SEC football is really good, i admit.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
SEC football is really good, i admit.
Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:20 pm
  • Especially at the top of the conference.

But damn, its boring to watch. Unless you really like punters.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Florida's defense is pretty sick, hell most of these defenses are awesome.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• They're good defensively, but their offenses are also very mediocre. I mean LSU's QB struggled vs North Texas in Baton Rouge. Aaron Murray is bleh, same story with the UF Qb.
    SarG3Hawk
    NET Rookie

• SarG3Hawk wrote:They're good defensively, but their offenses are also very mediocre. I mean LSU's QB struggled vs North Texas in Baton Rouge. Aaron Murray is bleh, same story with the UF Qb.

Umm, South Carolina has the stout defense, but will also put some points on ya if need be.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Excellent write up on SEC bias:

Is the SEC really the best conference in college football "top to bottom," as it's so often described? And if it is, why since the start of the BCS era in 1998 does the conference have overall losing records against the Pac-12 (11-12) and Big East (19-23) and superior but not dominating records against other major conferences? Might the nationwide perception of SEC superiority simply be part of a well-constructed ESPN business plan meant to protect and enhance the network’s $2.25 billion partnership with the SEC?

http://www.thepostgame.com/commentary/2 ... on-sec-bcs
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• taz291819 wrote:
    SarG3Hawk wrote:They're good defensively, but their offenses are also very mediocre. I mean LSU's QB struggled vs North Texas in Baton Rouge. Aaron Murray is bleh, same story with the UF Qb.

Umm, South Carolina has the stout defense, but will also put some points on ya if need be.

Oh, I'm sure they can. Don't get me wrong I think SC is a really good team. I am not convinced Georgia was THAT good though compared to how everyone hyped up the game. Georgia has played no one.

It will be interesting to see how SC does against a LSU team at home after a loss (even though I believe they were overrated a tad and I realize they have some injuries on their defense (line?) )

But I do agree SC probably has one of the better offenses in the SEC. I really like Lattimore and believe your QB is tough as nails, along with some good talent on the outside. We will see if they are legit against LSU and Florida. Aside from that there are not very much "good" offenses in the SEC or "good" QB play.
    SarG3Hawk
    NET Rookie

• JSeahawks wrote:Excellent write up on SEC bias:

Is the SEC really the best conference in college football "top to bottom," as it's so often described? And if it is, why since the start of the BCS era in 1998 does the conference have overall losing records against the Pac-12 (11-12) and Big East (19-23) and superior but not dominating records against other major conferences? Might the nationwide perception of SEC superiority simply be part of a well-constructed ESPN business plan meant to protect and enhance the network’s $2.25 billion partnership with the SEC?

http://www.thepostgame.com/commentary/2 ... on-sec-bcs

An 11-12 record agaisnt the Pac12 over a 13 year period means very little without looking at the matchups in each game.

If the games were teams that were the 3 best (Ore, USC, etc..) from the Pac12 vs the average teams from the SEC (Miss, Tenn, GA) then there is little meaning.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: SEC football is really good, i admit.
Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:21 am
  • Don't other conferences have deals with ESPN (and ABC) too? Seems a little odd to think ESPN would just be hyping the SEC, especially since the marquee SEC game every week is on CBS, not ABC.
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran

Re: SEC football is really good, i admit.
Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:52 am
  • SEC = college NFC west
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• The SEC is amazing. Look at the coaches. Saban, Muschamb, Miles, Richt, Ol' Ball Coach Spurrier, and look at the job Dan Mullen is doing at MSU and what Eric Hyman is doing at A&M. The defenses would crush every Pac-12 team but Oregon and thats it, thats all that matters. We will run all over you and completely shut you down offensively. Go look at the defensive lineman and size of the skill position defenders. Its not even fair.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:41 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information