Ohio State coach Urban Meyer put on adminstrative leave.

HawkGA

Reaction score
So without having clicked on the links but having heard a report on the radio . . . the story is that an assistant coach's wife said something to Meyer's wife that the assistant coach was abusive and Meyer is in trouble? That seems like a stretch.

drrew

Reaction score
HawkGA":3rsohmr7 said:
So without having clicked on the links but having heard a report on the radio . . . the story is that an assistant coach's wife said something to Meyer's wife that the assistant coach was abusive and Meyer is in trouble? That seems like a stretch.

The messages are between the women, but in a message from Urban Meyer's wife, it states that “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything”

Compare that with this quote from Urban Meyer "I was never told about anything. Never anything came to light, never had a conversation about it. So I know nothing about it."

Could Urban Meyer's wife have been lying in the text message and she never actually talked about it with him? Sure, and I think that's probably the defense he'll try to go with, but that doesn't really pass the common sense test.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Eh, I'm not Urban and thus I have no idea what he knows about his own life experiences.

But that is a tough situation...I once had somebody tell me that my best friend was abusing his girlfriend. I could have gone to the police but luckily i didnt because it wound up being untrue and would have ruined my friendship with him.

On the other hand if you dont report it and abuse is axtually happening, thats not good either. Thats why i always empathasize with people who havent done anything bad but might have knowledge. It sucks. Anymore i just plug my ears and say la la la if somebody is about to feed me something that puts ke in that situation.

HawkGA

Reaction score
drrew":16txumv5 said:
HawkGA":16txumv5 said:

The messages are between the women, but in a message from Urban Meyer's wife, it states that “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything”

Compare that with this quote from Urban Meyer "I was never told about anything. Never anything came to light, never had a conversation about it. So I know nothing about it."

Could Urban Meyer's wife have been lying in the text message and she never actually talked about it with him? Sure, and I think that's probably the defense he'll try to go with, but that doesn't really pass the common sense test.

Well that certainly doesn't look good for Meyer. Heard another snippet that he HAD reported the same person (assume it involved the same female but don't actually know that) back when they were at Florida. That certainly muddies the water. I think 2011 was the year given (but maybe 2009?). So it's not like he's a serial "sweep under the rug" type.

Wouldn't be surprised if he took more of a "reported it once, did my duty" and simply didn't want to get involved. Or maybe the report found no supporting evidence. I mean, if (and I do mean if) somebody is crying wolf, do you have to go report it every time? Given he reported it once, I'd be inclined to give him some benefit of the doubt.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
HawkGA":2tji3udx said:
drrew":2tji3udx said:
HawkGA":2tji3udx said:

Well that certainly doesn't look good for Meyer. Heard another snippet that he HAD reported the same person (assume it involved the same female but don't actually know that) back when they were at Florida. That certainly muddies the water. I think 2011 was the year given (but maybe 2009?). So it's not like he's a serial "sweep under the rug" type.

Wouldn't be surprised if he took more of a "reported it once, did my duty" and simply didn't want to get involved. Or maybe the report found no supporting evidence. I mean, if (and I do mean if) somebody is crying wolf, do you have to go report it every time? Given he reported it once, I'd be inclined to give him some benefit of the doubt.

So why the hell did he hire the guy at OSU if there was a problem at Florida? Interesting.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Good question. My guess is there was an investigation and nothing was found. Perhaps the wife recanted. That would, I think, lend credibility to why Meyer might blow off a second (or maybe it was even more than a second) complaint.

mrt144

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1dzruo8a said:
Pending a university investigation into what knowledge he possessed regarding former assistant coach Zach Smith's history of domestic violence and whether he lied to the university about it.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... tive-leave

As much as I love the Buckeyes...screw Urban Meyer and screw Ohio State, on top of the wrestling abuse you have yet another moral coward?

The only thing that makes this worse is that moral cowardice is endemic at the college level that it makes their insipid claims about purity one of the most brain melting insufferable claims ever.

mrt144

Reaction score
HawkGA":2hs5dtf5 said:
drrew":2hs5dtf5 said:
HawkGA":2hs5dtf5 said:

Perhaps if the rot of college abuse wasn't becoming more and more revealed and if not for the infamous Penn State situation in the same sport in the same division where simply doing the BARE minimum was deemed sufficient.

I get that people don't want to put their neck out there in terms of holding people they love accountable, especially if it doesn't turn out to be true and is vindictive but...

Larry Nassar and Sandusky really worth saying 'not my problem' and possibly being made a fool at some point?

FWIW I've never been put in that situation but I also know it would be painful to do what I was perceived as right which is going to the police and having as many heart to hearts with the victim and accused in the scenario to ensure I wasn't off base.

Latest posts