Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Go Card!
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:44 am
Posts: 1123
Location: Newberg, Oregon
cesame wrote:
It's borderline sad how serious the south takes college football. Any human being that would poison a tree because his rival won the championship is a sick individual, and there are lots of them down there. It's the worst part of the country.

I'm happy the west coast has perspective and doesn't take it to that level.


This and what 2k and Jseahawks said, I coudnt have put it better

Its one thing to come here and be proud of the SEC, thats fine whatever, but to trash the PAC 12 ONLY when they lose is just sad


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Go Card!
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:10 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
I'm so glad we have a resident moron like Ol' Stars and Bars here to keep us informed about what real football is.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Go Card!
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:04 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 332
seahawk2k wrote:
I've heard many stories of Oregon fans as well, but in my dealings with them, which amounts to many games over many years, the obnoxious fans lie in the minority. I don't get the generalization but I realize its convenient. Steelers fans are the same way, had terrible experiences with a few of them, actually went to pittsburgh on business, and met decent, humble, classy fans. Its lazy to paint a fan base with broad strokes. But, given your handle, your not one for specificity.Its not a complete generalization. They were polled by S.I. as the rudest fans in college football. By a wide margin.

People use sports for personal vindication, they root for teams so they can thump their chest and act like it says something about them. You trolling here whenever a Pac12 team struggles reeks of that behavior. You claim to love football, but act as if there is only one style and one conference that is legitimate. As a lover of football, as you profess to be, I think you should give more credit to the coaches that have to scheme to make up for a lack of talent rather than drooling over the simplified offenses that win strictly because of 1 on 1 matchups(LSU, Georgia) that you find in the SEC. Is football at its best played with the best athletes? Just because they win doesn't mean they've done justice to the game. You really love football? Go watch the MAC, the breeding ground of some of the greatest coaches, systems and schemes in college football history. Not into gimmick offenses like some in the MAC or Oregon. I like real football. Heads up, mano y mano, man to man, punch you in the mouth, run it down your throat and make you stop me. If the no huddle fast tempo would have worked it would have been done since Sam Wyche developed it with the Bengals when he was trying to keep up with Dick Lebeau in practice.

And yeah, SEC football and the game week experience is relatively unrivaled, no argument there, half that conference is on my stadium bucket list, but there is also jack shit to do in the South. Your from up here, you know all the different options a person has to spend their free time. Not so much in the South. You beat your chest that its better, like we should feel guilty that we don't tailgate for three days before games, that our stadiums are smaller, for a lot of people, they just have better things to do. Down there, what are the other options?Depends what you like to do? Hunt, fish, vacation in the sun in the Keys/Carribean , scuba without wearing a dry suit and have 100% visibility, play on white sandy beaches unlike the rocky cold beaches up there, eat good food, Bourbon Street/French Quarter, South Beach, 6 Flags stuff, watch the best college football, road or boat trip the east coast. Pacific Northwest has mountains and shit weather, thats about the main difference. You ever wonder why so many retire in Arizona/Florida? I put up with it for 30 years. Go to work and its dark, get off and its dark. Rain every day..... trust me I know thats exactly what its like back there right now until May. I remember when it rained for like 30 some days straight lol. Yeah it sucks to have to wear flip flops, t-shirt and shorts 90% of the time.

You constantly look at the what, and not the why, the trappings of an ignorant mind.
Your entire post reeks of ignorance. We agree to disagree.


Last edited by SEC FAN on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Go Card!
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:11 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 332
JSeahawks wrote:
Who's bragging about sell outs? As a Ducks fan I couldnt care less if there's 55,000 or 10 people in the stadium.

I'm sure there are a lot of Ducks fans who are annoying (hell, i'm sure I am one of them at times) but its all in fun. I've never heard of any TBagging incidents related to Duck games. We dont poison each other's sacred tree's. Thats saved for the sophisticated and wonderful fans of the SEC I guess.

I'd gladly take on any SEC Team this year and I hope we get to face one in whatever bowl game we get to play. There's not an SEC team that scares me. Which isnt saying that we'd roll all over any of them, but I think we'd have a good shot against any of them.

Btw, I was crying like a baby walking out of the Superbowl in Detroit. I feel no shame at all in being bitterly dissapointed when my team loses.


Yep a couple fans did some crappy stuff. Every fan base has them. Zero's just has more of them.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Go Card!
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:16 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 332
cesame wrote:
It's borderline sad how serious the south takes college football. Any human being that would poison a tree because his rival won the championship is a sick individual, and there are lots of them down there. It's the worst part of the country.

I'm happy the west coast has perspective and doesn't take it to that level.


You obviously aren't well traveled. Mid West people are the nicest, fallowed by the South. You and jhawk91 need some perspective, try leaving your back yard and find out what its really like.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Go Card!
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:08 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
The south gets so into college football because they are generally economically diminished, money leeching red states that can't attract professional sports on a large scale, because they are absolute garbage markets.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Go Card!
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:46 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
SEC FAN wrote:

By the way Zero's fans. You think selling out your 55,000 stadium for the last 10 or so years is impressive? We call 55,000 fans...... a god damn Spring Game down here. 55,000 is crap.


Image

Yay SEC! Go Kentucky!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Go Card!
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:06 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 332
pinksheets wrote:
The south gets so into college football because they are generally economically diminished, money leeching red states that can't attract professional sports on a large scale, because they are absolute garbage markets.


Thats why the Sonics play in Oklahoma City.

Image

Look at all those professional franchises in the Northwest. 25+ South East to 3 Pacific Northwest. And last I checked UNC and Duke also play in North Carolina. Drrrr us poor Southerners suffer with our economic diminishes and we can't attract professional sports thats why we root for dem college football teams drrr. Also Nascar and Pro Golf is here...not there. Good point.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Go Card!
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:30 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 332
SEC FAN wrote:
seahawk2k wrote:
I've heard many stories of Oregon fans as well, but in my dealings with them, which amounts to many games over many years, the obnoxious fans lie in the minority. I don't get the generalization but I realize its convenient. Steelers fans are the same way, had terrible experiences with a few of them, actually went to pittsburgh on business, and met decent, humble, classy fans. Its lazy to paint a fan base with broad strokes. But, given your handle, your not one for specificity.Its not a complete generalization. They were polled by S.I. as the rudest fans in college football. By a wide margin.

People use sports for personal vindication, they root for teams so they can thump their chest and act like it says something about them. You trolling here whenever a Pac12 team struggles reeks of that behavior. You claim to love football, but act as if there is only one style and one conference that is legitimate. As a lover of football, as you profess to be, I think you should give more credit to the coaches that have to scheme to make up for a lack of talent rather than drooling over the simplified offenses that win strictly because of 1 on 1 matchups(LSU, Georgia) that you find in the SEC. Is football at its best played with the best athletes? Just because they win doesn't mean they've done justice to the game. You really love football? Go watch the MAC, the breeding ground of some of the greatest coaches, systems and schemes in college football history. Not into gimmick offenses like some in the MAC or Oregon. I like real football. Heads up, mano y mano, man to man, punch you in the mouth, run it down your throat and make you stop me. If the no huddle fast tempo would have worked it would have been done since Sam Wyche developed it with the Bengals when he was trying to keep up with Dick Lebeau in practice.

And yeah, SEC football and the game week experience is relatively unrivaled, no argument there, half that conference is on my stadium bucket list, but there is also jack shit to do in the South. Your from up here, you know all the different options a person has to spend their free time. Not so much in the South. You beat your chest that its better, like we should feel guilty that we don't tailgate for three days before games, that our stadiums are smaller, for a lot of people, they just have better things to do. Down there, what are the other options?Depends what you like to do? Hunt, fish, vacation in the sun in the Keys/Carribean, scuba without wearing a dry suit and have 100% visibility, play on white sandy beaches unlike the rocky cold beaches up there, go in the water here vs. the frigid water over there, eat good food, Bourbon Street/French Quarter, South Beach, 6 Flags stuff, watch the best college football, road or boat trip the east coast. Pacific Northwest has mountains and shit weather, thats about the main difference. You ever wonder why so many retire in Arizona/Florida? I put up with it for 30 years. Go to work and its dark, get off and its dark. Rain every day..... trust me I know thats exactly what its like back there right now until May. I remember when it rained for like 30 some days straight lol. Yeah it sucks to have to wear flip flops, t-shirt and shorts 90% of the time.

You constantly look at the what, and not the why, the trappings of an ignorant mind.
Your entire post reeks of ignorance. We agree to disagree.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Go Card!
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:54 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17432
Location: Graham, WA
SEC FAN wrote:
pinksheets wrote:
The south gets so into college football because they are generally economically diminished, money leeching red states that can't attract professional sports on a large scale, because they are absolute garbage markets.


Thats why the Sonics play in Oklahoma City.

Image

Look at all those professional franchises in the Northwest. 25+ South East to 3 Pacific Northwest. And last I checked UNC and Duke also play in North Carolina. Drrrr us poor Southerners suffer with our economic diminishes and we can't attract professional sports thats why we root for dem college football teams drrr. Also Nascar and Pro Golf is here...not there. Good point.


So... Now we're throwing darts like that? One yourself, woman.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Go Card!
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Oh my mistake, Nascar and Golf...whoops!

Crap markets that professional leagues don't want a lot to do with, not to mention Seattle will likely soon have 4 teams, and likely will support them all well. Atlanta is a decent market, but then again, the Hawks get no support, same with the Bobcats, same with the Jaguars, same with the Grizzlies, same with the Hornets, and on and on. Those areas are money pits, sorry. Perhaps part of professional sports struggling there is the prevalence of college sports, but certainly the inverse is also true. I'm not going to waste my time with the whole Southerns are dumb schtick you're trying to use to belittle the point.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Go Card!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:27 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:44 am
Posts: 1123
Location: Newberg, Oregon
I have perspective, I just dont sell out to whoever is better. Im a fan of my team and damn proud of it, win or lose


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Go Card!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:20 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 332
pinksheets wrote:
Oh my mistake, Nascar and Golf...whoops!

Crap markets that professional leagues don't want a lot to do with, not to mention Seattle will likely soon have 4 teams, and likely will support them all well. Atlanta is a decent market, but then again, the Hawks get no support, same with the Bobcats, same with the Jaguars, same with the Grizzlies, same with the Hornets, and on and on. Those areas are money pits, sorry. Perhaps part of professional sports struggling there is the prevalence of college sports, but certainly the inverse is also true. I'm not going to waste my time with the whole Southerns are dumb schtick you're trying to use to belittle the point.


Don't be sorry. I just had to destroy you and prove your point wrong. It doesn't bother me that we have more professional sports franchises here and the other 2 most popular sports in Nascar and Pro Golf are wildly prevalent. Facts are facts. I'm done with this. You bring nothing to the table.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Go Card!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Cool. Look at those state's economies. They feed off the coastal states via federal spending. It's an area with a handful of sports teams, most of which are struggling, why? Because they aren't good markets.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CamanoIslandJQ, InadvertentSmell, ruffENrowdy, Snohomie, tperkins, zifnab32 and 16 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.