Texas A&M vs. Alabama

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Texas A&M vs. Alabama
Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:07 pm
  • 14 nothing Texas A&M. Please win tam
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Re: Texas A&M vs. Alabama
Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:09 pm
  • Wow. Wonder what would have happened if Johny had stuck with his commit to Oregon? He's pretty good, but so is Mariota.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:22 pm
  • I know it's only the 1st quarter, but where are all the SEC homers that said a hurry-up spread option offense wouldn't be effective against a good SEC defense like Alabama's?
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:24 pm
  • 21-0 wow... who saw this coming?
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:24 pm
  • Even if they end up losing, if
    Oregon ends up playing them, this is the blueprint.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:25 pm
  • 21-0. Texas A&M offense is cruising right now. Very impressive start. At 14-0, that was the largest deficit Alabama has been down since 2010 lol

I don't know if AJ can lead this kind of comeback for Bama.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:32 pm
  • Alabama's allowed more points in the 1st quarter today (20) than they've allowed in any complete game this year.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:38 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:Wow. Wonder what would have happened if Johny had stuck with his commit to Oregon? He's pretty good, but so is Mariota.

Definatly would have been an amazing battle. I think both ended up in the right place though and worked out for all involved.

Loving this game.

Texas A&M has given some leads away this year though, so this aint over yet.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:35 pm
  • Texas A&M tends to start fast against tough SEC teams and then fade in the second half. Once Florida and LSU got used to the style and pacing, they shut down "Johnny Football" and the rest of the offense. It was 20-0, now its 20-14, I think Bama might run away with this one in the second half. Manzel is a hell of an athlete though.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:01 pm
  • Ok ..... where is the Update?
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:04 pm
  • Jville wrote:Ok ..... where is the Update?

A&M leads 20-17 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:18 pm
  • A&M inside the 10 at the beginning of the 4th. Looks like they'll get more points here.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:24 pm
  • The game's definitely calmed down in the second half as the teams have only managed to exchange a field goal each.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:36 pm
  • Mixed kicks by A&M might be the difference in their game.

Should be a 10 point game rather then a 6 point game.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:45 pm
  • Swope is impressing me today.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:48 pm
  • Wow what a game!
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:53 pm
  • Please no prevent defense from Texas A&M!
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:56 pm
  • I've seriously never in my life heard two national announcers further up a team's butt than these two are about Alabama. They are worse than the guys who call Notre Dame every single week. They keep saying stuff like "we" and "us" and "ohhh no!" and just typical fan speak. They are so disappointed on every bad Bama play and super excited on anything Bama does right. They also are totally seeing this one completely one-sided. I dislike both teams extremely. I could care less who wins honestly. It just makes me laugh listening to such completely ridiculous brown nosing announcers. I wonder if they watch the games later and get embarrassed, or if they know that the SEC WANTS them to do it.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:59 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:I've seriously never in my life heard two national announcers further up a team's butt than these two are about Alabama. They are worse than the guys who call Notre Dame every single week. They keep saying stuff like "we" and "us" and "ohhh no!" and just typical fan speak. They are so disappointed on every bad Bama play and super excited on anything Bama does right. They also are totally seeing this one completely one-sided. I dislike both teams extremely. I could care less who wins honestly. It just makes me laugh listening to such completely ridiculous brown nosing announcers. I wonder if they watch the games later and get embarrassed, or if they know that the SEC WANTS them to do it.

Gary Danielson, the color guy, is horrible. He's the biggest SEC Homer i've ever heard in my life.

I'm really hoping that Texas A&M and their "gimmick" offense, as the new kids on the block in teh conference, can hang on.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:01 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Please no prevent defense from Texas A&M!

Well, they went with a blitz and got burned.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:01 pm
  • He is awful for sure J. He incorrectly claimed it was a 4th down earlier and starts questioning the play call by A&M on a pitch on 4th down. Then says, "What I was really saying there was that I think they are thinking it's 4 down territory, so I was wondering what they'd dial up on that 3rd down to set them up for 4th down."

Yeah right Gary. Bullcrap. I remember when that guy was in the NFL. He sucked. I remember ripping up his football cards because he was so lame. Haha.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:02 pm
  • Refs blew one there. #42 was lined up offside on that 3rd down play and it wasn't called.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:04 pm
  • Manziel has a bit of Russell Wilson-likeness in him doesn't he? Accurate, smart mobile, etc. He didn't look so good that series, but over the entire game I'm quite impressed. This is the first time I've seen him play and I think he's a darn good player. I find it hilarious they have AJ McCarron as a top 5 Heisman watch list. He's on a really good team. I just don't think he's that good of a QB. He has his moments, but he just does not LOOK like an NFL QB to me. But what do I know?
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:04 pm
  • I take back my earlier post... maybe they should have tried prevent defense.

Yeeesh.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:05 pm
  • And right after I say that he throws a perfect bomb down the middle that will likely win the game. D'oh!
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:07 pm
  • Alabama has the holding rules applied to them like the Giants and Broncos do..... maybe once every quarter of a season it looks.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:08 pm
  • Well, that play didn't work.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• SharkHawk wrote:And right after I say that he throws a perfect bomb down the middle that will likely win the game. D'oh!

And then he gives the game away!

Go Ducks!!! New number 1. although we've still got business to take care of.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Ok, I was right. Haha. What an absolutely stupid play call and an even more moronic throw. What in the hell was he thinking?
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:09 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:And right after I say that he throws a perfect bomb down the middle that will likely win the game. D'oh!

I don't think they will be number 1 due to the "mysterious computer rankings". They make no sense. I think Bama drops to 2 and Oregon is 3 again. ;)
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:10 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:And right after I say that he throws a perfect bomb down the middle that will likely win the game. D'oh!

I don't think they will be number 1 due to the "mysterious computer rankings". They make no sense. I think Bama drops to 2 and Oregon is 3 again. ;)

Well the Ducks should be #1 in the people polls. Probably not in the BCS. (although they will be by the end of the year if they keep winning)
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:11 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Go Ducks!!! New number 1. although we've still got business to take care of.

I think if K-State beats TCU they'll stay ahead of Oregon.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:14 pm
  • Wow, and Alabama's going to lose on a defensive penalty.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:15 pm
  • Holy Smokes ...... off sides LOL ..... fun to watch
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:17 pm
  • Nick Saban sure is a bitch. I get sick and tired of people talking that guy up. He quit on his college team. He quit on the Dolphins. He came to Bama and has gotten everything and then some handed to him. Now he's bitching out the refs after the game. Shut up Nick. For hell's sake... just shut up man. You lost. You were outcoached. You allowed 20 points before you did anything and now you want to blame the game on the refs? Go shake the opposing coaches hand and walk off like a man.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:19 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Go Ducks!!! New number 1. although we've still got business to take care of.

I think if K-State beats TCU they'll stay ahead of Oregon.

Concur. I think it has to stay that way according to the computer rankings as they stand right now, unless they win by 1 in multiple OT's, all the teams they've played this year lose today, and Oregon wins by 28+ points. I am sure somebody they have beaten has won today, so their SOS will stay about where it is (or even go up a bit because they are playing TCU).
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:26 pm
  • It doesn't really matter where UO is, 1 or 2, as long as they win they are in. More then likely, after this week, they play 3 strait top 20 teams.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:26 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:[quote="SharkHawk"]And right after I say that he throws a perfect bomb down the middle that will likely win the game. D'oh!

Well the Ducks should be #1 in the people polls. Probably not in the BCS. (although they will be by the end of the year if they keep winning)[/quote]

If they beat SC and didn't move up who left on their schedule is going to propel them assuming notre dame and kstate do to? Which I don't think they will.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:27 pm
  • I can't believe my beloved Alabama lost. It's cool though, sooner or later Kansas state will lose too.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:13 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Well the Ducks should be #1 in the people polls. Probably not in the BCS. (although they will be by the end of the year if they keep winning)

If they beat SC and didn't move up who left on their schedule is going to propel them assuming notre dame and kstate do to? Which I don't think they will.

Well they did move up from beating SC. They passed Notre Dame.

They still play Oregon State and Stanford who are both better then USC (according to the BCS, not according to the eye test). And the big thing is that they have a championship game which Notre Dame and K State do not. An extra win will be enough to move them up.

Plus, with teams losing in front of them in teh computer polls that will move us up in the BCS, since we're already comfortably ahead of K State and Notre Dame in the human polls. This isnt just me being a homer, this is what the "experts" are projecting.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:41 pm
  • GIG 'Em Aggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:12 pm
  • Well, guess I missed on that one.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information