Tayvon Austin

skater18000

Reaction score
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS PLEASE DRAFT TAVON AUSTIN IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!!!!!

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I picked him as my "full court shot". Glad to see some others are seeing the magic this kid has. He is like Barry Sanders playing WR. He gets the ball and spins, twists, bounces, and finds lanes and off he goes. He's absolutely electric. Great hands. Incredible field awareness. Somebody here called him a "smurf" and said Seattle would never draft him. I think he's in the Baldwin/Tate size range. He's be an awesome speed burner to put opposite of Rice. Or go 4 wide with Austin, Rice, Baldwin, and Tate. Our WR corps would take an exponential jump forward.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxzPryPMB74

I was a hater, or thought we didn't need another smurf....but this smurf is impressive. After thinking about the ways Harvin, Cobb, and Sprolles are used I can see this guy as someone we would look to add for a few reasons. We don't have any home run hitters on offense....and we can cut Leon Washington (who is making a lot) and replace him with Austin.

I apologize to sharkhawk for being a dick to him about his love for Austin. I can see it as a possibility.....sharkhawk was right, I was wrong. :229031_flagca:

His size concerns me, but then again Deshawn Jackson is small/light..... and instead of just a slot guy I think you would just put him everywhere you could. Get him his touches. Give Tate one more year and see if he continues to improve. I would also like to see a TE drafted.

I do think you may have to pick him in the first but if the hawks make the playoffs it will be a good draft slot to get him.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Count me in with the "Please draft Tavon Austin" bunch. Here's his post OU-game interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q231h_Xbjb4 Seems to be humble without disregarding his value... and knows his Pro position (slot receiver) when asked about playing RB in the NFL (said he doesn't think he would last.) I can see unlimited production out of this guy... and could really help take our offense to an elite level. The only other receiver I would be equally excited about would be Brandon Coleman of Rutgers (who has that size and speed, but I haven't seen anything that he is thinking about declaring early.)

zayden185

Reaction score
Have to account for him on the field. Other than getting a gronkowski..next he's thing is someone like that!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
6rec, 99 yards 1TD

14 Carries, 74 yards rushing

They are really going out of their way to feature him in the run game the last 2 games. Anyone have a link to highlights of the Iowa game? Im curious and would like to see those.

garydrake425

Reaction score
What are the chances that we draft him and what round? Dude is quick on his feet. Tate, Rice, Austin and Miller would give opposing defense's a serious match up to plan for every week. How would somebody not be open with those guys.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
garydrake425":3ipv3hvp said:
What are the chances that we draft him and what round? Dude is quick on his feet. Tate, Rice, Austin and Miller would give opposing defense's a serious match up to plan for every week. How would somebody not be open with those guys.

Footballsfuture.com has us taking him at #24.

Latest posts