How would you guys feel about...

Erebus

Reaction score
...Chance Warmack in the first round if he's the BPA? I'm sure many people would be pissed off about spending another 1st round pick on the o-line, and its not a huge need, but he's a top 10 talent that could slip based purely on his position, and the upgrade over John Moffitt would be significant (or bump Carpenter back outside to RT to replace Giacomini).

Its a pure luxury pick, but IMO we are in position to make luxury picks.

kearly

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it personally, but I like our current group of guards and I think that Seattle still needs to look at stocking its pass rush. Irvin is doing what we drafted him to do, but he's not Clemons insurance, he's not a good 3 down player. We don't really have that insurance policy right now, it's time they started investing in one. Doesn't have to be in round one, but if a good option is there in round 1 I'd rather draft that then draft a really good guard, even if he's the next Hutch.

So I'd be okay with it, but only if a few other areas were not available for upgrade.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm generally happy with taking OL high in the draft. It is one of the most sure postition grouping in the "non-bust" category IMHO. However, like Kip said, guard is not really a position of need. We need tackles more than guards, I think. And there are other priorities, though I'm not so sure we can write off Irvin as Clem's eventual replacement yet. It's only been 10 games. ;)

If he was BPA is a big if IMO. Part of the whole "BPA" evaluation has to include his fit in the team and at least hinting at team needs. BPA gets really tricky when you start to compare "skill" positions (the sexy picks) to the "non-skill" positions (the boring ones). There are those who would never consider an OL the BPA, except maybe in cases like Walter Jones.

But like I said, if they went 1st Rd OL every draft, I probably wouldn't mind. :)

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
sutz":d7l2o4zh said:
But like I said, if they went 1st Rd OL every draft, I probably wouldn't mind. :)
SF has basically done this and they now have a Pro Bowl offensive line.

I'd be okay with it as well.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
I would like it because of the player and I am obsessed with seattle having an elite o line. Having said that I would like to see tackle pass rush and receiver before guard. Seattle has some good guards not ready to say Moffit can't be a good RG yet.

cover-2

Reaction score
No thanks. If he was the best player available then trade down, there might be a team willing to overpay in draft picks to get him.

sutz

Reaction score
cover-2":bzsbqedd said:
No thanks. If he was the best player available then trade down, there might be a team willing to overpay in draft picks to get him.
Which is an excellent option, but not always doable. It would be a not so bad consolation if no other option was available.

:229031_shrug:

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I would be ok with it. I think DE and DT should be looked at though.

hai

Reaction score
To be honest, i would go for Jonathan cooper and switching Cooper to our RT, since Cooper has tackle skills with good feet, and is experienced in the ZBS, i would not doubt we Cooper BPA, or PC&JS feel comfortable with our WR or there are no Megatron types, or all the Pass rushers have been picked, i see they go O-line to combat the NFC West good d-lines and the running game is our thing, therefore we need to pro bowl lineman(impossible but be AMAZING if it happens, better then W.Jones era?).
Cooper has some amazing footwork and power, its crazy...

hai

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":fhjgjipx said:
Chance Warmack appears to be a generational talent at guard. Having a line of Okung-Carp-Unger-Warmack-Anyone would be amazing. If a guy like Warmack falls to us, I think we'd be fools not to take him.
We said that about Castro..etc..Look who we ended up getting? IRVIN BABY!!!!!!
However, we kind of solved our pass rush situation, we might have the luxury to choose BPA.
Warmack or Cooper, i choose Cooper just cause Breno.G is our biggest weakness, and Cooper with his power and feet, perfect Tackle in our ZBS.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
hai":2n34gwje said:
peachesenregalia":2n34gwje said:
Chance Warmack appears to be a generational talent at guard. Having a line of Okung-Carp-Unger-Warmack-Anyone would be amazing. If a guy like Warmack falls to us, I think we'd be fools not to take him.
We said that about Castro..etc..Look who we ended up getting? IRVIN BABY!!!!!!
However, we kind of solved our pass rush situation, we might have the luxury to choose BPA.
Warmack or Cooper, i choose Cooper just cause Breno.G is our biggest weakness, and Cooper with his power and feet, perfect Tackle in our ZBS.
I'm sold, you got me excited about Cooper. I just watched his Virginia Tech game this is the guy I want, whether they have to spend a first round pick or not. Very athletic for a big man.