UTSA 5-0

TravTex

Reaction score
Now, I'm not going to act all Boise State, here... But it's still pretty cool. In their first year of big-boy football, UT San Antonio just stomped NM State to go 5-0 on the season. Haven't really played anyone, yet, but a second-year team playing with 6 seniors and a ton of walk-ons is sitting on top of the WAC.

LSU and USU are probably going to be butt-whoopings. Still, I can see somewhere in the 8-4 range a possibility. That, and I've heard people expressing disappointment about drawing "only" 25k fans. Lot of momentum down here in San Antonio for Coach Coker's shiny new team.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm on board the Roadrunner love train, in honor of the man representing what would happen if I ever gave a shit and did something with my life, Trav.

I had to look up the WAC to see who's even left. Very sad, I loved that conference. But, on the other hand, good for schools like UTSA.

OP
OP
TravTex

TravTex

Reaction score
pehawk":2ywmad82 said:
I'm on board the Roadrunner love train, in honor of the man representing what would happen if I ever gave a shit and did something with my life, Trav.

I had to look up the WAC to see who's even left. Very sad, I loved that conference. But, on the other hand, good for schools like UTSA.

Not for long, actually. Looks like the WAC gig was only a one-year pass. Roadrunners are heading for the Conference USA next year, bowl eligible in 2014.

Tough to keep track of who's going to be in C-USA in 2013...

Let's see, with all the leaving and joining and staying...

Staying:

UAB
ECU
Marshall
Southern Miss
Rice
UTEP
Tulane
Tulsa

Leaving:

SMU
Houston
Memphis
UCF

Joining:

Charlotte
FIU
LA Tech
North Texas
UTSA
Old Dominion

... That pointed out, I used to be an old WAC fan back when I was at UNM. (Years following the Lobos probably had a great deal of influence vis-a-vis my tolerance for teams sucking.)

pehawk

Reaction score
So, UTSA isn't bowl eligible this year?

OP
OP
TravTex

TravTex

Reaction score
Unfortunately, no. Have a couple new team probation style years before being able to get to a bowl game.

Bummer, too -- They're sniffing at 8 wins this year.