16-2 as a Starter and you Get Benched?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Well, Bama benched a 26-2 starter and I don't think many people are saying that was a bad move.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

HawkGA":4vizvk1o said:
Well, Bama benched a 26-2 starter and I don't think many people are saying that was a bad move.

But did he then transfer?

I'm not saying it was good or bad but only that if it goes bad, you're not going to look good for it.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think Jalen should have transferred. But the Clemson guy (Bryant? Or is that the new starter) really had no choice. He's in his last year of eligibility. So I get that it's a gutsy call by the coach but it's better (for the player) than stringing him along.

I was reading an article before the season and it was saying basically that Clemson and Georgia (I think it was Georgia) both have insanely good freshmen. Both were mentioned as likely places for a Tua-type of situation to happen.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

HawkGA":3u9rwhnb said:
I think Jalen should have transferred. But the Clemson guy (Bryant? Or is that the new starter) really had no choice. He's in his last year of eligibility. So I get that it's a gutsy call by the coach but it's better (for the player) than stringing him along.

I was reading an article before the season and it was saying basically that Clemson and Georgia (I think it was Georgia) both have insanely good freshmen. Both were mentioned as likely places for a Tua-type of situation to happen.

It's a gamble for sure because what happens if the new kid gets injured and you have no backup to fill the void. You have just thrown away a possible NC season. I get that the freshman is good but really, you can't wait until he's a sophomore?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Maybe the freshman would have transferred . . . supposedly Tua had considered it if he didn't get into games last year. I don't know how true that is though.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I honestly think Dabo was hoping Lawrence would be his Tua. Obviously Dabo regrets the move now as Lawrence didn't look that great while he was in. Now that question comes down to if Bryant is still enrolled, will he come back to play.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Hawk-Lock":2m6i8co4 said:
I honestly think Dabo was hoping Lawrence would be his Tua. Obviously Dabo regrets the move now as Lawrence didn't look that great while he was in. Now that question comes down to if Bryant is still enrolled, will he come back to play.

Lol, never been vindicated so quickly on a comment.

Latest posts