OG Will Hernandez

Vesuve

Reaction score
Let's say that - if - the Seahawks pick OG Will Hernandez.

Here he is:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/will-hern ... 29092a1ebf

Will Hernandez is an absolute unit. Look at the size of this lad, and also how fun he is.

Will Hernandez is one of the top offensive linemen in the 2018 NFL Draft. He’s going to be selected in one of the first two rounds, and for good reason.

Hernandez played his college football at UTEP — not exactly a perennial contender in the college football realm. In fact, it’s the hardest coaching gig in college football right now.

UTEP going 0-12 last season could have led Hernandez to put things in cruise control early on, but he still put the pedal to the metal.

“It was never an option for me just to throw in the towel or just give up on the season just because we were losing games or we hadn’t won,” he said at the NFL Combine. “Even though it was the worst feeling ever, I could never live with myself knowing that I just gave up. If you’re gonna do that, you might as well not even be there.”

He takes that good attitude off the field as well.

The pride of UTEP is a player everybody can get behind.
By Harry Lyles Jr.@harrylylesjr Apr 25, 2018

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/25/1725 ... -2018-utep

naholmes

Reaction score
He is a mauling LG to jump start the run game and stand up to Donald and Suh. He’s my favorite guard for the Seahawks after Nelson and a trade down candidate.

ivotuk

Reaction score
naholmes":3qtgykqc said:
He is a mauling LG to jump start the run game and stand up to Donald and Suh. He’s my favorite guard for the Seahawks after Nelson and a trade down candidate.

What he said (bolded) Brock had a segment on him, but I can't find it for some reason...

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I think Wynn is the best guard in the draft and would be okay with him.

If not him, I'd much rather wait for Corbett, who the 'Hawks have had visits with.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Brock’s take: “This is your quintessential guard: 6-2, 348, and one powerful, mean and angry football player. I first noticed him on a Friday night game… and UTEP was awful. Arguably the worst program in college football. 0-12 last year, fired their coach… and the only thing [the analysts] could do was highlight one football player that night. And that football player was Will Hernandez, who was an absolute animal. And once your eyes actually watch a guard play, you watch him pile drive and annihilate people. And then you watch him at the combine, number one among the offensive linemen, benching 37 reps of 225, paying off everything you’ve seen on the field with unbelievable strength. And then you see him at the Senior Bowl, most importantly. That is where he became a first-round pick. Because the big man moves better than you would anticipate. At 350 pounds [he] was one of the top seven guys when it came to the three cone drill.

“I’m reminded a little bit of Daniel Jeremiah, of where he said he failed over the last 10 years as he’s projected guys. He said with offensive linemen and guard in particular, he took for granted the ability to anchor. When you’re in that space from guard to guard, you have to have an anchor, you have to be able to just plant your feet and no matter what force is coming at you, punch it right in the face and stop it… this guy comes in and he anchors right away.

And to answer the inevitable question, do I take him at 18? I don’t take him at 18. But if [you trade down and] you’re sitting there at 22, do you consider Will Hernandez — a guy who’s going to solidify everything you want, going to fit with Mike Solari who’s going to run the power run game, who’s going to provide some punch, who’s actually going to give Russell Wilson a pocket and space around him? And oh, you’ve got to block Aaron Donald.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/441816/br ... hernandez/?

chet380

Reaction score
Better this kid than a trade-down netting a mediocre 3 or a 4

Latest posts