Edge Prospect Darrell Taylor

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's very athletic, although he didn't compete in the combine after having leg surgery in January. Apparently he's feast or famine, but could be a value pick in the 3rd or 4th?

Here's a good breakdown:

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/02/2020- ... ll-taylor/

And this from a reddit thread:

Darrell Taylor is an edge rusher out of the University of Tennessee.

Jonah Tuls, Draft Network Columnist, had this to say about Taylor: " Of all the pass rushers in this draft outside of Young, Taylor has the most tantalizing traits and highest ceiling". He stands 6'4 and weighs 260lbs.

Jim Nagy, Executive Director of the Senior Bowl, called him a "Physical Specimen".

In the spring of last season, Taylor ran a 4.5sec 40 time. This guy has exceptional speed and power at his position. Throughout his time at Tennessee he recorded 17 sacks during his junior and senior season.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/comm ... k_in_2020/

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Wow! Yet another very interesting find Ivo. We have what... 9 or 10 picks to work with? Looking like there are some real possibilities for all of them. Even of we trade some picks for something proven at PON we are going to have a pretty big class of guys who should be able to develop into solid depth.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tuls' Takes: Darrell Taylor Has Superstar Upside As Pass Rusher

The 2020 NFL Draft is set to feature one of the deepest defensive line classes the league has seen in the last decade.
Specifically, the amount of talented pass rushers in this year’s crop immediately stands out. It is headlined by Ohio State’s Chase Young, but even after him, there are a ton of high-upside edge defenders that could also be drafted in the top 50.

One of those players is Tennessee’s Darrell Taylor, a 6-foot-4, 260-pound senior who racked up 17 sacks over the last two seasons. Of all the pass rushers in this draft outside of Young, Taylor has the most tantalizing traits and highest ceiling.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/te ... -nfl-draft

titan3131

Reaction score
after looking at every edge prospect, I think This guy is our Frank Clark 2.0

Dropping for injuries but has 1st round caliber athleticism.

https://vimeo.com/showcase/6918769

Check these clips out very good.

"NFL Draft EDGE prospects QB Pressures in 2019

Bradlee Anae: 39
Terrell Lewis: 35
Alton Robinson: 35
Darrell Taylor: 34
Khalid Kareem: 33
Jonathan Greenard: 33
Chase Young: 31
Curtis Weaver: 31
AJ Epenesa: 31
Zach Baun: 28
Josh Uche: 25
Yetur Gross-Matos: 22
K'Lavon Chaisson: 21"

And that was playing injured... I love him in the late 2nd.

More

Stats
Games Played: 38

Tackles: 118
Tackles For a loss: 26.5
Sacks: 19.5
Forced Fumbles: 6
Passes Defensed: 7

2019 Stats
Games Played: 13

Tackles: 46
Tackles For a loss: 10.0
Sacks: 8.5
Forced Fumbles: 1
Passes Defensed: 4

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, this comes after an unprovoked attack on me by acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
ON the Draft Simulator I use (Fanspeak,On The Clock), DT is often available from middle 3rd to late 4th rounds. I usually trade 27 and....often get low teen 2nd and 3rd round, that we could snag Taylor. I target ( C/G ) Cushingberry, DT, Galimore , ( S ) Chin and ( OT ) Taga Wanogho

sc85sis

Reaction score
Excellent job of scouting.

The Hawks had him for a visit before the COVID shut down and had their docs check him out, so that's a good indicator that they feel the stress fracture in his leg won't be a problem.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I know that the draft is a craps shoot, and almost every GM out there has a mixed record. John Schneider has a better track record than most, and I actually like the way he and Pete seem to look for special and unique talent that fit certain things that they like.

This draft was interesting. I was initially surprised that they took a LB, but they certainly seem to have gotten a very intriguing prospect with a really good body of work at the Collegiate level. So that's cool.

Then I was reading that John Schneider said that the Hawks would have been happy with Darrell Taylor at the spot that they chose Jordyn Brooks. I thought, wow, I have to check this guy out. So I pulled up one of his game films, a game against Georgia. I thought this would be a good one to look at because Georgia is a pretty good team, but it's not LSU or Alabama, so let's see how he does against one of the better SEC teams. Here is the link to what I watched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgR2NRsnDh8

Now, I know this is one game. And I also know that what a guy does in College is dependent on a lot of things, scheme for instance. But I gotta say that this game film is very underwhelming. He has a couple of good plays, including a couple of pressures.

In general the Georgia tackle, Isaiah Wilson (who is a promising redshirt Soph and made All-SEC 2nd Team) handled him well. What is really bothersome to me, though, is how easily he seemed to be handled by Charlie Woerner (#89 and drafted by the Niners in the 6th round :( ). So, again, you never know. It sounds like a lot of scouts were really impressed with the guy's combine workout and his physical traits. What I saw on film did not instill a lot of confidence.

I guess we'll see.

titan3131

Reaction score
xgeoff":2ru6uln4 said:
I know that the draft is a craps shoot, and almost every GM out there has a mixed record. John Schneider has a better track record than most, and I actually like the way he and Pete seem to look for special and unique talent that fit certain things that they like.

This draft was interesting. I was initially surprised that they took a LB, but they certainly seem to have gotten a very intriguing prospect with a really good body of work at the Collegiate level. So that's cool.

Then I was reading that John Schneider said that the Hawks would have been happy with Darrell Taylor at the spot that they chose Jordyn Brooks. I thought, wow, I have to check this guy out. So I pulled up one of his game films, a game against Georgia. I thought this would be a good one to look at because Georgia is a pretty good team, but it's not LSU or Alabama, so let's see how he does against one of the better SEC teams. Here is the link to what I watched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgR2NRsnDh8

Now, I know this is one game. And I also know that what a guy does in College is dependent on a lot of things, scheme for instance. But I gotta say that this game film is very underwhelming. He has a couple of good plays, including a couple of pressures.

In general the Georgia tackle, Isaiah Wilson (who is a promising redshirt Soph and made All-SEC 2nd Team) handled him well. What is really bothersome to me, though, is how easily he seemed to be handled by Charlie Woerner (#89 and drafted by the Niners in the 6th round :( ). So, again, you never know. It sounds like a lot of scouts were really impressed with the guy's combine workout and his physical traits. What I saw on film did not instill a lot of confidence.

I guess we'll see.

The thing about the combine is that his testing would have skyrocketed him into the 1st round. He had no testing and no senior bowl due to the injury that he played all year through.

Also his team was TRASH.
He is the 1st player drafted from that Defense recently.