At pick 37 the Seattle Seahawks select?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Getting really hard to watch this crapfest. Lets draft 15 scrubs instead of a handful of good players
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• You two are mad about them moving down 10 spots and picking up another 3rd?
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

• Greenhell wrote:Ridiculous!!! They really saw no value here and trade again????

Is that really your only interpretation of their move? Come on, you're smarter than this.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• WmHBonney wrote:Getting really hard to watch this crapfest. Lets draft 15 scrubs instead of a handful of good players

Then, stop watching?
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

• TransGenderHawkFan wrote:You two are mad about them moving down 10 spots and picking up another 3rd?

Agreed. The value of what they're after will probably still be there in 10 picks the way the draft is falling now.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Well I guess when we look back in a year or two and all these guys we coulda got are good or bad will tell the story...compared to what they finally decide to draft.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Seattle fans will have to wait till the 7th round to find out we we got.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• I was looking at the Seahawks draft page on espn and they moved back 10 spots to the 15th pic, just trying to determine what extra pic(s) they got.
    niveky
    NET Veteran

• did they already have 2 3rd round picks? it shows they have 2 3rd, 4 4ths and 2 5ths on top of the 15th pick in this round.
    niveky
    NET Veteran

• Ad Hawk wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:Ridiculous!!! They really saw no value here and trade again????

Is that really your only interpretation of their move? Come on, you're smarter than this.

ESPN doesn't even say or give details of the trade so it's hard to follow when left in the dark.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• This smart.

Getting 3 picks now in day 2. It's a steep drop but 77 overall should still net a good player. Seattle is targetting a couple of positions and will go whichever doesn't get a sustained run here. My guess is, it'll be Safety.

WR/DT/DE still has a lot of names. No reason to burn a pick on Winovich here when you can come away with maybe a Safety and a guy like Anthony Nelson at 77. With a lot of R4 picks, we need to allow the draft to come to us a bit.

niveky wrote:did they already have 2 3rd round picks? it shows they have 2 3rd, 4 4ths and 2 5ths on top of the 15th pick in this round.

Nope. We swapped 3rds with KC. We gave them 84 and received 92 in the Clark trade.
    Last edited by Attyla the Hawk on Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• WmHBonney wrote:Getting really hard to watch this crapfest. Lets draft 15 scrubs instead of a handful of good players

We have no way of knowing what draft value the top 100 players have and whether there is a steep cliff at some point since none of us have the means to scout players like pro teams do.

It could be that pick 37 and 47 will be very close in likelihood of making the NFL and if that's the case, getting a 3rd rounder for that drop is great value. Any time you can add a pick in the first 3 rounds I'm generally for it. Picking up a ton of 4-7th rounders I'm less enamored with since Chancellors and Wrights and Shermans are not common finds. More likely to find decent special teamers and that is it. That being said, every team needs to stock up on cheap scrubs for special teams. It's the only way to afford big contracts for your stars.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• Greenhell wrote:
    Ad Hawk wrote:

ESPN doesn't even say or give details of the trade so it's hard to follow when left in the dark.

Follow NFL.com draft tracker and it will show you team's remaining picks and where they came from in trade. :2thumbs:
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Ad Hawk wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:
    Ad Hawk wrote:

Follow NFL.com draft tracker and it will show you team's remaining picks and where they came from in trade. :2thumbs:

:2thumbs:
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• An extra 3rd is nothing to sneeze at for 10 spots in the 2nd round.

That is a good trade. They have the ammo to go after any player they want in the 2nd or 3rd now if they really want to.
    HawkFan72
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I don't like the amount of trading down, but in general this was a high value pick. 3rd round 77th to move down 10 spots in 2nd round is good

You know unless they needed an OT or CB that went right after...….
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• 3 OT, 2 CB and 1 CB gone so far

If we wanted a pass-rusher / WR then we haven't missed out so far..... I do think CB one of our options though
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Passed on a lot of OTs in this draft... wonder if that means Ifedi’s 5th-year option will get picked up
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

• HawkFan72 wrote:An extra 3rd is nothing to sneeze at for 10 spots in the 2nd round.

That is a good trade. They have the ammo to go after any player they want in the 2nd or 3rd now if they really want to.

Probably the first trade I know of where they won the value chart.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:An extra 3rd is nothing to sneeze at for 10 spots in the 2nd round.

Probably the first trade I know of where they won the value chart.

Did you see the post on the new chart? Worth a look
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• James in PA wrote:DK Metcalf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yea, baby! Got the player & round right! He just slid a lot further than most thought. Great pick, John & Pete!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

At pick 37 the Seattle Seahawks select?
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:47 pm
  • Edit: Dang double posts!
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]