Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:25 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm
Posts: 1609
12 rec for 257 AT HALFTIME

His body control is ridiculous


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:28 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
He's pretty damn good.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:30 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
Posts: 5398
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Lee & Woods are why Barkley puts up such big numbers.

_________________
Image
You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:10 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
Posts: 4373
Location: Southern CA
He just set a new USC and conference record for single game reception yards.

_________________
Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:44 pm 
* NET Cynic *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
Posts: 3507
Location: St. Louis, MO
USC with another choke job. You can set your watch to those.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:59 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Rat wrote:
USC with another choke job. You can set your watch to those.


I want to say they were looking forward to Oregon, but I think it was just USC being USC. I hope Lane Kiffin stays their coach for a long, long time.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:14 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm
Posts: 2112
Barkley looked like crap. Hope we don't touch him with a 10ft pole, he is Rick Mirer II.


Last edited by CPHawk on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:56 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9831
Oregon and USC are making me feel better and better about my Pac-12 preseason predictions. Oregon State, not so much. And yeah, I hope Kiffin has a long tenure at USC. I doubt the NFL will be calling his number any time soon.

Wish I could have seen the game. Looked like Matt Scott had another very good game statistically. RG3 and Cam Newton exempted, there is still a very strong bias against read-option QBs in the draft. I'm guessing Scott could be another victim of that. Which could be great news for us- he fits our QB profile perfectly.

This game shakes up the whole conference btw. Arizona now owns the tiebreaker against USC, and they've gotten Oregon out of their system. USC still has to play Oregon. If USC loses to Oregon, and they probably will, that means Arizona controls their own destiny.

Either way, this might hurt Oregon's national title chances a little since USC has lost some luster and if Arizona represents the Pac-12 south it won't give Oregon much of a bump after the championship game.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:54 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm
Posts: 2112
kearly wrote:
Oregon and USC are making me feel better and better about my Pac-12 preseason predictions. Oregon State, not so much. And yeah, I hope Kiffin has a long tenure at USC. I doubt the NFL will be calling his number any time soon.

Wish I could have seen the game. Looked like Matt Scott had another very good game statistically. RG3 and Cam Newton exempted, there is still a very strong bias against read-option QBs in the draft. I'm guessing Scott could be another victim of that. Which could be great news for us- he fits our QB profile perfectly.

This game shakes up the whole conference btw. Arizona now owns the tiebreaker against USC, and they've gotten Oregon out of their system. USC still has to play Oregon. If USC loses to Oregon, and they probably will, that means Arizona controls their own destiny.

Either way, this might hurt Oregon's national title chances a little since USC has lost some luster and if Arizona represents the Pac-12 south it won't give Oregon much of a bump after the championship game.



Oh well, all you can do is take care of whoever is put in front of you. UO will beat any big 10 team like a drum in the rose bowl, putting the bcs right where they don't want to be, with two undefeated teams who killed everyone they played. KSU and ND are frauds, SC will end ND dream.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5208
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
God college football is so freaking stupid. If you beat every team you play, you should be with the best of the best, and it shouldn't matter how good your opponents are. What your OPPONENTS DO should not dictate where YOU END UP if you beat all of them. Lame.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:55 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17443
Location: Graham, WA
hawksfan515 wrote:
God college football is so freaking stupid. If you beat every team you play, you should be with the best of the best, and it shouldn't matter how good your opponents are. What your OPPONENTS DO should not dictate where YOU END UP if you beat all of them. Lame.


You must be a Boise St. fan

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:57 pm 
* NET Lead Admin *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 8509
Throwdown wrote:
hawksfan515 wrote:
God college football is so freaking stupid. If you beat every team you play, you should be with the best of the best, and it shouldn't matter how good your opponents are. What your OPPONENTS DO should not dictate where YOU END UP if you beat all of them. Lame.


You must be a Boise St. fan


Ok that made me laugh.

_________________
Championships are forever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5208
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
Throwdown wrote:
hawksfan515 wrote:
God college football is so freaking stupid. If you beat every team you play, you should be with the best of the best, and it shouldn't matter how good your opponents are. What your OPPONENTS DO should not dictate where YOU END UP if you beat all of them. Lame.


You must be a Boise St. fan



nope, Seahawks fan, first, foremost, and only :)

I will root for the Ducks or Huskies when they're on, the Beavers and USC when they're good, and an underdog.

But other than that I do not enjoy college too much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:59 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
Posts: 4373
Location: Southern CA
The scary thing about Marquise is that he didn't start playing receiver until his senior year of high school and is just a sophomore in college this year. He's probably going to get even better.

_________________
Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:24 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
kearly wrote:
Oregon and USC are making me feel better and better about my Pac-12 preseason predictions. Oregon State, not so much. And yeah, I hope Kiffin has a long tenure at USC. I doubt the NFL will be calling his number any time soon.

Wish I could have seen the game. Looked like Matt Scott had another very good game statistically. RG3 and Cam Newton exempted, there is still a very strong bias against read-option QBs in the draft. I'm guessing Scott could be another victim of that. Which could be great news for us- he fits our QB profile perfectly.

This game shakes up the whole conference btw. Arizona now owns the tiebreaker against USC, and they've gotten Oregon out of their system. USC still has to play Oregon. If USC loses to Oregon, and they probably will, that means Arizona controls their own destiny.

Either way, this might hurt Oregon's national title chances a little since USC has lost some luster and if Arizona represents the Pac-12 south it won't give Oregon much of a bump after the championship game.


Oregon State's loss against UW is going to hurt Oregon's NC chances as well. That's 2 teams dropping out of the top 10 this week. Though OSU can get back in to the top 10 more easily than USC at this point.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4667
Location: The 5-0
I'd much prefer Robert Woods. Complete package, runs excellent routes, probably the most pro-ready of any WR in the draft. He's a great kid with great work ethic, carries himself without attitude and thrives to get better. He and Rice would be scary with Baldwin underneath and with O line help, Miller would get his touches as well. Lynch deserves a better passing game around him.

I'd give our 1 and 5 (or Tate) to move up to get Woods (probably around the 10 spot).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:26 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4317
HawkWow wrote:
I'd much prefer Robert Woods. Complete package, runs excellent routes, probably the most pro-ready of any WR in the draft. He's a great kid with great work ethic, carries himself without attitude and thrives to get better. He and Rice would be scary with Baldwin underneath and with O line help, Miller would get his touches as well. Lynch deserves a better passing game around him.

I'd give our 1 and 5 (or Tate) to move up to get Woods (probably around the 10 spot).


I'm a USC fan and I am worried about Woods at the next level. Think he's much more likely to bust than Lee (who is incredible).

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:20 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Awesome little video about Marqise Lee. Will make you root for him even if you don't like USC. On the field he reminds me of Terrell Owens, except without the TO personna.

http://vimeo.com/52810696

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marqise Lee is the best player in college football
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:49 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:45 pm
Posts: 666
Location: Yakima
Lee may not be as "pro ready" or as advanced as some others, but he is the
most otherworldly receiving talent I've seen this year and I watch a LOT of
college football.

Love the college game but it'll never replace the Hawks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hawknation2014 and 7 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.