Missing that one guy!!!

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Missing that one guy!!!
Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:32 am
  • Offense = ?

Defense = ?

Offense = Tavon austin or de anthony thomas titus young percy harvin type

Defense = Dominant Defensive player ala (Von miller or jj watt)

Suggestions??????
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    skater18000
    NET Starter

Re: Missing that one guy!!!
Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:35 am
  • I actually don't think we're missing "that one piece". What we're missing is experience.
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:37 am
  • On offense we are missing a big time WR. We need another guy with size....not a smurf.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:47 am
  • So we are missing one guy but from both sides of the ball? Hm.....general manager....

We are finally starting to see a team that can afford to go best player available. There aren't glaring holes in our team anymore. After the first few weeks I thought WR was a huge area of concern, but Rice is showing he can be a #1 if he gets the ball and Tate can score TDs if he doesn't dance around.

We still need a DE/LB hybrid in the mold of Clay Matthews. I'm hoping we upgrade Leroy Hill.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:30 pm
  • You know what's really missing? Punctuation, grammar, complete sentences, and new questions.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:34 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:You know what's really missing? Punctuation, grammar, complete sentences, and new questions.

I wouldn't say he's "missing" it so much as the concept eludes him.
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:03 am
  • Offensively I think the one thing we are missing is that go-to, I don't care if he is covered, its thrid down and we need a big play guy.

All the top teams have one, thats the main thing I think we are missing.

As for defense. I truly believe we have a couple of those guys. ET is the best Safety in the league. He is always around the ball, he just needs to make those catches. The other is KJ Wright. I believe some time in the next year or two, he will be that big play unstopable force on this defense. He has all the potential. And he shows glimmers of that ability every once in a while.
    sainthawk29
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:11 am
  • Its Sidney Rice

Its Leroy Hill's Replacement
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

skater18000
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:25 am
  • I think our guy on offense goes by the name Marshawn Lynch, I MIGHT BE WRONG THOUGH SO DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT!!! :sarcasm_off:
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:39 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I think our guy on offense goes by the name Marshawn Lynch, I MIGHT BE WRONG THOUGH SO DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT!!! :sarcasm_off:

Good one!!!

skater18000
    NET Starter

Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:24 pm
  • Any one of the following players could be the missing piece for the Seahawks...

Offense (draft): Rutgers (WR) Brandon Coleman 6-6 220 lbs.
    Offense (free agent): (WR) Mike Wallace - Wallace's speed is elite and would be a outstanding deep threat for Wilson to throw to.
    or (TE) Jarred Cook - Cook at 6-5 and a 4.5 40-yard speed is one of the most talented young TE's in the NFL. Cook could be a Pro-Bowl TE with Russell Wilson throwing to him.

Defense (draft): Oregon (DE/LB) Dion Jordan - Coach Carroll could use Jordan in a number of different ways...Opposing offense's would have to scheme around Jordan.
    Defense (free agent): (DT) Glenn Dorsey - He has been a disappointment with the Chiefs, but I think he could thrive on our defense as the 3-tech.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:29 pm
  • cover-2 wrote: or (TE) Jarred Cook - Cook at 6-5 and a 4.5 40-yard speed is one of the most talented young TE's in the NFL. Cook could be a Pro-Bowl TE with Russell Wilson throwing to him.

Zach Miller was a Pro-Bowl TE with Jason Campbell and Bruce Gradkowski throwing to him. Russell Wilson is better than those guys IMO.

We don't need to upgrade our starting TE, we need to use him. Miller was a 60 catch a season guy before he got to Seattle. We are 9 games into the season and he has 18 catches.

We are already wasting away a very good receiving TE, what would be the point of bringing in another one?
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:43 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    cover-2 wrote: or (TE) Jarred Cook - Cook at 6-5 and a 4.5 40-yard speed is one of the most talented young TE's in the NFL. Cook could be a Pro-Bowl TE with Russell Wilson throwing to him.

Zach Miller was a Pro-Bowl TE with Jason Campbell and Bruce Gradkowski throwing to him. Russell Wilson is better than those guys IMO.

We don't need to upgrade our starting TE, we need to use him. Miller was a 60 catch a season guy before he got to Seattle. We are 9 games into the season and he has 18 catches.

We are already wasting away a very good receiving TE, what would be the point of bringing in another one?

Yeah but Anthony McCoy has looked pretty good at times and Evan Moore is fall out terrible

Adding a pass catching type TE to our group

skater18000
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:13 pm
  • They had one in Winslow. It's not too late to add him is it? If it looks like we're heading for the playoffs I think you go and sign a guy like Winslow.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:41 pm
  • skater18000 wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    cover-2 wrote: or (TE) Jarred Cook - Cook at 6-5 and a 4.5 40-yard speed is one of the most talented young TE's in the NFL. Cook could be a Pro-Bowl TE with Russell Wilson throwing to him.

Yeah but Anthony McCoy has looked pretty good at times and Evan Moore is fall out terrible

Adding a pass catching type TE to our group

Miller was a nice TE when with the Raiders, but the only reason he had as many receptions as he did was because the Raiders WR's all sucked and Campbell and Gradkowski basically had no one else to throw to. Miller is not a guy that can stretch the seam and be a big playmaker for us. Miller has below average speed for a TE and is not going to get a lot of separation, and this is why I think we could upgrade or at least add another more athletic TE. I'm not saying use a 1st round pick on a TE, but we should target a more athletic TE in the 2nd or 3rd round or sign Cook. McCoy is just another guy nothing special and has yet to prove himself as a legit player.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:11 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information