Hey, Huskies...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":22uzcmr8 said:
...you better kick some Duck ass this weekend. The Cougs will gladly follow your lead if you do.
Sounds like a plan! 8)

I see this game being a battle.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Met a 1963 grad of WSU in Az at Hooters near my motel. He went there just to watch the game and cheer them on. Was great meeting someone that into WSU Sports.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":28xn4055 said:
Met a 1963 grad of WSU in Az at Hooters near my motel. He went there just to watch the game and cheer them on. Was great meeting someone that into WSU Sports.

Yeah sounds like a Coug and the sports thing Hooters and Beer. :p

D

DomeHawk

Maulbert":1bbwludu said:
...you better kick some Duck ass this weekend. The Cougs will gladly follow your lead if you do.

It would be nice to see another Washington state sweep of the duckies this year but I think this will definitely be the toughest out of the last three years.

Look to see the reemergence of J with a duck win, lol.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":2ug7ptkg said:
Oregon 27 Washington 20

Oregon 8,483,598 WSU -13

Lol, you are alive, that's good to hear.

As you know, I don't make predictions and quite frankly, nothing here would really surprise me. Sweatshop Phil's money was enough of a draw to lure/steal other Pac coaches to duck-poop-land and they are much improved as a result.

The story of the game might hinge upon whether we can get any pressure on Herbert. Last week in spite of many blitz packages we didn't get one single sack. Herbert's a really good QB but virtually any good QB will pick you apart if they get enough time.

Gaskin's a little banged up too and that could hurt but Oregon's DB's are suspect and this could end up being a shoot-out which I don't think necessarily favors us.

In either case, it will be a really intense environment and we all look forward to the introduction of yet another stupid new duckie uniform.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3frdj6z3 said:
JSeahawks":3frdj6z3 said:
Oregon 27 Washington 20

Oregon 8,483,598 WSU -13

As you know, I don't make predictions and quite frankly, nothing here would really surprise me. Sweatshop Phil's money was enough of a draw to lure/steal other Pac coaches to duck-poop-land and they are much improved as a result.

The story of the game might hinge upon whether we can get any pressure on Herbert. Last week in spite of many blitz packages we didn't get one single sack. Herbert's a really good QB but virtually any good QB will pick you apart if they get enough time.

Gaskin's a little banged up too and that could hurt but Oregon's DB's are suspect and this could end up being a shoot-out which I don't think necessarily favors us.

In either case, it will be a really intense environment and we all look forward to the introduction of yet another stupid new duckie uniform.

I'll be there. Only the 2nd Ducks game i've ever been to. The other was the loss to Boise State. So hopefully i can see my first win.

chris98251

Reaction score
How many days has it been now, I know someone was keeping track...................

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1mk4jvnl said:
Oregon 27 Washington 20

Oregon 8,483,598 WSU -13

*David Attenborough voiceover*

It is now day 1,480 since the lowly duck last tasted victory against the predatory cougar. One begins to wonder if they even have the instinct left to face the challenge ahead.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":3e04w6jd said:
DomeHawk":3e04w6jd said:
JSeahawks":3e04w6jd said:
Oregon 27 Washington 20

Oregon 8,483,598 WSU -13

I'll be there. Only the 2nd Ducks game i've ever been to. The other was the loss to Boise State. So hopefully i can see my first win.

2nd game? That surprises me, well, you'll certainly be in your element. I sincerely hope you enjoy everything about that day but the final score.

And remember on that tear-ridden drive home, winning isn't the only thing and: IT'S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!!!

D

DomeHawk

The_Z_Man":1m8mvrl9 said:
In this situation in college football the visiting team is like 3 wins and 64 losses over the last decade, and I do believe those 3 wins were all Alabama wins against division 2 schools.

Have a link for that statement?

"Statistics are for losers" - Chris Petersen

D

DomeHawk

The_Z_Man":3n7jb3j6 said:
DomeHawk":3n7jb3j6 said:
The_Z_Man":3n7jb3j6 said:
In this situation in college football the visiting team is like 3 wins and 64 losses over the last decade, and I do believe those 3 wins were all Alabama wins against division 2 schools.

Have a link for that statement?

"Statistics are for losers" - Chris Petersen

I read that little footnote sometime before the season on an oddsmakers website that was giving advice about betting on Pac 12 teams, and when I posted this I did a dozen different google searches but could not find that article, which is why I used the word "like" -- because I can't recall exactly, but I can assure you it was something completely ridiculous.

I tried to do my due diligence googled "Football statistics after 2nd straight road game bs bye" et. but it's not easy to find statistics like this, and there's probably a reason.

The Huskies have been better at this under Peterson, they are something around .600 the past 6 or 7 years - best in the Pac 12 in fact, but a main reason for that success is that Oregon State has always been the second road game, like over half the time it's Oregon State, so that accounts at least 3 wins for sure, and the other was another bad team on a bad year -- either Cal or Colorado. Every time they've played a mere bad or average team on a 2nd road game they lost, and when it's a good team they usually get blown out -- that's the case for every team in the country.

And if there's a bye week involved, forget about it.

Last time the UW played even an average or decent team on a 2nd road game against a team coming off a bye, I'm pretty sure it was the Ducks in Eugene, and of course they got completely blown out like 21 to 48 or something silly like that. I do know that Peterson was coach, but I don't remember if that was Kelly's last year or Helfrich's first.

You can accuse me of "making crap up" -- or you can use your brain and some basic logic, and dismiss the blind homerism.

It's hard to win on the road.
It's harder to win after a 2nd straight road game.
It's better to be rested and healthy.

These two teams are a good match -- the Huskie's defense is better, but all the rules in college football these days favor offense, and Oregon has a future NFL starter as a QB while Browning will probably warm the bench in the CFL...

Ducks win this 34 to 20

Pretty much what I thought.

I never accused you of anything, just wanted you to back up your statement with some facts.

Anyone can say anything here, most of it is pure BS without some verification.

Pardon me for pointing that out.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
large.jpg

Latest posts