How about those Beavers

Bakergirl

Reaction score
3-0 looking good. Really liking Storm Woods too going to be watching him with interest this year. Sean Mannion 150.5 QB rating over 3 games with 6 TD's to one INT, 64.6 comp % for 1088 yards already. They seem to really have something going for them.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
They have looked really good. This after the media picked them to finish last in the pac12. I had them 9th. But right now I think they're probably the 2nd best team in the conference.

OP
OP
Bakergirl

Bakergirl

Reaction score
If they keep this up civil war this year is gonna be off the hook! :mrgreen:

SEC FAN

Reaction score
I like Beavers. This was the only Pac-12 game I was interested in on Saturday. This Mannion kid keeps impressing me, but after watching the Beavers 2 straight weeks I think their defense is just okay.

OP
OP
Bakergirl

Bakergirl

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2log55rs said:
Bakergirl":2log55rs said:
If they keep this up civil war this year is gonna be off the hook! :mrgreen:

If by off the hook you mean the Beavers will l lose by 30. :D

Pish posh. It's at Reser stadium this year. They will win by 20. :mrgreen:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm heading down to Corvalis for this weekends game vs Utah. My dads a big beaver fan, my brother in law is a Utah graduate, adn I of course am a big ducks fan and we're all heading down with my nephew who's also a beaver fan, should be fun. It will be my first Oregon State game.

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks, my friend, you'll see first hand; "no one, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE, goes into Reser Stadium and pushes the Beavers around".

Sorry, I just like saying that, regardless of validity. I said it to a stranger at the movie theater tonight, for no reason, randomly interrupting his movie going expierence.

Try it sometime.

OP
OP
Bakergirl

Bakergirl

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1o4dl0wz said:
I'm heading down to Corvalis for this weekends game vs Utah. My dads a big beaver fan, my brother in law is a Utah graduate, adn I of course am a big ducks fan and we're all heading down with my nephew who's also a beaver fan, should be fun. It will be my first Oregon State game.

I'm jealous. I was hoping to by some miracle snag a ticket to the game, but there are none to be had. Apparently people were camping outside the box office since the win last week. Saturday is my mother's birthday she passed away on the 9th. I'm looking for a good Beaver friendly place to go watch the game and possibly get shit faced. Any recommendations anyone?

OP
OP
Bakergirl

Bakergirl

Reaction score
BigMeach":1ufxc81c said:
I love the Beavers. Oregon's pretty cool to.

The Ducks can die in a fire. No offense. As a former Beaver myself I just have to hate them at all costs. :evil:

Throwdown

Reaction score
Bakergirl":3ncqsz8e said:
BigMeach":3ncqsz8e said:
I love the Beavers. Oregon's pretty cool to.

The Ducks can die in a fire. No offense. As a former Beaver myself I just have to hate them at all costs. :evil:

lol I know us UW fans don't like the ducks, but I don't think we've ever wished death by fire on 'em.

mrblitz

Reaction score
so, on that big hit on the punt return, the returner was apparently henderson, and the tackler was murphy.

the announcer quipped, 'the hendersons will all be there; but so will murphy'

that, 'hendersons will all be there' is a lyric from the beatles' song, 'being for the benefit of mr. kite'.

lol... great, obscure reference there.

OP
OP
Bakergirl

Bakergirl

Reaction score
6-0 Who would have thought it would go this way? Go Beavs! Some magic is happening for Corvallis this year.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'll tell you what, going to that game made me thankful for the 12th man. Most boring gameday atmosphere i've ever been a part of. And Bakergirl, i'm not sure why you couldnt find tickets, cuz there were plenty of empty seats.

OP
OP
Bakergirl

Bakergirl

Reaction score
JSeahawks":26aakfnd said:
I'll tell you what, going to that game made me thankful for the 12th man. Most boring gameday atmosphere i've ever been a part of. And Bakergirl, i'm not sure why you couldnt find tickets, cuz there were plenty of empty seats.

I was actually offered a ticket at the last minute, but I couldn't go. My mom passed away on the 9th and the 20th was her birthday. Family got together for an absentee birthday party for her I could not miss. I would have loved to go to the game , but it wasn't in the cards.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Bakergirl":3i59v8ld said:
JSeahawks":3i59v8ld said:

I was actually offered a ticket at the last minute, but I couldn't go. My mom passed away on the 9th and the 20th was her birthday. Family got together for an absentee birthday party for her I could not miss. I would have loved to go to the game , but it wasn't in the cards.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Thats something i'm definatly not looking forward to as I grow older and watch my parents age.

OP
OP
Bakergirl

Bakergirl

Reaction score
JSeahawks":llaqdu8r said:
Bakergirl":llaqdu8r said:
JSeahawks":llaqdu8r said:

Sorry to hear about your mom. Thats something i'm definatly not looking forward to as I grow older and watch my parents age.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm not going to try and sugar coat it, losing a parent is about the worst experience/feeling in the world especially when it's your mother. What made it worse for me is my mom was only 64. I felt like she still had so much life ahead of her, but lack of health insurance and health care took it's toll over the years. Anyway I don't want to turn this thread into my personal pity party so I'll leave off there.

Looking forward to the Beavs meeting the Huskies next week. I'll be cheering them on to victory! :happydrunks: