Washington Tops List of Cleanest Programs

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'd rather be a little bit dirty if it meant winning championships. But I think this staff can pull off a championship without getting dirty.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

fenderbender123":3onb3ezq said:
I'd rather be a little bit dirty if it meant winning championships. But I think this staff can pull off a championship without getting dirty.

Well, it certainly will be interesting to watch how this plays out. It wouldn't be terribly unrealistic to say it's not an even playing field. 247 Sports does an evaluation of a college team's rated talent that is based on the ratings of their recruits at the time they signed their LOI. When we played Alabama they were #1 in that department (not surprising) and we were 20-something. Having said that, the year we laid 70 on Oregon they had more rated talent on their team.

If we can keep the program squeaky clean - and go to bowls - and vie for league championships every couple of years or so, I will be satisfied.

To effect change this will take a change in perception by everyone: the NCAA, coaches, the schools themselves, the players, and especially, their parents.

In my opinion, it is time, there are just some things more important than NC's.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean I wouldn't want the program to be *too* dirty. Just dirty enough to where it helps, but not so dirty that the NCAA is going to come knocking.

Then again, that's a tough line to walk. And if you're winning, you will draw attention.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Best thing that would help Washington is to change the perception that the PAC 12 is soft/down. Would help if they had a tv network that was easily available to watch and games weren't 'after dark' and going into the early hours in the east coast. Also doesn't help that the PAC12 has a habit of teams all beating each other/freak results and there not always being a run away team.

Alabama played Mercer, Fresno St, Colorado St and a poor Florida St last year. Washington got crucified for their out of conference schedule last year. So much SEC bias.

drrew

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3cyv2hfn said:
Alabama played Mercer, Fresno St, Colorado St and a poor Florida St last year.

This year it's Arkansas State, Citadel, Louisiana Lafayette, and a weakened Louisville. Their schedule is trash every season and there's never any consequences.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":15cwa4dy said:
Alabama played Mercer, Fresno St, Colorado St and a poor Florida St last year. Washington got crucified for their out of conference schedule last year. So much SEC bias.

Poor Florida State is a bit of a stretch. Yes, the program had a down year last year but that down year came after a top ranking to start the season and then losing their starting QB in that game against Alabama.

I don't love the Louisville game but Bama typically has one big non-conference game a year and then a few patticakes. That's really not that different from anybody else.

Next year is Duke (which is worse than Louisville) but after that it is USC.

Before Florida State it was USC. Before that Wisconsin. Before that West Virginia. Before that Virginia Tech. Before that Michigan. Before that Penn State. Before that Penn State. Before that Virginia State. Before that Clemson.

Next year UW has Eastern Washington, BYU, and Hawaii. Not exactly a powerhouse schedule. UW's out of conference schedule hasn't been anything to write home about.

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkGA":2cvs6g4c said:
Glasgow Seahawk":2cvs6g4c said:

Poor Florida State is a bit of a stretch. Yes, the program had a down year last year but that down year came after a top ranking to start the season and then losing their starting QB in that game against Alabama.

I don't love the Louisville game but Bama typically has one big non-conference game a year and then a few patticakes. That's really not that different from anybody else.

Before Florida State it was USC. Before that Wisconsin. Before that West Virginia. Before that Virginia Tech. Before that Michigan. Before that Penn State. Before that Penn State. Before that Virginia State. Before that Clemson.

Next year UW has Eastern Washington, BYU, and Hawaii. Not exactly a powerhouse schedule. UW's out of conference schedule hasn't been anything to write home about.

Right, that's kind of the point. Why is having a weak out of conference schedule always held against PAC 12 schools, but never held against SEC schools?

The fact is that most P5 conference teams have weak out of conference schedules. Sometimes there's one tough game in there, but often times not.

BTW, PAC 12 teams play 9 in conference games whereas the SEC only plays 8. So when SEC teams OOC schedule is 3 cupcakes and 1 tougher opponent it's the same amount of cupcakes as when PAC 12 teams OOC schedule is just 3 cupcakes.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":twkltkpo said:
Glasgow Seahawk":twkltkpo said:

One year on here I posted Alabama's cupcakes and teams records they played in/out SEC ..
Except for 2-3 games- all the teams they played were cupcakes (regular season)
I don't want to hear shit on UW's schedule when I see Alabama's pattern every year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
They said the same thing about Romar's program.

But remember, it came out that at least one, if not more, of the key people to come into the Washington program ended up getting paid.

Fultz is a good example.

There is no clean program. Just dirtier and more corrupt ones.

But as long as you have people not being compensated for their worth, and driving tons of value & revenue for the organization - you will have people looking to get advantages in getting those difference makers in their organization.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

TwistedHusky":1moi6a8q said:
They said the same thing about Romar's program.

But remember, it came out that at least one, if not more, of the key people to come into the Washington program ended up getting paid.

Fultz is a good example.

There is no clean program. Just dirtier and more corrupt ones.

But as long as you have people not being compensated for their worth, and driving tons of value & revenue for the organization - you will have people looking to get advantages in getting those difference makers in their organization.

That's not true, everything that Petersen does puts him at a disadvantage and he hasn't wavered one bit.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

BTW, those things happened outside of Romar's knowledge, improprieties that sport's agents do behind the scenes, that doesn't make the program dirty.

DJrmb

Reaction score
DomeHawk":33rhh1pc said:
BTW, those things happened outside of Romar's knowledge, improprieties that sport's agents do behind the scenes, that doesn't make the program dirty.
^^^That

It also wasn't paid to motivate him to go to Washington. It was an agent paying him to get Fultz to sign with them the following year when he went to the NBA. Doesn't really have anything to do with recruiting other than if the NCAA had found out before he played the 2016-2017 season he would have been ineligible for Any NCAA team to sign.

Latest posts