Josh Allen

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would get Laremy Tunsiled. It seems pretty common for top prospects. I'm very surprised it's Josh Allen though. Yeah, he was just a kid, but those tweets were pretty asinine, no matter how old he was. Honestly, I can't see his stock dropping from this.

replicant

Reaction score
Josh Allen apologizes after racist tweets resurface

Former Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen apologized for some offensive and racist tweets he made in high school.

Allen is projected as a top–five pick in Thursday's draft and told ESPN.com that he he was young and dumb when making the tweets.

The tweets have been deleted from Allen's account, but Yahoo! Sports reports that the tweets were sent when Allen was in high school in 2012 and 2013.

According to Yahoo@ Sports, below are some examples of Allen's tweets.

(Warning: The tweets contain offensive language.)

“@cheriishhh: i dont think you n***** want a troubled son!” — Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) June 14, 2012

“@Alpha_Patlan: “@J_Prodigy_5: @Alpha_Patlan (uhh) stay schemin…” N***** Trying To Get At Me. ” doe — Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) February 12, 2013

"@FelipeeeeMelo_: Bout to show up these N**** at pong. Gonna do for @j_prodigy_5 @AFlyer5 and @J_Sal_Forever_5.":) — Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) February 26, 2012

Why are you so white ? — If it ain't white, it ain't right! http://t.co/wsLQKZQWG5 — Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) June 25, 2013

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jo ... li=BBnba9I

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think it does hurt his stock. Not going number one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

penihawk

Reaction score
Sad! Not the fact that a 15-16 yr old immature kid did that but the fact we are bringing it up and judging him for it now. What the hell good does it do anybody?

Chapow

Reaction score
penihawk":2zuj6ygr said:
Sad! Not the fact that a 15-16 yr old immature kid did that but the fact we are bringing it up and judging him for it now. What the hell good does it do anybody?

I completely agree, this is pretty disgusting IMO. People generally change a metric shit ton from 15 to 21.

On the other hand, maybe we should just start judging everyone by some shit they said or did when they were 15 years old. That'd be fun.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Chapow":2mtu6fvw said:
penihawk":2mtu6fvw said:

I completely agree, this is pretty disgusting IMO. People generally change a metric shit ton from 15 to 21.

On the other hand, maybe we should just start judging everyone by some shit they said or did when they were 15 years old. That'd be fun.

He was 17 when he wrote "If it ain't white, it ain't right." Stupid kids need to learn that things that are written on the internet last FOREVER. There is way too much bigoted crap all over the internet.

He's not 17 now. He's about to be a 23-year-old multimillionaire. Hopefully he is less ignorant today than he was when he was 17.

2_0_6

Reaction score
He was 16 and 17 when these were tweeted out, and some of them were lyrics from Rap songs. This is all much to do about nothing and will have no affect on his draft slot.

Just think, one day we might have a president in office that did the tide pod challenge for likes on Youtube.

Chapow

Reaction score
hawknation2018":20vxnhft said:
Chapow":20vxnhft said:
penihawk":20vxnhft said:

He was 17 when he wrote "If it ain't white, it ain't right." Stupid kids need to learn that things that are written on the internet last FOREVER. There is way too much bigoted crap all over the internet.

He's not 17 now. He's about to be a 23-year-old multimillionaire. Hopefully he is less ignorant today than he was when he was 17.

OK. I'll rephrase. People typically change a lot from the time they are in High School to the time when they are about finished with college.

Which is pretty much the same thing as what I already said.

And yes, I would hope that he would be less ignorant after 4 years of college. I would certainly think so as college tends to be a pretty transformative period in most peoples lives.

On the other hand, maybe we should just start judging everyone by some shit they said or did when they were 17 years old. That'd be fun.

penihawk

Reaction score
I’ve raised 2 boys through high school and working on a 3rd that’s a freshman. Were not dealing with anything other than the fact that boys of that age say and do stupid things. The fact when you do it and post it on the internet these days magnifies the issue. The real problem here is the fact that we have media sources trying to destroy a young man for their own personal gain. Sickening! I’m willing to bet if it were possible, 90%+ of all the young men in the draft said things of that nature as teenagers .

toffee

Reaction score
He is from Wyoming:

The United States Census Bureau estimates that the population of Wyoming was 579,315 in 2017,[37] which is an increase of 2.8% since the 2010 United States Census.[8] The center of population of Wyoming is located in Natrona County.

In 2014, the United States Census Bureau estimated that the racial composition of the population was 92.7% white (82.9 non-Hispanic white), 2.7% American Indian and Alaska Native, 1.6% Black or African American, 1.0% Asian American, and 0.1% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander.

In his universe, where whites are like 95%, one really ain’t right if one ain’t white? “IF” he would to be draft by Charger or the teams from New York, it sure would be an eye opener.

I am all for Rosen and Allen both got drafted by New York teams, gonna be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seanhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1rc1bmul said:
I think he should drop anyway because he’s not good at football. Worst qb the ducks played all season.

He wasn't even 1st or 2nd team All Mountain West. The Mountain West Conference for crying out loud.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Glad there was no social media when I was a kid. Or cell phones with cameras for that matter. I have my own set of ghosts.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
This:
[youtube]P4L69cxMUt0[/youtube]

as well as tweeting some rap lyrics, are much ado about nothing.....