Notre Dame

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Notre Dame
Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:30 pm
  • Good news for Duck fans, the Irish are losing to Pitt in the 4th quarter, 20-12. Of course, they just got helped out by a bogus pass interference call on a 4th down to give them a 1st & goal that they turned into a TD.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: Notre Dame
Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:41 pm
  • Not worried about Notre Dame. Even if they win today, as long as the Ducks take care of USC we should move ahead of them. They were only ahead of us by 0.001 in the BCS.

Really though, i think Notre Dame is a pretty average team. Got bailed out by the officiating against Stanford, and again today. If they dont lose today they'll probably lose to USC.

A little bit worried about Kansas State, but not worried about ND at all.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:53 pm
  • Truly horrible clock management on that last drive is going to give ND the ball back with decent field position and 3 minutes remaining.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:58 pm
  • Odd, I'm finding myself rooting for the Fighting Irish.

Tie game.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:00 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Odd, I'm finding myself rooting for the Fighting Irish.

Tie game.

Me too. Cuz i'd love to kick their ass in the title game if by some miracle Alabama loses.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:01 pm
  • Fuhget Notre Dame. The Duke basketball (minus winning) of college football. I like coach K, I can't stand ND
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:38 pm
  • Damn, both teams are shooting themselves in the foot in OT.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:08 pm
  • They are the absolute worst team I've seen ranked this high this late in the season. They show what's wrong with the BCS. They are one bad call away from losing to both BYU and Pitt of all teams, yet they are ranked 3rd? Isn't Oregon below them in the BCS rankings? As it stands now, Notre Dame can theoretically lose a game and still play for the national title over some other teams that could go undefeated. What a joke. Do they get special Notre Dame points and that's the big secret in the computer formula?
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:11 pm
  • Too bad computers don't take scores into account, they looked bad. Not near the #3 team in the country. Ducks, on the other hand...
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:15 pm
  • They don't even look like a #30 team. I believe score is taken into account. They just stop at 28 now. So if you win by 100, then it logs it as winning by 28, so that winning margin is the same for every team on a scale from 1-28.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:19 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:They are the absolute worst team I've seen ranked this high this late in the season. They show what's wrong with the BCS. They are one bad call away from losing to both BYU and Pitt of all teams, yet they are ranked 3rd? Isn't Oregon below them in the BCS rankings? As it stands now, Notre Dame can theoretically lose a game and still play for the national title over some other teams that could go undefeated. What a joke. Do they get special Notre Dame points and that's the big secret in the computer formula?

Gotta agree. And don't the human rankings factor in as well?
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:39 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information