North Dakota at Washington

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
UW has looked awful so far, they look uninspired.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3csxxrit said:
Here's my Halftime Hot Take: Washington's offense is not good enough to win the Pac 12.

I think they can still win the Pac-12, the entire conference is way down. Their main competition will be Stanford, and I still think we are better than them even if we take a step back. Losing Adams looks huge right now, I'm hoping by midseason we have the Oline figured out. We are also missing Beavers, we need him back soon.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2ioxg0bs said:
SeatownJay":2ioxg0bs said:
Here's my Halftime Hot Take: Washington's offense is not good enough to win the Pac 12.

I think they can still win the Pac-12, the entire conference is way down. Their main competition will be Stanford, and I still think we are better than them even if we take a step back. Losing Adams looks huge right now, I'm hoping by midseason we have the Oline figured out. We are also missing Beavers, we need him back soon.
If you can't run the ball against North Dakota, you're not a good offense.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Did browning tear his acl last week. Playing like ass and wearing a brace.

Id like to see him benched in the 4th quarter and let someone else have a go.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1zmjawhs said:
Did browning tear his acl last week. Playing like ass and wearing a brace.

Id like to see him benched in the 4th quarter and let someone else have a go.
You got your wish.

Start Haener!
:sarcasm_off:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Browning laid an egg. He was terrible in this game. Jake Haener looked real good. The team seemed to get energized when he came in.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
If browning struggles next week, I want to see more of Haener in that game. He looked good but the jury is still out as it was against north dakota in garbage time. If he faired well against utah at some point in the game he could be in with a chance of the starting job.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not impressed with Browning, the run defense, or the tackling. Yes, the won by 42 some odd points against a small school but if they don’t play better against Utah next week, they will lose.

This teams Achilles heel is the QB.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/1038606574984384512[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/1038607171485745152[/tweet]

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Matt_Calkins/status/1038588640153153536[/tweet]

Jake's a big boy. Give him the start next week. If he can't move the ball, give it to Haener.

The question is, will Peterson pull the trigger? I don't know his history at Boise State enough to know if he's done it before. But we have 2 tough games coming up. So we can't mess around.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SacBee_JoeD/status/1038607574273220609[/tweet]

I'm pretty divided on this myself. But I'll go with W's over Browning IF Haener can get it done.

Did Peterson put him in because of the lead? Or because of the way Browning was playing?

D

DomeHawk

It's always good to keep things in perspective in a game like this. It was the 4th qtr and their D was dusted, we were also knocking off multiple 26 yd runs with backups when we couldn't even get 5-yds when they were fresh.

D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":1tyfatam said:
Not impressed with Browning, the run defense, or the tackling. Yes, the won by 42 some odd points against a small school but if they don’t play better against Utah next week, they will lose.

Right now "This teams Achilles heel" is the running game.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":skbphbey said:
Sports Hernia":skbphbey said:

Feel like Gaskin took 2/3 games to get going last year and people started to worry after we played Rutgers.

D

DomeHawk

Glasgow Seahawk":38z3fptr said:
DomeHawk":38z3fptr said:
Sports Hernia":38z3fptr said:

Feel like Gaskin took 2/3 games to get going last year and people started to worry after we played Rutgers.

This whole business of singling out Browning is over the top IMO. Our running game has yet to get on track and that will always hurt your passing game. I mean it's Football 101: establish a running game to open up your passing game.

We also have an under-performing O-line, clearly the loss of Trey looms large but that isn't the only problem. Our star RB looks anything but as well. He seems terribly tentative getting to the hole that probably isn't there anyway. Add to that an offensive coordinator who was supposed to be a rising star but looks more like a Darrell Bevell clone, and he himself has acknowledged that he hasn't performed well. Much can also be written into Chris Petersen's quote that this offense looks "pedestrian."

It's too early to pass any kind of absolute judgment, college teams have a tendency to often perform a metamorphosis in the space of one season BUT they clearly have a lot of room for improvement.

In either case: "IT"S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!!!"

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DomeHawk":24odz2rs said:
Glasgow Seahawk":24odz2rs said:
DomeHawk":24odz2rs said:
Sports Hernia":24odz2rs said:

This whole business of singling out Browning is over the top IMO. Our running game has yet to get on track and that will always hurt your passing game. I mean it's Football 101: establish a running game to open up your passing game.

We also have an under-performing O-line, clearly the loss of Trey looms large but that isn't the only problem. Our star RB looks anything but as well. He seems terribly tentative getting to the hole that probably isn't there anyway. Add to that an offensive coordinator who was supposed to be a rising star but looks more like a Darrell Bevell clone, and he himself has acknowledged that he hasn't performed well. Much can also be written into Chris Petersen's quote that this offense looks "pedestrian."

It's too early to pass any kind of absolute judgment, college teams have a tendency to often perform a metamorphosis in the space of one season BUT they clearly have a lot of room for improvement.

Browning seems to get a free pass amongst some UW fans. He’s a senior, no more excuses! Those 2 picks against ND were not the RB’s fault, neither were his fumble or pick against Auburn. Those are on him.

I do agree on the OC, not impressed in the least.

D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":21bovmoq said:
DomeHawk":21bovmoq said:
Glasgow Seahawk":21bovmoq said:
DomeHawk":21bovmoq said:

Browning seems to get a free pass amongst some UW fans. He’s a senior, no more excuses! Those 2 picks against ND were not the RB’s fault, neither were his fumble or pick against Auburn. Those are on him.

I do agree on the OC, not impressed in the least.

Of course he has to take responsibility for his mistakes but the pick against Auburn was a scramble drill, the receiver failed to come back to the designated spot per the oft-practiced play. As for the fumble, that was a O-line missed assignment, Jake didn't lateral too late, that's the way the play is designed to sell it. Remember Tui? He would lateral much later on that option play.

I don't think I give Jake a pass but I do believe much of the criticism he gets is hyper-critical.

Latest posts