C. Patterson, Ezekial Ansah and Star Lotulelei

ivotuk

Reaction score
Watched a couple of games Saturday and recorded some to see how these 3 players looked. Absolutely love Ansah and think he is worth trading up for. The man is a MONSTER!

"Ziggy" Ansah played almost every down for except 3 I believe, and he also played on special teams, almost blocking 2 kicks. On defense he was all over the place and either in on, or close to every defensive take down. Add to that, he played in space and effected two passes that I saw. The man can push people backwards, run around them, or run downfield and make a tackle, but there was one play that just blew me away.

Ziggy was on the left side of the defensive line and stood the offensive lineman up, as soon as the running back cut to Ziggy's right, Ansah shed his guy and lunged to the right only to have the back cut back to Ezekial's left. Ziggy locked up with his guy again, then lunged to his left and got an arm on the running back. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before. It was impressive to me. This guy is a natural, he does things with out thinking that most people have to learn. He's naturally strong and fast, if a bit gangly. I think he could be elite with coaching and strength & conditioning. He's obviously my favorite player.

I don't know what to say about Star, completely unimpressive. He was double-teamed a lot but he also had chances when singled up and did nothing with it. I don't know what the deal was but it wasn't good.

C Patterson, no thanks. This guy has Golden Tate talent with Quinton Coples effort. It was pathetic. Every time I saw him after a play he was casually walking some where. On running plays he loafed around and did nothing. He's a QB killer with his lazy route running half-assed effort. On one play he obviously was in the wrong spot and the QB threw an INT. So what did Patterson do? Did he chase after the guy and try and tackle him? No, he threw his hands up in the air and stood there looking at the QB while the DB was running for the goal line. Pathetic. Tennesse was struggling so the QB gives Cord a chance and throws the ball his way, his receiver half-heartedly reaches out with one hand and the ball bounces off of it. Pathetic.

Add to that, the ball was rarely thrown his way during the game and his cohort, Hunter was getting all of the attention. I believe that was intentional by the QB and the Coach, who coincidentally got fired. I'm sure he saw it coming but was going to send a message during his last game to the receiver that could have made a difference.

If you must have an offensive weapon, give me Tavon Austin, the man is a dynamo. But I would much prefer Ezekial Ansah, that man would put the defense over the top, we wouldn't need much offense. Stay away from C. Patterson, let him be someone else's headache.

hai

Reaction score
Ansah the next J.Jones but better and younger...I can see him in jones spot...Wow, the d-line would be massive, strong and fast.
Now, what round would we take him.
He is so natural..only been playing for couples years, came over from Ghana.
Strong, fast, and tall(6'5 like Jones tall).
4.74(unofficial time) fast.

Also, considering what JS said that the 4th year they were going for QB, while we go for pass rush this year and linemen the last year. We might not need a QB since we hit a diamond in the rough in the 3rd round, i can see us drafting Ansah while saving cap space letting Jones go, with the cap enough to resign or sign whoever. Flexibility with super talent, Ansah will make our defense ELITE with that combination of power, and speed, be so fun to watch.

And with JS ability and philosophy of finding WR in late rounds, be interesting what this draft will be like since we have the possibility of late rounds where Ansah might be, or considering trading up or down, and what our needs are by the end of the season, since we might lose some of the veterans like Jones, Washington, Hill, etc.

Good character guy, cheesy but a good story and background, also, i bet what is so unique(What JS&PC preach of finding unique skill sets) that they may find in him is he was playing basketball first, imagine that athleticism in the NFL at DE, could be amazing.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Ivotuk, did you see my posts on Ziggy? I also talked about Star. He reminds me of Sam Adams. The guy can be dominant and was at times early in the year, now he just seems to take plays off, especially if he thinks it's a pass. Pretty depressing, because the guy has the tools. I've been doing a weekly commentary on Ziggy, but it started in week 1 when I just titled it players I'll be watching. I saw him play in week 1 and said he was a real sleeper. A few weeks ago he had gotten up to first round pick status. I kind of feel like I have some stock in seeing Ziggy do well since I got in early on him. :)

Feel free to read my post and see how he has grown throughout the year. The guy learns fast and has gotten down about every move in a very short period of time. He is an athletic freak. To me he's like Jevon Kearse in his last year of college and his rookie year in the NFL. He was just so amazing nobody knew what to say, so they called him "The Freak". I think Ziggy will blow people away at the combine much like Vernon Davis did a few years ago. I look forward to seeing how well he does, especially in the 40 and cone drills. I think he'll surprise in the bench press too, because some are saying he's too lanky and not strong enough, but I've seen him bullrush STRONG tackles and knock them flat on their butts, so that may be all leg strength, but the guy knows how to use leverage. If his bench press hurts his draft stock, then great. The Hawks can take him in the 2nd. ;)

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1qslwpco said:
Ivotuk, did you see my posts on Ziggy? I also talked about Star. He reminds me of Sam Adams. The guy can be dominant and was at times early in the year, now he just seems to take plays off, especially if he thinks it's a pass. Pretty depressing, because the guy has the tools. I've been doing a weekly commentary on Ziggy, but it started in week 1 when I just titled it players I'll be watching. I saw him play in week 1 and said he was a real sleeper. A few weeks ago he had gotten up to first round pick status. I kind of feel like I have some stock in seeing Ziggy do well since I got in early on him. :)

Feel free to read my post and see how he has grown throughout the year. The guy learns fast and has gotten down about every move in a very short period of time. He is an athletic freak. To me he's like Jevon Kearse in his last year of college and his rookie year in the NFL. He was just so amazing nobody knew what to say, so they called him "The Freak". I think Ziggy will blow people away at the combine much like Vernon Davis did a few years ago. I look forward to seeing how well he does, especially in the 40 and cone drills. I think he'll surprise in the bench press too, because some are saying he's too lanky and not strong enough, but I've seen him bullrush STRONG tackles and knock them flat on their butts, so that may be all leg strength, but the guy knows how to use leverage. If his bench press hurts his draft stock, then great. The Hawks can take him in the 2nd. ;)

Actually you were the one that alerted me to him and after watching some highlight film (Ithink yor link?) I decided to record the game and watch it.

I'm no expert but I've been watching football a long time, and I occassionally recognize a good one (Geno Atkins) so I have some familiarity. Ansah is a difference maker. He has natural skill, recognition and desire. I still can't believe he was in on 90% + of the defensive plays.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Do you guys think his primary position in our defense (if drafted) would be at Red's spot? OR do you see him as a penetrating 3-tech like Jones.

hai

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2rwe8hxo said:
Do you guys think his primary position in our defense (if drafted) would be at Red's spot? OR do you see him as a penetrating 3-tech like Jones.
Thats a good question, but i would bet he would go on Jones spot, since Red is a force in the run from that position, but you never know with PC and co.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3srr03tz said:

That's a tough one. My thought is he is a hybrid player like Clemons, plays DE, rotates to DT occasionally and drops back like a linebacker quite a bit. His long arms will tip a lot of passes.

Latest posts