Washington @ Colorado

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Washington's struggling on offense because they're making mental mistakes. Colorado's struggling because they're simply bad.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
And it doesn't look they fixed the offense at halftime as another penalty causes Washington to go 3 & out.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Washington's offense finally starts to make some plays in the second half and the Huskies are pulling away. It's 31-3 now. They still struggle in the red zone though.

Chapow

Reaction score
Little hasty there guys with all the "this is sad" and "we should be embarrassed" comments.

Yes, it was a slow start, but see what happens when you let a game run it's course?

It's currently 38-3.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Chapow":24aal088 said:
Little hasty there guys with all the "this is sad" and "we should be embarrassed" comments.

Yes, it was a slow start, but see what happens when you let a game run it's course?

It's currently 38-3.

Bruh it was sad, it should've been much worse but the Offense was s'ing itself everytime in the redzone.

Chapow

Reaction score
Throwdown":20osz537 said:
Chapow":20osz537 said:

It's currently 38-3.

Bruh it was sad, it should've been much worse but the Offense was s'ing itself everytime in the redzone.

And yet we still won by 35.

And 4 of our touchdowns were scored from within the red zone.

pehawk

Reaction score
I think Sark's again coaching his ass off. Win when you're suppose to, a few when you're not, and its okay.

kearly

Reaction score
It's weird that today was maybe Keith Price's best game ever statistically. He looked below average by the standard he set in 2011.

Colorado is fiercely bad. I'm pretty sure they'd lose to the 2008 Huskies. The announcers were essentially celebrating that Colorado was only down 7 at the half, and popped out the champagne bottles when they kicked a field goal: Colorado's first points at home in over a month. The Cougars lost to this team? Wow. That's not a slam on WSU, more like it's a statement of disbelief. Portland State put up a much better fight in their game (in Seattle) than Colorado did in Boulder.

ASJ looks like the best NFL prospect UW has put out since Steve (shame about the injuries) Emtman.

That said, it's pretty clear that UW needs to go hunting for WRs this offseason. Kasen Williams has always been over-rated, and I think part of what's holding Price back is that too often ASJ is his only quality option. Mickens is kind of like a rookie Golden Tate. He'll occasionally make a nifty play but on the whole his mistakes hold the offense back. None of their other receivers seem starter worthy. For all the talk about the Seahawks WR group, it's UW's group that deserves far more talk of needing upgrades from the hometown fans. UW's O-line is basically as good as it's ever been in the Sark ever now, and yet Price still doesn't look quite like his old self. I have to believe it's because he feels the absence of Kearse and Aguilar out there. Last year Seattle had 4 legit downfield targets, 5 if you count Polk. This year it's just two. I'm sure that's having an impact.

I really like UW's pass rush. Josh Shirley is only a RS Sophomore and is kind of the Chris Clemons of that defense. The other guys can get after it too. I really like the ASJ experiment- he's playing a bit of a "Red Bryant" role on that D. He hasn't had a sack yet, but he's come close every game and he's surprisingly good at collapsing the pocket. I don't think he'll ever have the kind of production that Dion Jordan has, but it does certainly feel like he's helping the defense. He had a fumble recovery today and forced a TD preventing hold.

I think Sark is a solid coach. In many ways he reminds me of Pete Carroll, especially regarding his penchant for controlling the ball late in games and making strong mid-game adjustments.

Speaking of coaches, Colorado needs to start looking for one. Their current guy makes Keith Gilbertson look like Nick Saban.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Kearly - I've been thinking the same thing about KP's performance. He was inaccurate all night, and many of his TDs were either swing passes or inaccurate throws hauled in by good receivers. He had a great game statistically, and he generally made sound decisions, but I did not think he looked particularly good tonight. I was hesitant to bring it up since I figured I'd get lambasted for being so picky when the dude throws 5 TDs.

Col is bad, but I'm glad they're in the pac-12. Every other team in the nation gets to pad its stats with cupcake games, why shouldn't we?

How is Kasen Williams over-rated? The guy has been a very good receiver this year, a good downfield blocker, has struggled at times with drops, but has also been a big-play option in many games where ASJ was conspicuously absent. ASJ is the overall better player, but for a true sophomore, I'm perfectly satisfied with KW's performance (even if I wish he were a true superstar like ASJ). Mickens is a true freshman. ASJ is a true sophomore. This is a really young group of pass-catchers, and yeah, we need to bring in more talented young pass-catchers, but I would not at all be surprised to see Mickens and Williams perform much better next year. I seem to recall that Kearse wasn't always such a hot receiver, either.

Additionally, how much is Williams' production limited by the lack of pass protection along the UW line? And KP's bailing on the pocket even when not under pressure? I think it was you that advocated for giving KP some more of the benefit of the doubt until the line solidifies, but doesn't the same apply equally to deep threat wideouts if the deep passing game has been eliminated from the playbook?

Latest posts