Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: HUGE props to Stanford
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:36 pm 
* NET Moderator *

That was the most impressive defensive performance i've ever seen against a Chip Kelly offense. Better then LSU, Auburn, or Boise State in those losses.

What the hell was Stanford doing playing Nunes for the first 8 weeks of the season? They'd probably be unbeaten right now if they'd been playing this QB all season long.

Post subject: Re: HUGE props to Stanford
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:47 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

Agreed- Stanford defense was phenomenal.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:17 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

I haven't watched a ton of SEC games, but Stanford's D-line is the nastiest in college football this year that I've seen.

Oregon had played a very easy defensive schedule to this point (Washington was statistically the best defense they had played prior to this game- that should tell you something), so I was curious to see how they'd handle a nasty front seven like Stanford. I'm surprised that Stanford won, but I'm not surprised that Oregon's offense suddenly stopped looking awesome. Mariota is pretty much the definition of a mechanical QB, albeit a very good one, and he struggled pretty badly in the passing game. The running game struggled too. Last year Stanford was a tough but slow defense, and Oregon burned them to the ground. This year though, Stanford has added some speed to go with those teeth up front.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:21 pm 
* NET Moderator *

kearly wrote:
I haven't watched a ton of SEC games, but Stanford's D-line is the nastiest in college football this year that I've seen. Oregon had played a very easy defensive schedule to this point (Washington was statistically the best defense they had played prior to this game- that should tell you something), so I was curious to see how they'd handle a nasty front seven like Stanford. I'm surprised that Stanford won, but I'm not surprised that Oregon's offense suddenly stopped looking awesome.

The thing that surprised me though is that Stanford has had really good defenses the last couple of years, but when it came down to matching up with Oregon they just werent athletic enough. This Stanford D was head and shoulders better then the last few Stanford d's, and I didnt realize that before today.

I would have liked to see DAT used more in the backfield. And also maybe a little bit more of Marshall or even Lyerla in the backfield just smashing at them. Oh well, Stanford definatly earned the win.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:37 pm 
* NET Nobody *

I think that quitre a few people figured this would be a tough match up for Oregon. Wounded D line vs Excellent d line. Anyone know if those Stanford d linemen are nfl material?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:37 am 
NET Starter

I know its crazy but this is what happens when you finally play a quality defense. Oregon knows. They have seen it before with Auburn and LSU.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:40 am 
* NET Moderator *

SEC FAN wrote:
I know its crazy but this is what happens when you finally play a quality defense. Oregon knows. They have seen it before with Auburn and LSU.

I still think Oregon beats Alabama if given a chance at them. This Standord D we faced today was much better then either the Auburn or LSU defenses we've played in the past.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:45 am 
* NET Moderator *

SEC FAN wrote:

Sigh... if only the Pac 12 followed the SEC scheduling formula. We could have been playing Western Oregon Cooking Institute today.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:52 am 
NET Starter

When the dust settles and the final BCS standings are revealed I wonder how many top 10 teams Oregon will have played? Haven't played one yet, closest thing was today and that didn't turn out too well AT HOME.

Don't forget you played Tennessee Tech, Arkansas State, and Fresno State....you really out did yourselves lol. I know you had Kansas State scheduled but you bumped them to lose to LSU in The Cowboys Classic last season and lost to the SEC AGAIN!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:19 am 
* NET Sage *

kearly wrote:
I haven't watched a ton of SEC games, but Stanford's D-line is the nastiest in college football this year that I've seen.

Guess that means you haven't seen South Carolina and Florida.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:21 am 
NET Veteran

JSeahawks wrote:
SEC FAN wrote:

Sigh... if only the Pac 12 followed the SEC scheduling formula. We could have been playing Western Oregon Cooking Institute today.

lolololololol

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]