2019 NFL Draft Thread

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:37 pm
  • Rat wrote:Well, we have about a hundred picks now. Maybe we'll trade back up for Parris.


    I'd hate it so much, but he would add a new wrinkle. It'd be up to Schottenheimer to utilize him correctly.

    He was a private visit, so Schotty might be banging the table behind the scenes for him.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2814
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:04 pm
  • Looks like there is a run on WRs. Wonder if we will pick one with our remaining picks.?
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1772
    Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:57 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:06 pm
  • Smellyman wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Don't know if he plays safety, may be our nickel or slot guy to replace Coleman.


    No, he is a heat seeking missile at safety


    May play FS but screams slot or Nickel. To slight to play SS in our system and the NFL.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 27795
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:12 pm
  • Damn Campbell gone, Colts got another TY Hilton.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 27795
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:18 pm
  • JayhawkMike wrote:All the waiting for the 103 rated player with the 47th pick. Surely could have waited a round. They think they are smarter than everyone else and haven’t been for a few years.


    I have to agree with you, our draft history holds little success over the last several years with their groundhog day trade downs. Search Seahawks draft history by year if you don't believe it, Kam & Sherman in the 5th were a long time ago.
    Pete & John are like two guys along the highway picking up aluminum cans but keeping their eyes out for gold, the fuller the garbage bag the more they think CHA-CHING! If they don't hit on 4-5 picks (or 3 bigtime) this draft, then I would think it would be fair to say that their draft methods should come into question & be considered more of a detriment than success.
    I'll give JS & PC a pass for drafts that were not deep in overall talent, but 2019 is not one of them. There are a lot of players starting in this league that we traded away from and there are a slew of players that they acquired from trading down that are no longer in the league. Sorry for the rant but we can't improve if PC & JS do not produce.
    Seahawker76
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 102
    Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:09 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:22 pm
  • Damn, Chargers have the safety duo of Derwin James - Nassir Adderley for the upcoming future.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5261
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:23 pm
  • Taylor Rapp now with our rivals the Rams!
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1009
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:25 pm
  • Looks like Arizona found a trade partner with the Dolphins for Josh Rosen. I was kind of hoping they couldn't ship him for the locker room drama :rumble:
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1772
    Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:57 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:27 pm
  • Seahawker76 wrote:
    JayhawkMike wrote:All the waiting for the 103 rated player with the 47th pick. Surely could have waited a round. They think they are smarter than everyone else and haven’t been for a few years.


    I have to agree with you, our draft history holds little success over the last several years with their groundhog day trade downs. Search Seahawks draft history by year if you don't believe it, Kam & Sherman in the 5th were a long time ago.
    Pete & John are like two guys along the highway picking up aluminum cans but keeping their eyes out for gold, the fuller the garbage bag the more they think CHA-CHING! If they don't hit on 4-5 picks (or 3 bigtime) this draft, then I would think it would be fair to say that their draft methods should come into question & be considered more of a detriment than success.
    I'll give JS & PC a pass for drafts that were not deep in overall talent, but 2019 is not one of them. There are a lot of players starting in this league that we traded away from and there are a slew of players that they acquired from trading down that are no longer in the league. Sorry for the rant but we can't improve if PC & JS do not produce.


    Theyve also acquired a great deal of starters and consistent talent.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 15520
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:28 pm
  • Holy smokes we traded up. Wrong way JS! Wrong way!
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1772
    Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:57 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:29 pm
  • THERE'S THE TRADE UP! LET'S SEE IT!

    I had a feeling. When I saw the Patriots trade pick message, for some reason I just knew. It makes too much sense.

    Justin Layne and Chauncey Gardner-Johnson are on the board - both were private visits.
    Last edited by Maelstrom787 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2814
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:30 pm
  • Looks like We get: Pick 64 (R2), they get: 77 (R3), 118 (R4)
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1772
    Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:57 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:32 pm
  • Now we can get excited
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3400
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:22 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:32 pm
  • The slide of DK Metcalf ends!
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5261
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:32 pm
  • DK Metcalf
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 7020
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:33 pm
  • DK Metcalf
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 7020
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:34 pm
  • Physical specimen...really hoping he works out!
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 6840
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:34 pm
  • I hated the prospect of taking Metcalf, but at pick 64? I can get over it. Let's hope he unlocks some of that potential.

    Wow.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2814
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:35 pm
  • We gave up a third and a fourth for Metcalf. We still have another third and three fourth round picks.

    We had five picks coming into yesterday. Five. John is doing exactly what he needs to do.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 7020
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:38 pm
  • We gave up a third and a fourth for Metcalf. We still have another third and three fourth round picks.

    We had five picks coming into yesterday. Five. John is doing exactly what he needs to do.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 7020
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:56 pm
  • Rams got a better RB at 70 than we did last year at 27.

    Insane duo of Gurley and Henderson.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5261
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:02 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:Apparently he’s a big hitter despite not being a big guy. Plays with intensity.


    According to friend of mine who played at Utah, Blair is a solid safety and hard hitter. FWIW
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
     
    Posts: 7648
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Skagit County, WA


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:09 pm
  • Were is the DK Metcalf fans? I woulda thought they would be knuckle dragging everywhere?
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3640
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm
    Location: Ich tu dir weh


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:19 pm
  • Count me in on D.K Metcalf. Guy runs routes that fit Russ like a glove! Match made in heaven imo. I love this pick for us! To get him at the end of the second is a steal for someone with his abilities.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1777
    Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 8:21 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:24 pm
  • Atradees wrote:Were is the DK Metcalf fans? I woulda thought they would be knuckle dragging everywhere?


    main forum
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 15520
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:32 pm

Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:35 pm
  • Let draft Chauncey Gardner-Johnson if he's still there at our pick.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3400
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:22 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:44 pm
  • Seattle just traded up to pick #88.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2814
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:46 pm
  • whose it going to be?

    Cody Barton
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 15520
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:47 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:whose it going to be?


    Didn't expect that one, Cody Barton
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2814
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:51 pm
  • I HATE to say this but man, the damn Patriots are killing this draft.
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1685
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:11 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:52 pm
  • Looks like we got: 88 (R3), 209 (R6) and they got: 92 (R3), 159 (R5)
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1772
    Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:57 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:52 pm
  • Traded next pick?
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3007
    Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:32 pm
    Location: East Oly


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:07 pm
  • Cody Barton?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4293
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:50 am


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:37 am
  • I like our day three picks so far!
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1777
    Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 8:21 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:52 am
  • I like what I’m seeing also. JS is working the heck out of this draft!
    BubbaGump
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 211
    Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:53 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:58 am
  • I'd like to come out of this draft with Alec Ingold.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5818
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:58 am
  • UW linebacker burr-kirven. How good is this guy UW fans?
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3007
    Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:32 pm
    Location: East Oly


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:05 am
  • PC and JS must have subscribed to the Pac 12 network this year
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1772
    Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:57 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:54 am
  • I'm talking myself big time into Trace McSorley (Penn State QB) with one of these sixth rounders. I think he could really develop into the ideal backup for Russ.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5261
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:23 pm
  • Tell me when to freak out that we don't have anyone to play DL...
    Own The West
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 265
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:20 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:24 pm
  • minormillikin wrote:UW linebacker burr-kirven. How good is this guy UW fans?


    Led all of college football FBS in tackles
    2018 First-team All-American
    2018 First-team All-Pac-12
    2018 Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year

    IMO, very good.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3151
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:51 pm
  • Own The West wrote:Tell me when to freak out that we don't have anyone to play DL...


    Not at all. Frank Clark is a hell of a dude to replace, and they're filling out the line with LJ Collier to provide a different kind of pressure. Two 6th rounders to go, plus free agents still out there. Not a panic situation, yet.

    On an unrelated note, Gardner Minshew was my pick for backup. Disappointed he went to Jacksonville, but ah well.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2814
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:57 pm
  • Armon Watts is still available, he looks like a Seahawks DT.
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2008
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 am


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:26 pm
  • Kelvin Harmon is still available... sheesh. Emanuel Hall too. I wouldn't even care - bring in another receiver. Preferably Harmon.

    Myles Gaskin still on the board, as well. Need a depth RB, Myles would be an appropriate choice at this point.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2814
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:42 pm
  • minormillikin wrote:UW linebacker burr-kirven. How good is this guy UW fans?

    USC fan here. BBK is A FOOTBALL PLAYER, much respect.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 235
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:01 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:I HATE to say this but man, the damn Patriots are killing this draft.


    Yep, and they got my pick, N'Keal Harry, right after we passed on him. He is the perfect possession receiver in the Pat's scheme. A scheme that marches down the field making first down after first down.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1717
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:03 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote:I HATE to say this but man, the damn Patriots are killing this draft.


    Yep, and they got my pick, N'Keal Harry, right after we passed on him. He is the perfect possession receiver in the Pat's scheme. A scheme that marches down the field making first down after first down.

    Which is not really our scheme. :twisted:
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16639
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:10 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seahawker76 wrote:
    JayhawkMike wrote:All the waiting for the 103 rated player with the 47th pick. Surely could have waited a round. They think they are smarter than everyone else and haven’t been for a few years.


    I have to agree with you, our draft history holds little success over the last several years with their groundhog day trade downs. Search Seahawks draft history by year if you don't believe it, Kam & Sherman in the 5th were a long time ago.
    Pete & John are like two guys along the highway picking up aluminum cans but keeping their eyes out for gold, the fuller the garbage bag the more they think CHA-CHING! If they don't hit on 4-5 picks (or 3 bigtime) this draft, then I would think it would be fair to say that their draft methods should come into question & be considered more of a detriment than success.
    I'll give JS & PC a pass for drafts that were not deep in overall talent, but 2019 is not one of them. There are a lot of players starting in this league that we traded away from and there are a slew of players that they acquired from trading down that are no longer in the league. Sorry for the rant but we can't improve if PC & JS do not produce.


    Theyve also acquired a great deal of starters and consistent talent.


    Very pedestrian starters. We have went from a team that was consistently a #1 defense or close to #1 to the 16th rated defense, same with the offense where we were consistently in the top-10 to now #18. The last few years of the draft has brought a lot of mediocrity.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1717
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:36 pm
  • Most teams draft pedestrian starters... because there are only a handful of exceptional ones.

    If seahawk fans keep comparing every draft to one amazing one they are not only naive but irrational.

    Sure, there havent been many all stars of late. But thats also hard when the team has been drafting consistently late in rounds every year.

    At that point, its a calculated guess... theyve found serviceable contributors. Hasn't been great, not terrible. But its constantly finding good players (why he is a top 5 /10 GM in some rankings).
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 15520
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests