Linebacker draft prospects

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Linebacker draft prospects
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:13 am
  • 34 inch arms on this kid running 4.5 at 239. Plays violent like Kam, but is heavier. The length and skillset as an ILB should put him on the WLB radar for the hawks.

Last edited by vin.couve12 on Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Re: Bobby Okeedokee
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:33 am
  • Good find... I wonder how his agility is
    Seahawkwalt1967
    NET Rookie

Re: Bobby Okeedokee
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:14 am

Re: Linebacker draft prospects
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:43 am
  • 33 inch long arms on this kid. 4.65 40, but plays faster and possibly crazy, which can be good.

vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:56 am
  • More recognizable name now. Kid has almost 32.5 arms. 4.69 40. Roughly the same size as Luke Keuchly at 6'2 238, but with longer arms and not quite as fast, but also tougher in college, IMO. Can't find a recent vid though.

vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:03 pm
  • Now the inevitable...we have lots of short armed LBs in this draft. This one's aren't quite as short and it a good athlete, valls to the wall tough guy, and tackle machine. May not ever be a full time player, bu5 core STer is a minimum for this kid.

vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Re: WLB draft prospects
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:05 pm
  • Again, WLB prospects in this draft are mostly part t-rex, even if they are really good athletes. Many, many short armed kids up in here, but if you find em, post em.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:20 pm
  • Burr-Kirven has 31.88 inch arms. For reference, Keuchly has 31.0 inch arms. Burr-Kirven probably has a game closest to Keuchly, albeit shorter in height. I never really cared for Keuchly as a head up toe to toe backer for the middle and thought he would have been better being able to roam more free as a WLB, but that's what we're talking about for Burr-Kirven, or at least I am.

Point is, one is 6'2 238 with 31 inch arms and one is 6' 230 with 31.88 inch arms. Both lead CFB in tackles.

Yes, you read that right, Keuchly is the name that he is despite being underweight with t-rex arms. It's not a death sentence apparently, so it should remain considered for Burr-Kirven. Especially since Burr-Kirven beat his 40 at 4.56 and his 3 cone time at 6.82.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:31 pm
  • Best athlete of the 4 I listed is Burr-Kirven by SPARQ and what not, but I have a feeling that the Hawks will be really interested in the measurbles of Okereke even though Burr-Kirven is the heady type that cab play right away. Will depend on their draft slot, I would imagine.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:46 pm

Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:21 pm
  • Hawks ha e been linked to this kid. Like his attitude...

vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:09 pm
  • vin.couve12 wrote:More recognizable name now. Kid has almost 32.5 arms. 4.69 40. Roughly the same size as Luke Keuchly at 6'2 238, but with longer arms and not quite as fast, but also tougher in college, IMO. Can't find a recent vid though.

Cam isn’t all that fast. He has injury history. But he’s a very smart and instinctive player. I suspect if he gets drafted it will be in the later rounds because of the first two points.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:57 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:More recognizable name now. Kid has almost 32.5 arms. 4.69 40. Roughly the same size as Luke Keuchly at 6'2 238, but with longer arms and not quite as fast, but also tougher in college, IMO. Can't find a recent vid though.

Cam isn’t all that fast. He has injury history. But he’s a very smart and instinctive player. I suspect if he gets drafted it will be in the later rounds because of the first two points.

Definitely later rounds if at all. However, he tests out as a better athlete than KJ, for instance, so it's not a death sentence.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:25 pm
  • Nothing more overrated in FB than arm length.

Watch them play
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:53 am
  • No way. It changes the mode of attack for a LB, particularly when facing an OL in your gap. Some longer armed and more powerful LBs like Wagner are able to stay gap sound because they can tangle with said OL. Others' games are very different. Keuchly, for instance, cannot. He is a go around LB and has to be protected or beat angles, where the latter often takes them out of their gap.

There is a ratio though. Having both short arms and lacking power at the POA dictates modality. However, having shorter arms while also being quite powerful at the POA mitigates that somewhat and vice versa (OL hold basically every play), but the point is that you set paramaters AND look at the tape. You don't set out to "settle" in any one area.

If you want to anty up on a LB you like though then all the better for the thread.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:48 pm
  • My feeling is that with the Kendriks and KJ signings were looking at next year for LB
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:09 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:My feeling is that with the Kendriks and KJ signings were looking at next year for LB

Welcome back! :2thumbs:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:01 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:My feeling is that with the Kendriks and KJ signings were looking at next year for LB

Could very well be right. I think we have 9 LBs right now, assuming Kendricks can play, but that as well as cuts/signings can change things. UDFA stuff definitely will.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:05 pm
  • vin.couve12 wrote:No way. It changes the mode of attack for a LB, particularly when facing an OL in your gap. Some longer armed and more powerful LBs like Wagner are able to stay gap sound because they can tangle with said OL. Others' games are very different. Keuchly, for instance, cannot. He is a go around LB and has to be protected or beat angles, where the latter often takes them out of their gap.

There is a ratio though. Having both short arms and lacking power at the POA dictates modality. However, having shorter arms while also being quite powerful at the POA mitigates that somewhat and vice versa (OL hold basically every play), but the point is that you set paramaters AND look at the tape. You don't set out to "settle" in any one area.

If you want to anty up on a LB you like though then all the better for the thread.

especially when facing scrub Olineman like Joe Thomas and his trex arms
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:36 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:Best athlete of the 4 I listed is Burr-Kirven by SPARQ and what not, but I have a feeling that the Hawks will be really interested in the measurbles of Okereke even though Burr-Kirven is the heady type that cab play right away. Will depend on their draft slot, I would imagine.

Can we have both?
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:05 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Best athlete of the 4 I listed is Burr-Kirven by SPARQ and what not, but I have a feeling that the Hawks will be really interested in the measurbles of Okereke even though Burr-Kirven is the heady type that cab play right away. Will depend on their draft slot, I would imagine.

Can we have both?

I didn't anticipate them signing either KJ or Kendricks. Figured KJ would get a better contract elsewhere and Kendricks would be unavailable so I wouldn't be surprised if it's neither.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:24 pm
  • Still took a couple of backers and at least I got one of them.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:15 pm
  • vin.couve12 wrote:Still took a couple of backers and at least I got one of them.

You nailed it. They got two great SPARQ leaders. I'm a bit surprised but it makes some sense. These guys might become studs. They will immediately impact STs and I'm thinking having them on the field against the Ram offense could be game changing. Leave Wags in the middle and have these two line up in zones or on TE. They killed us in the middle with their passes last year.

The Hawks IMO are one pass rusher away from being a serious defense once again.
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information