Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: I wonder who USC's coach will be next year? Sark?
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:50 pm 
* NET Moderator *

I don't think it will be Kiffin if this continues.

I wonder if they would target Sark?

Post subject: Re: I wonder who USC's coach will be next year? Sark?
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:50 pm 
* NET Baller *

Let em

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:53 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Neuheisel's looking for work...

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:56 pm 
* NET Baller *

best not be wilcox

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:59 pm 
* NET Moderator *

I would think USC would want to go sexier, but I wonder what would happen if Pete Carroll called them up and gave them a glowing endorsement of Gus Bradley?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:02 pm 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
best not be wilcox

Don't worry cal already has him on speed dial.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 pm 
* NET Baller *

CPHawk wrote:
Throwdown wrote:
best not be wilcox

Don't worry cal already has him on speed dial.

I hope they forget to pay their phone bills

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:58 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Apparently Pat Haden has already decided that Kiffin will return next year.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/stor ... -pat-haden

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:45 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

I'm as big a Kiffin hater as anyone. Before the season I predicted that USC (who opened #1 in the polls) would finish with 3 or even 4 conference losses. There have been rumors about USC's locker room not always being a great place to be, and it's hard to avoid the skepticism when Kiffin is constantly donning scowls and (I say this as scientifically as possible) generally looks like a whiny douche on the sidelines. He's always been a "less with more" coach. And Barkley, even though I really like him as a QB, and still do, I also recognized that his 2011 season ended on an obvious hot streak, and it's tough to play perfect football for terribly long. Really, this season is surprising everyone but me. I saw it coming a mile away.

Now excuse while I put my arm in a sling after patting myself on the back so hard, but even I don't think Kiffin should be fired. Yet. He still inherited a team in the midst of a death penalty, and all things being said, he did keep that team relevant. He did it more with stellar recruiting than with his mediocre coaching, but he has by no means earned a pink slip.

That said, where will USC be next season without Barkley? Max Browne will have to start as a Freshman. Browne should fit USC well given that Barkley was a similar type of player who relied on his brain more than his feet. Browne was a top QB prospect nationally (out of Seattle no less), and after watching him a little it's almost eery how much his footwork and mechanics look like Peyton Manning's, so I can see why the hype is there. But still, it's rare for freshman QBs to excel immediately- it's part of what's made Johnny Manziel a national sports hero. I could very easily see USC taking a big step back in 2013, and if they are 7-5 or 6-6, it would be reasonably justified to let Kiffin go, considering the wins vs. talent level.

Last edited by kearly on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:04 am 
NET Veteran

kearly wrote:
I'm as big a Kiffin hater as anyone. Before the season I predicted that USC (who opened #1 in the polls) would finish with 3 or even 4 conference losses. There have been rumors about USC's locker room not always being a great place to be, and it's hard to avoid the skepticism when Kiffin is constantly donning scowls and (I say this as scientifically as possible) generally looks like a whiny douche on the sidelines. He's always been a "less with more" coach. And Barkley, even though I really like him as a QB, and still do, I also recognized that his 2011 season ended on an obvious hot streak, and it's tough to play perfect football for terribly long. Really, this season is surprising everyone but me. I saw it coming a mile away.

Now excuse while I put my arm in a sling after patting myself on the back so hard, but even I don't think Kiffin should be fired. Yet. He still inherited a team in the midst of a death penalty, and all things being said, he did keep that team relevant. He did it more with stellar recruiting than with his mediocre coaching, but he has by no means earned a pink slip.

That said, where will USC be next season without Barkley? Max Browne will have to start as a RS Freshman. Browne should fit USC well given that Barkley was a similar type of player who relied on his brain more than his feet. Browne was a top QB prospect nationally (out of Seattle no less), and after watching him a little it's almost eery how much his footwork and mechanics look like Peyton Manning's, so I can see why the hype is there. But still, it's rare for freshman QBs to excel immediately- it's part of what's made Johnny Manziel a national sports hero. I could very easily see USC taking a big step back in 2013, and if they are 7-5 or 6-6, it would be reasonably justified to let Kiffin go, considering the wins vs. talent level.

Max Browne is still in HS, and would be a true freshman next year.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:27 pm 
NET Veteran

Lane Kiffin

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:39 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

ChrisB Bacon wrote:
Max Browne is still in HS, and would be a true freshman next year.

Thanks. I knew that, not sure why I put the RS in there.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:47 pm 
NET Veteran

Sark has to elevate the Huskies to a real Pac 12 champion before he is looked at for the USC job I am thinking, that and I don't think his mentality much like Pete will allow him to leave with a job half assed done.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:05 pm 
NET Veteran

JSeahawks wrote:
I would think USC would want to go sexier, but I wonder what would happen if Pete Carroll called them up and gave them a glowing endorsement of Gus Bradley?

Oh please football gawds Make it so! Really! This is the best idea you've EVER come up with! :th2thumbs: :0190l:

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:31 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

Lane will be. Monte will most likely retire. Rumor has it he would stay on in some sort of admin role and someone else would become the defensive play caller. Ed O. is at least nominally the DC now, so I'm not sure how that would shake out.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:31 pm 
NET Veteran

Justin Wilcox is a wanted man. It's just a question of time before he takes a hc job someplace. His contract is for I believe three years and he seems like the kind of guy who would honor it. I hope.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]