.


Good to know. Thanks for reading.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:59 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Scott you're fantastic...

Get on the jock man!!! come on dude.. lol...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:18 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
redeye81 wrote:
I mean really .. ok we can say Notre dame sucked for many years.. It is what it is.. This year they finally may amount to something (they have a chance)... and we can't stop and congratulate them?

They might get blown out by some SEC team (very possible) but damn they shown alot of heart and I admire them for it..


And that admiration leads to the next obvious emotional reaction. Attacking everybody else, treating them all like crap, selecting snippets of posts and ripping everybody apart, and basically just going into complete over the top silliness with something that resembled a complete temper tantrum AFTER your team won. It just feels like you couldn't take the compliments or the opinions. You wanted everybody to bow down and kiss your golden dome.

Mainly I just feel badly about how much respect I lost for a few people after reading this. I had always thought most here were pretty level and actually wanted to talk football. Instead we're instructed how to respond in a thread like it's a board that requires approval for each post by the OP. What a dumb thread. Good luck in your game. I was really congratulating you initially, but I'll have to set my family and friend relationships aside and hope that Manti loses his last college game and in a complete route. And yes... I still think Baylor would beat Notre Dame. And the stuff about Johnny Manziel being overrated is absolute idiocy at its worst. He's the best freshman QB to come around in probably 10 years. He'd put up 5 TD's on the Notre Dame defense. It's unfortunate there isn't a playoff, and this result is precisely why.

As I said earlier... Independent teams pick their own schedules (one reason I mentioned BYU as they are also independent). They pick their own schedule and play more home games than most teams. They gear their schedule to whatever brings them big cash and lots of viewers and cash. They don't play good teams. They play average/mediocre teams. I am not an Alabama fan, but they played 3 bad teams, and every other game they played was brutal.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:30 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Shark, you're one of a kind..

You can twist all you want. I called you out for being totally off the wall about your assessment. You can back track all you want now I don't care. Sure anyone can argue Alabama is better than Notre dame - thats a very good argument.. but you bring in other teams that have NO business in conversation (including Baylor who beat one worthy team all year) then you'll get called out.. sorry for being so brash but it is what it is..

I congratulate Notre Dame for their epic season and you hate it.. I want to say " U mad Bro" but ill end with this .. I am damn proud of the fighting irish!


Last edited by redeye81 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:37 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Shark, i can't believe i am going to post this..

Other than the 3 crappy teams you want to dismiss (owls, hill topers, catamounts) Is Auburn really "brutal" as you say??? really man?

Let's add Ole miss and Arkansas. Are they also brutal?? Those 3 teams are combine 13-23 ?

Brutal are YOUR words sir!! So i'll quote you:

"I am not an Alabama fan, but they played 3 bad teams, and every other game they played was brutal."

Missouri lost to Vanderbilt and Syracuse so they are marginal IMO.
Same with Tennessee they are ok but like Missouri have a losing record. So can say brutal really???

So really Alabama has played two good teams.. LSU and Texas A@M.. Ok they might smash Notre Dame but it's not cut and dry.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1588
And back and forth they go.....gotta side with Shark on this one, but rock on fellas.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:57 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
redeye81 wrote:
Shark, i can't believe i am going to post this..

Other than the 3 crappy teams you want to dismiss (owls, hill topers, catamounts) Is Auburn really "brutal" as you say??? really man?

Let's add Ole miss and Arkansas. Are they also brutal?? Those 3 teams are combine 13-23 ?

Brutal are YOUR words sir!! So i'll quote you:

"I am not an Alabama fan, but they played 3 bad teams, and every other game they played was brutal."

Missouri lost to Vanderbilt and Syracuse so they are marginal IMO.
Same with Tennessee they are ok but like Missouri have a losing record. So can say brutal really???

So really Alabama has played two good teams.. LSU and Texas A@M.. Ok they might smash Notre Dame but it's not cut and dry.


Yes, those games were brutal. Auburn was bad this year, but I guarantee they have enough talent to have kicked anyone in the teeth and leave them hurting for the next brutal game on the schedule. As I said... Baylor could beat any team out there, and it would be a brutal game, and they barely qualified for a bowl.

When you're #1 every game is brutal, except for those 3 tuneups.

You act like Notre Dame played an incredibly difficult schedule. I used my own team to debunk your theory where you talk about all of these bowl eligible teams ND played. BYU was one you included (yet you got all up on me about BYU being mentioned in your thread). BYU was one of the bowl eligible teams. BYU played the guy who should have been their 4th string QB (compare the stats of their QB's) and lost by 3 points to ND at ND. But there is no way in hell BYU would have beaten Auburn or Tennessee. No chance at all. It wouldn't even be close. BYU also lost to Boise State 7-6, again with no QB. So either BYU is better than some of these great teams, or some of these great teams aren't so great and will be exposed. Yours is one of them.

I just felt that this was a prime of example of why a playoff is needed. Notre Dame as an independent doesn't have to play a conference championship. As a team that lost a head-to-head to Georgia, then Florida doesn't get to play in one, but that's to their advantage (just as it is to Notre Dame). Florida now gets stuck in a top BCS game because they can't lose another because they didn't make their conference game. Alabama or Georgia is going to make the championship game by winning their conference, but because one of them is going to be saddled with an extra loss they are going to get bumped from the BCS entirely and Florida (who sits out a game) will leapfrog the other into a BCS game.

That's fair for you. I congratulate you again on setting up a good schedule, lots of home games, and assuring from the get go on the creation of the BCS that you had a seat at the table and needed to do nothing more than win out on your handpicked schedule to guarantee a championship game. It was a stroke of genius to stay independent and force that issue. The other independents don't have this luxury. If Navy went undefeated they are guaranteed nothing, and in fact I can see them being ranked 6th or lower even if they had gone undefeated because of the strength of schedule.

And I'm not an SEC fan at all, but playing a conference schedule is in fact brutal. It is absolutely brutal. I've watched a team go from a conference for 30+ years and now go independent and the pressures and stress level and even interest level in the games is tenfold worse since they did so. I won't mention their name as I don't want to start another fit by you , but conference play is absolutely insanely tense and BRUTAL.

What you've got here is the Harlem Globetrotters making it to the NBA finals. Congrats. It was bound to happen in how they made sure they rigged the system when it was changed from the Bowl Alliance to the BCS.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:41 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7860
SuperHawks wrote:
My bad. I must have mistaken your ridiculous "Michael Floyd is a 5th rounder" prediction as an anti ND bias. My apologies. But please don't try and act like ND doesn't have the most haters out there by far. That's a fact.



Perhaps that's because some Notre Dame fans get their panties in an extreme twist whenever anyone says anything remotely negative about the team or players? Michael Floyd being a case in point. You keep hashing up my late round grade like I made the statement one day before this year's draft. That remark was made after the player was suspended from the teams facility for yet another alcohol related dumb ass mistake. It also followed a tremendously disappointing junior season. And with respect, a lot of Floyd's issues have shown up so far in his rookie season. Kudos to him for boosting his stock enough to go as early as he did over a 14 month period afterwards, but when I made that initial remark about Floyd's stock it was an unbiased, fair reflection on where he was at following his junior season.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:17 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
Notre Dame has the most haters out there and that's a FACT?! Shut up man. I bet more people nationally hate Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Georgia, Auburn, and Oklahoma. Those programs have all been successful over the last 20 years, which means they build up an "anti-fanbase". Notre Dame is the only team in the COUNTRY to have their own national TV deal. If anything that totally discounts the bullcrap argument that Notre Dame has way more haters than anybody else. Most people just don't care because since Holtz left they've been entirely irrelevant until the last 3 weeks of this season, and they have a Yankees sized fan group (many are one and the same actually).

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
SharkHawk wrote:
Notre Dame has the most haters out there and that's a FACT?! Shut up man. I bet more people nationally hate Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Georgia, Auburn, and Oklahoma. Those programs have all been successful over the last 20 years, which means they build up an "anti-fanbase". Notre Dame is the only team in the COUNTRY to have their own national TV deal. If anything that totally discounts the bullcrap argument that Notre Dame has way more haters than anybody else. Most people just don't care because since Holtz left they've been entirely irrelevant until the last 3 weeks of this season, and they have a Yankees sized fan group (many are one and the same actually).


Yep, most haters by far. As for the rest...blah blah blah. Keep hatin dude. Makes things so much sweeter.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 am 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8836
Location: Granite Falls, WA
SuperHawks wrote:
SharkHawk wrote:
Notre Dame has the most haters out there and that's a FACT?! Shut up man. I bet more people nationally hate Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Georgia, Auburn, and Oklahoma. Those programs have all been successful over the last 20 years, which means they build up an "anti-fanbase". Notre Dame is the only team in the COUNTRY to have their own national TV deal. If anything that totally discounts the bullcrap argument that Notre Dame has way more haters than anybody else. Most people just don't care because since Holtz left they've been entirely irrelevant until the last 3 weeks of this season, and they have a Yankees sized fan group (many are one and the same actually).


Yep, most haters by far. As for the rest...blah blah blah. Keep hatin dude. Makes things so much sweeter.


You make me hate Notre Dame.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:30 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
Tech Worlds wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:
SharkHawk wrote:
Notre Dame has the most haters out there and that's a FACT?! Shut up man. I bet more people nationally hate Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Georgia, Auburn, and Oklahoma. Those programs have all been successful over the last 20 years, which means they build up an "anti-fanbase". Notre Dame is the only team in the COUNTRY to have their own national TV deal. If anything that totally discounts the bullcrap argument that Notre Dame has way more haters than anybody else. Most people just don't care because since Holtz left they've been entirely irrelevant until the last 3 weeks of this season, and they have a Yankees sized fan group (many are one and the same actually).


Yep, most haters by far. As for the rest...blah blah blah. Keep hatin dude. Makes things so much sweeter.


You make me hate Notre Dame.


Good. Nothing new. Hate away.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: muhmitchell and 13 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.