Updated 2013 mock draft - Now includes second round

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Some people hate these things. Others enjoy them. Here you go if you're bothered. I've done a round two but don't take much out of it...

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/updated-mo ... h-november

I think there are similarities between 2011 and the forthcoming draft in April. There are a handful of really talented defensive prospects. There isn’t a clear ‘superstar’ quarterback gaining rave reviews like Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III. If the Kansas City Chiefs have the #1 pick they’ll be in the same situation as Carolina. They’ll face a choice of best player vs a launch pad quarterback. And I suspect they’ll take a quarterback.

The question would become who do they take? Newton was an easier choice in 2011 due to his outstanding physical talents. Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson etc don’t boast those same qualities. Yet anyone watching the Chiefs recent defeat to Pittsburgh can identify where Kansas City’s problems lie. They don’t have a terrible roster. They’ve got some nice pieces on defense and some playmakers on offense. They compete in a pretty open AFC West division. They just need a quarterback who can bring everything together.

All thoughts welcome and appreciated.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
Not a big Tyler Eifert fan? I also read your comments on tackles I feel that's something just as important as receiver. I personally feel Breno Giacomini is a good back up.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1m7j6ryu said:
Maybe the best qb class in decades followed by the worst.

Isn't that how it always goes? To be good, that class has to draw on talent that should be coming out in the next class, and then the next class is left talentless.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
BAllenHawk":j6ulfgzr said:
Not a big Tyler Eifert fan? I also read your comments on tackles I feel that's something just as important as receiver. I personally feel Breno Giacomini is a good back up.

Eifert no better or worse than any of the other Notre Dame TE's to enter the league in recent years who also went in R2.

As for tackles... let's not go there again. Giacomini is fine. Hardly any teams in the NFL have an elite right tackle. The Seahawks have been down that route already and have moved Carpenter to guard. They don't need to spend another R1 pick on the o-line.

CPHawk

Reaction score
So most now see Barner as a fringe 1st rounder, and you don't have him even in the 2nd round? When he bust out a 4.35 40 and 20 of so on the bench, he will clinch a 1st round pick.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":i8hi287p said:
So most now see Barner as a fringe 1st rounder, and you don't have him even in the 2nd round? When he bust out a 4.35 40 and 20 of so on the bench, he will clinch a 1st round pick.

I'm not seeing this royal 'most' among people who watch CFB. I like Barner, but I'm not convinced he's a pick in the first two rounds. I definitely can't put him in round one right now. Not that I'm unwilling to change that view.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":17872bxe said:
BAllenHawk":17872bxe said:

Eifert no better or worse than any of the other Notre Dame TE's to enter the league in recent years who also went in R2.

As for tackles... let's not go there again. Giacomini is fine. Hardly any teams in the NFL have an elite right tackle. The Seahawks have been down that route already and have moved Carpenter to guard. They don't need to spend another R1 pick on the o-line.
I never said round 1, but if we did I wouldn't be disappointed . Carp was a guy who played LT at Alabama and most people believed he was better at left guard anyways, so they didn't draft a true right tackle. As for Breno I disagree on him being fine. I think the front office isn't completely FINE with him either since they only signed him to a two year deal. I feel right tackle is a need whether teams have an elite RT or not.

Latest posts