Cody Barton.....Utah

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Cody Barton.....Utah
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:55 pm
  • This is the worst pick ever. I tried to homer it up. These guys are incompetent. Good thing we have RW and will win despite the bad drafting.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3640
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm
    Location: Ich tu dir weh


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:58 pm
  • Atradees wrote:This is the worst pick ever. I tried to homer it up. These guys are incompetent. Good thing we have RW and will win despite the bad drafting.


    THE SKY IS FALLING! WHY EVEN TRY Z0MFG THIS TEAM 1S ALL TERRIBLE LUSERS!1!!
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5494
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:04 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Atradees wrote:This is the worst pick ever. I tried to homer it up. These guys are incompetent. Good thing we have RW and will win despite the bad drafting.


    THE SKY IS FALLING! WHY EVEN TRY Z0MFG THIS TEAM 1S ALL TERRIBLE LUSERS!1!!


    No, this pick actually sucks.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3640
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm
    Location: Ich tu dir weh


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:06 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Atradees wrote:This is the worst pick ever. I tried to homer it up. These guys are incompetent. Good thing we have RW and will win despite the bad drafting.


    THE SKY IS FALLING! WHY EVEN TRY Z0MFG THIS TEAM 1S ALL TERRIBLE LUSERS!1!!


    Clever :roll:
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5270
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:08 pm
  • Atradees wrote:This is the worst pick ever. I tried to homer it up. These guys are incompetent. Good thing we have RW and will win despite the bad drafting.


    It is absolutely not the worst pick ever. Cody isn't a bad prospect and has most of what you look for. Spot duty and some time to develop will be good for him, he has the intangibles and most of the measurables. Best case: A worthy replacement to KJ Wright at a cheaper cost.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2820
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:39 pm
  • He is the best underrated free agent we have selected in the third round.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3640
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm
    Location: Ich tu dir weh


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:51 pm
  • Who knew Bobbie Wagner was when he was drafted?
    SPOHAWK
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1383
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:47 pm


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:35 pm
  • SPOHAWK wrote:Who knew Bobbie Wagner was when he was drafted?


    Anyone that knew anything about the draft. He was not an unknown at all.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2274
    Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:38 pm


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:03 pm
  • I get the not having complete blind faith in every pick, it's a crapshoot. But some of you guys sound winier than my 3 year old daughter (and that's saying something). Man up and enjoy the ride. Act like we just lock up the franchise's best QB for 4 more years.
    dutchcoug
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 553
    Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:19 am


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:08 am
  • Attyla the Hawk wrote:
    SPOHAWK wrote:Who knew Bobbie Wagner was when he was drafted?


    Anyone that knew anything about the draft. He was not an unknown at all.


    Oh I definitely heard the common refrain of "We could have had him in the 3rd or 4th round" when we picked Bobby.
    Every armchair draftnik thinks they can get these picks for greater value at a later point in the draft.

    The reason the Seahawks picks look so odd is that they are very secretive about releasing info on who they like much like the Patriots. Other GM's give info away to the media so when they draft a guy in a certain round everyone expects it. Seahawks play things close to the vest. We have lots of guys starting on a perennial playoff contender that no one felt was worth drafting where the Seahawks took them.

    Teams like the Browns take the guys every media guy says they should take and lose every year. There are lessons to be learned and the biggest one is: You know nothing, Mr armchair draft guy.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1015
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:12 am


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Wed May 01, 2019 3:48 pm
  • Wagner was literally THE player I wanted out of that entire draft amd that is the absolute truth.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4961
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 11:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Wed May 01, 2019 6:06 pm
  • So what do you guys like or dislike about him?
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1863
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Wed May 01, 2019 9:04 pm
  • He'll be a better pro than Aaron Curry. This guy has it where it counts.
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6020
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Thu May 02, 2019 3:13 pm
  • Vent my brother. But you're wrong. This guy will surprise you.

    A word of advice, never use the refrain "They could have gotten them in a later round." Because there is no way on God's green earth that you could know that.

    You can't know who the other 31 teams valued, or at what position. If you did, you would have predicted the Giants picking Dan Jones 6th overall.

    The other reason that argument fails, if we would have taken DK Metcalf at #21, almost everybody would have said it was a great pick! But the truth is, we could have, and did get him in a later round. '

    I trust in John Schneider, and his evaluation of LBs based on BWagz, KJ, and Malcom Smith. Pete Carroll knows something about Linebackers too.

    Last year JS said another team called that was going to take Rashaad Penny right after Seattle picked him, and I believe him. He has no reason to lie. In fact, he has every reason to be truthful in his position. He can't operate without integrity in that job. It's the reason he is able to make so many trades.

    I wouldn't be surprised at all if several teams had Cody Barton rated in the 2nd round.

    John Schneider's draft prowess is a telling thing, when ESPN quit panning his picks this year. "Seattle selects LJ Collier" ESPN: "He's a talented pass rusher with a great Bull Rush."
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 18928
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Wed May 22, 2019 7:44 am
  • Hasn't played a down in the NFL and it's a bad pick. Ok then...….
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12760
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Wed May 22, 2019 9:45 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:Wagner was literally THE player I wanted out of that entire draft amd that is the absolute truth.


    I was pining for Mychal Kendricks in that draft. But I knew Wagner was going to be good. Glad it turned out the way it did. Glad we have both now.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2274
    Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:38 pm


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Wed May 22, 2019 9:50 am
  • No doubt, if he does play this year we have one hell of a LB crew. Loved watching him play, just has a very good instinct for the ball out there. Fits right in the Bobby and KJ imo.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12760
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:13 pm
  • Atradees wrote:This is the worst pick ever. I tried to homer it up. These guys are incompetent. Good thing we have RW and will win despite the bad drafting.

    Hope you're feeling a little better about this pick now. He's been impressive through camp and had a nice first preseason game. He still has to prove worthy of a third round pick, and has a long way to go, but it seems he's justified his draft position thus far.

    Not gonna bust your balls. Everyone on this board has overreacted to a front office decision at least once.
    Thunderhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 668
    Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:44 pm


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:37 am
  • Thunderhawk wrote:
    Atradees wrote:This is the worst pick ever. I tried to homer it up. These guys are incompetent. Good thing we have RW and will win despite the bad drafting.

    Hope you're feeling a little better about this pick now. He's been impressive through camp and had a nice first preseason game. He still has to prove worthy of a third round pick, and has a long way to go, but it seems he's justified his draft position thus far.

    Not gonna bust your balls. Everyone on this board has overreacted to a front office decision at least once.


    I'm glad he looks better than I hoped.

    My estimation of this pick however is still not entirely based on how he performs. But how the alternative players available around him performs. At the time, I would have preferred some other candidates (Will Grier, Anthony Nelson being the two most notable for me). Namely because of the lack of quality we currently have at both the backup QB and starting DE on the roster. Grier has been magoo in his first outing (expected). Nelson hasn't played yet to injury.

    Barton needs to be a successor type prospect at the point we took him. Thus far, the results are encouraging. Seattle definitely needed to add youth to the LB corps, and to add competition for Griffin. We've done that, and Barton looks like he'll fairly easily rise above the mere competition level and supplant Griffin on the depth chart.

    He has the look of an NFL starter. Plays aggressively and smartly -- making quality plays in the opponents backfield. Even if he doesn't start out of the gate due to quality ahead of him. Seattle looks legitimately to be 4 deep at the position now which is a good place to be.

    Clearly not the worst pick ever. And I was not a fan in the least of the pick when we made it. I'm more than satisfied with what I've seen.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2274
    Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:38 pm


Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:28 pm

Re: Cody Barton.....Utah
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:08 pm
  • Attyla the Hawk wrote:
    SPOHAWK wrote:Who knew Bobbie Wagner was when he was drafted?


    Anyone that knew anything about the draft. He was not an unknown at all.


    You may be new here but I was on this site when we drafted Wagner the Hawks has traded down and Kendrick’s aaa picked right before Bobby. The team was accused of “getting cute “ and reaching. I would say it has worked out. No?
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2378
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:00 pm




It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: ryank24 and 14 guests