3. kansas State
4. Oregon
5. Notre Dame
6. LSU
7. Oregon State
8. Oklahoma
9. USC
10. Georgia

I know these rankings are meaningless at this time but its still frustrating. Weak ass pac 12 is killing us. Oregon, USC and 10 crappy teams. Really chaps my hide that K. State jumped over us when we were scheduled to play them this year until they pussed out and backed out of it.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Agreed, a terrible Big 12 that is hideously overrated is getting more credit than the Pac 12. I'd love to see Oregon against the SEC winner in the title game, that will be a fun game to watch.

cesame

Reaction score
Oregon will be fine if they win out

USCx2, Stanford, Oregon State

Oregon will remain #2 in the Coaches and Harris poll and that's 2/3 of the BCS formula. Once their computer ranking goes up after beating tougher opponents it's all gravy.

sturg78

Reaction score
Kinda stings worse knowing we had Kansas lined up as a preseason game and they pulled out. If they get in and not Oregon, I hope they get slaughtered. That being said, I don't think they go undefeated.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
i know, this whole dropping to #4 is rediculous.... so here's to next weeks match-ups

GO DUCKS (Colorado @ #2 Oregon)
GO BULLDOGS (#2 Florida @ #10 Georgia)
GO RED RAIDERS (#14 Texas Tech @ #3 Kansas St)

and ahh hell, GO BULLDOGS AGAIN (#11 Mississippi St @ #1 Alabama)

Oregon Ducks 004f27 ffcc00

Chapow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3uh3jl9g said:
Weak ass pac 12 is killing us.

I don't think your out of conference schedule is doing you any favors...

Arkansas State, Sunbelt Conference, game played in Eugene

Fresno State, Mountain West Conference, game played in Eugene

Tennessee Tech, Ohio Valley Conference of the FCS (Division I-AA), game played in Eugene

I mean c'mon man, that schedule is a joke. You don't think that is hurting you at least as much as the "weak ass pac 12"?

cesame

Reaction score
djTOY2000":1rp8hnyq said:
i know, this whole dropping to #4 is rediculous.... so here's to next weeks match-ups

GO DUCKS (Colorado @ #2 Oregon)
GO BULLDOGS (#2 Florida @ #10 Georgia)
GO RED RAIDERS (#14 Texas Tech @ #3 Kansas St)

and ahh hell, GO BULLDOGS AGAIN (#11 Mississippi St @ #1 Alabama)

Oregon Ducks 004f27 ffcc00

I think a lot of Oregon fans know that as the season goes on Oregon will jump Kansas State if Oregon stays undefeated, regardless if Kansas State stays undefeated or not.

cesame

Reaction score
Chapow":191v5i2e said:
JSeahawks":191v5i2e said:

Tennessee Tech, Ohio Valley Conference of the FCS (Division I-AA), game played in Eugene

I mean c'mon man, that schedule is a joke. You don't think that is hurting you at least as much as the "weak ass pac 12"?

Like it's been said in this very thread

Oregon had Kansas State scheduled but at the last minute Kansas State canceled. It's not Oregon's fault.

Chapow

Reaction score
cesame":14f5q48s said:
Chapow":14f5q48s said:
JSeahawks":14f5q48s said:

Like it's been said in this very thread

Oregon had Kansas State scheduled but at the last minute Kansas State canceled. It's not Oregon's fault.

I am aware of that and I understand that K State backing out is not Oregons fault. That doesn't change the fact that Oregons out of conference schedule that they actually played was very, very weak.
I just said I think their out of conference schedule is hurting them at least as much as the "weak ass Pac 12". You don't?
Keep in mind that the BCS standings don't take in to account who they were supposed to play, only who they actually did play.

cesame

Reaction score
The big thing is they haven't played the toughest teams in the PAC 12 yet (OSU, USC, STAN). That will help more than anything.

USC and OSU are both ranked in the top 10, and Stanford will be about a top 15 team when they face them. I expect USC to knock off ND and that will only help as well. Oregon's schedule will be fine.

Kansas State's "tough schedule" is over. Kansas State going into the weak part of their schedule as Oregon goes into the toughest part of their schedule will make it very easy for Oregon to jump Kansas State.

I hope Kansas State enjoys it while it lasts. By the end of the year they'll be wishing they didn't cancel Oregon as Oregon will have played a tougher conference schedule than Kansas State.

So much for the "weak azz PAC 12"

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter, as this year all you have to do to make it to the title game is be one of the top 4 teams right?

If Oregon stays unbeated, I don't see them falling out of the top 4. Doesn't matter if their 1, 2, 3, or 4 as long as they bring home the gold in the end. Just ask the Giants.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3w2htvdg said:
Doesn't really matter, as this year all you have to do to make it to the title game is be one of the top 4 teams right?

If Oregon stays unbeated, I don't see them falling out of the top 4. Doesn't matter if their 1, 2, 3, or 4 as long as they bring home the gold in the end. Just ask the Giants.

Nope, that starts next year. This year its the same old BCS 1 vs 2.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Crap. Make what you want out of the SEC, but damn near every ranked team in that conference plays 8 or 9 "home" games a year. They get away with it cuz its been going on for decades. Oregon copies their model and is penalized. Go Figure!

SeatownJay

Reaction score
ESPN is predicting that the Ducks will get jumped by Notre Dame this week, making it 3 weeks in a row that a team jumps over the Ducks in the BCS standings.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":19u9khv5 said:
ESPN is predicting that the Ducks will get jumped by Notre Dame this week, making it 3 weeks in a row that a team jumps over the Ducks in the BCS standings.

I think thats likely, but not a certainty. The Ducks should stay a solid #2 in the human polls, and will probably actually be stronger in those since Florida was the team that was stealing some of our 2nd place votes. It's the computers that are hurting the Ducks right now, but at least temporarily the Washington win over the Beavers helps the Ducks, since we've already beaten WAshington. Of course, after we play the Beavers, then this Washington win hurts us because the Beavs wont be ranked as high.

Also, Oklahoma losing today weakens Kansas State's resume, which will hurt them in the computer rankings.

In the end you just gotta beat who's on your schedule and hope its enough. gonna be tough at USC next week.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1x3o6fox said:
In the end you just gotta beat who's on your schedule and hope its enough. gonna be tough at USC next week.
Next week will either help clarify things or throw everything into a blender.

Alabama is at LSU
Kansas State hosts Oklahoma State
Oregon is at USC
Notre Dame hosts Pittsburgh

hawksfan515

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2mwsf2it said:
hawksfan515":2mwsf2it said:

Nope, that starts next year. This year its the same old BCS 1 vs 2.

Wow that sucks. Ducks might be in trouble then.

CPHawk

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":zil4ee7j said:
Sorry to spoil the party but the ducks won't win out but I bet they'll still end up in a title game.

:sarcasm_off: