What WR can we get with our #1 pick?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Our pick will probably be bottom half of the draft (I hope to Christ it is) - maybe really low.

Maybe 32nd.

Whatever. Who's in the draft that we can get? PC likes the big strong flanker type. I highly doubt we can get the next Larry Fitzgerald with out pick even if he's in the draft. After listening to last night's balls-off-the-hands debacle, I would say getting that #1 reciever should be a priority. We sure as hell don't have him now.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
The Top 10 Wide Receivers

1. Robert Woods, USC (Junior)

"The next Reggie Wayne. The most dependable receiver in the country."

2. Terrance Williams, Baylor (Senior)

"He can be a Victor Cruz-type of playmaker in the NFL."

3. Justin Hunter, Tennessee (Junior)

"Big, athletic Marques Colston-esque red zone weapon."

4. Keenan Allen, Cal (Junior)

"Best physical talent of any receiver. His quarterback is hurting him, though."

5. Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas (Senior)

"Track star speed in a 6’3’’, 210-pound body. Dwayne Bowe clone."

6. Tavon Austin, West Virginia (Senior)

"He’s a shorter, lighter Percy Harvin. Added special teams value."

7. DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson (Junior)

"Sammy Who? He’s been Clemson’s MVP this season."

8. Marquess Wilson, Washington State (Junior)

"His deep speed is questionable. His size and hands are certainly not."

9. Stedman Bailey, West Virginia (Junior)

"He's really stepping out of Tavon Austin's shadow this year."

10. Marcus Davis, Virginia Tech (Senior)

"Freakish physical skills will get him drafted on Day 2."

Wide Receivers: Seniors to Watch

Aaron Dobson, Marshall
Aaron Mellette, Elon
Chad Bumphis, Mississippi State
Conner Vernon, Duke
Dan Buckner, Arizona
Denard Robinson, Michigan (QB)
Emory Blake, Auburn
Erik Highsmith, North Carolina
Markus Wheaton, Oregon State
Marquise Goodwin, Texas
Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech
Ryan Swope, Texas A&M
Tavarres King, Georgia
T.J. Moe, Missouri

Wide Receivers: Underclassmen to Watch

Cody Hoffman, BYU
Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech
Devin Street, Pittsburgh
Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin
Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt
Josh Boyce, TCU
Kenny Stills, Oklahoma
Matt Miller, Boise State
Michael Campanaro, Wake Forest
Mike Davis, Texas
Tevin Reese, Baylor

edogg23

Reaction score
Any chance Kasen Williams enters the draft early?

Spounge84

Reaction score
edogg23":2ti67cgk said:
Any chance Kasen Williams enters the draft early?

There's always a chance, but it won't be this year because he's a sophomore.

volshawk

Reaction score
As a UT grad, I wouldn't draft hunter right now. CP is a much more dynamic player than hunter... Tho he is raw, more potential.

msdb5

Reaction score
I believe Woods is a sophomore also, so he would another year at USC.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Having watched every ball thrown to Cody Hoffman for the last 3 years and tracked him since high school I can say this... if we drafted him I'd be absolutely ecstatic. I could care less about round or value, because I think or management gets the guys they want, but not always in the order other teams would pick. So it all works out. I'd be perfectly happy with getting Hoffman in the first. 6-4 220, hands like Largent and deep break away speed. He'll go over the middle like a TE one play, and then blast one over the top for 50 yards and run past everybody like they were standing still.

I also love Tavon Austin. The kid knows how to get open, and he knows how to catch balls. The most impressive thing though is that once he catches the ball he runs like Barry Sanders, and I'm not even talking screen passes. I saw him catch a ball about 25 yards down on a cross across the middle and shake and bake for another 30 or so yards running like Gale Sayers or Barry would. It was amazing to watch. He's smaller, but he isn't afraid of anybody on the field and plays big. I think he's going to be everything Steve Smith has been and then some.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Justin Hunter needs to stay at Tennessee. So does Tyler Bray. I've seen virtually every Vols game this year and he's just not doing it. Injury has knocked him for six, but neither player is consistent. At least Cordarrelle Patterson is inconsistent by nature as a home run hitter type, but the other two need to show much more consistency and production. Hunter only has TD's against Akron and Georgia State.

Brandon Coleman is the best of the bunch for me at Rutgers. Highest upside, elite potential. He's only a RS Soph though so may not declare. Robert Woods is a 'get it in his hands' type. The next best may be Hopkins at Clemson. Keenan Allen just doesn't do anything for me but the offense in Cal doesn't help. If he has a big combine I may re-consider my view on him, but we need to see him flash elite athleticism. On the field he just looks like a big target.

If Coleman doesn't declare and if PC goes against the USC guys again... I'm hoping we take a long hard look at Alec Ogletree. Insane potential at LB.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":12fnhc5w said:
Justin Hunter needs to stay at Tennessee. So does Tyler Bray. I've seen virtually every Vols game this year and he's just not doing it. Injury has knocked him for six, but neither player is consistent. At least Cordarrelle Patterson is inconsistent by nature as a home run hitter type, but the other two need to show much more consistency and production. Hunter only has TD's against Akron and Georgia State.

Brandon Coleman is the best of the bunch for me at Rutgers. Highest upside, elite potential. He's only a RS Soph though so may not declare. Robert Woods is a 'get it in his hands' type. The next best may be Hopkins at Clemson. Keenan Allen just doesn't do anything for me but the offense in Cal doesn't help. If he has a big combine I may re-consider my view on him, but we need to see him flash elite athleticism. On the field he just looks like a big target.

If Coleman doesn't declare and if PC goes against the USC guys again... I'm hoping we take a long hard look at Alec Ogletree. Insane potential at LB.

Thanks English! :179422:

I kinda want Brandon Coleman, but Alec Ogletree really excites me. I feel like if we put even more picks into the defense it could get memorable for the ages elite. Our offense probably just needs time...