Rosen’s fading, what if he’s available at 18?

toffee

Reaction score
Josh Rosen’s star is fading of late, what if he slides all the way to 18th? Remember Aaron Rogers and how he was drafted by Packers?

It would so ideal for us? Sit and learn from Russ then take over in 2 years? Sure would achieve Pete’s wish of putting pressure on Rush, and good trade value even if we keep Russ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

DomeHawk

toffee":ywr9yksq said:
Josh Rosen’s star is fading of late, what if he slides all the way to 18th? Remember Aaron Rogers and how he was drafted by Packers?

It would so ideal for us? Sit and learn from Russ then take over in 2 years? Sure would achieve Pete’s wish of putting pressure on Rush, and good trade value even if we keep Russ.

NOPE, NADA, NO FREAKING WAY!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
What is he going to learn from RW?He can't bail,spin,run and sandlot.
Two different players.

2_0_6

Reaction score
If AZ doesn't trade up to grab a QB there is no way he falls past them if they stay put

replicant

Reaction score
toffee":zhrzh3jy said:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/forward.com/culture/398513/is-the-nfls-anti-semitism-hurting-josh-rosens-draft-stock/%3Fgamp

These guys are predicting Rosen at 15th. And he is still fading so 18th is possible.

From your article, it sounds like he wants to be a SJW just as much as he wants to play football. What could go wrong?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
replicant":1cybhwgg said:
toffee":1cybhwgg said:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/forward.com/culture/398513/is-the-nfls-anti-semitism-hurting-josh-rosens-draft-stock/%3Fgamp

These guys are predicting Rosen at 15th. And he is still fading so 18th is possible.

From your article, it sounds like he wants to be a SJW just as much as he wants to play football. What could go wrong?

He could be a more talented Kaepernick with Aaron Roger-ish upside.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I'd trade down with a qb needy team looking to jump up to get him.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
If he slides to 18, I doubt another team will call our bluff and trade up for him with us. You might have to take him, get the leverage, and then trade him if the plan is to trade back.

Detroit at 20 just before Cincy anf Buff is the spot to be if he slides.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I've watched him since he was in high school and have seen him play in person a couple times. I don't think he's that good. Erratic accuracy, injury prone, and he's been perceived as an entitled jerk for a long time. In HS, he posted his own highlight reel on youtube. The only problem was he included multiple plays where his receivers dropped balls. That's a douche move. I heard that's why Stanford never offered him a scholarship.

2_0_6

Reaction score
His Dad was in the running to be the Surgeon general when Obama was in office. Learned that today.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Tinymac2":fd0ensyi said:
If he slides to 18, I doubt another team will call our bluff and trade up for him with us. You might have to take him, get the leverage, and then trade him if the plan is to trade back.

Detroit at 20 just before Cincy anf Buff is the spot to be if he slides.

I tend to agree. That said, quarterbacks don't last. There are at least 5 teams picking after the Seahawks that will be taking a hard look at Rosen should he fall, and everyone in the NFL knows the Hawks will trade down. If a team really wants Rosen will they be willing to wait until pick 20 to see if he lasts, knowing that someone will likely be jumping up to 18? Or to 19 with the Cowboys who I'm sure woudn't be opposed to a move down for more picks. It's a risk that I don't think Rosen believers will want to take.

Of course, i don't think this scenario ever plays out anyways. Rosen isn't getting out of the top 10.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
2_0_6":3ddt4aae said:
His Dad was in the running to be the Surgeon general when Obama was in office. Learned that today.

Being a rich kid or from a privileged background was one strike against Rosen. The other strike was being a liberal and vocal about it. His stock’s sinking fast as teams view him as a Kaepernick in the making.

He is unsellable to local audiences for teams in red states.

2_0_6

Reaction score
toffee":2zyynm7t said:
2_0_6":2zyynm7t said:

Being a rich kid or from a privileged background was one strike against Rosen. The other strike was being a liberal and vocal about it. His stock’s sinking fast as teams view him as a Kaepernick in the making.

I was in San Diego last week and listened to some sports radio, and lots of people down there think he might slide to 17 where the Chargers would take him./

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
2_0_6":1agvd3rl said:
toffee":1agvd3rl said:
2_0_6":1agvd3rl said:

I was in San Diego last week and listened to some sports radio, and lots of people down there think he might slide to 17 where the Chargers would take him./

It would be ideal for Chargers and Rosen, I think it would work equally well for us if we can pick him up at 18. We will see a hungrier Russ, instantly.

Chapow

Reaction score
toffee":2vpzqxzv said:
2_0_6":2vpzqxzv said:
toffee":2vpzqxzv said:
2_0_6":2vpzqxzv said:

It would be ideal for Chargers and Rosen, I think it would work equally well for us if we can pick him up at 18. We will see a hungrier Russ, instantly.

Russ already works his ass off to be the best QB he can be. I don't think his "hunger" level needs adjusting, nor do I think bringing in Josh Rosen would change anything in regards to his "hunger" level. Despite the false narrative around here that Russ has gotten lazy and complacent and distracted and whatever other BS people come up with, I believe Russ is still highly motivated and is still one of the best QBs in the NFL and works as hard as anyone to remain one of the best.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me a single shred of actual evidence, not someones opinion, but actual evidence, that Russ needs to get "hungrier" or whatever.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sure, draft him, develop, and trade to a New York, California, or South Florida team. (*MOD EDIT TO REMOVE POLITICAL REFERENCES*) So he thinks a lot of himself? What successful QB doesn’t. My only hesitation might be that this office hasn’t faired well when it comes to trades.

Chapow

Reaction score
We need to try to bring in guys that can help the team this year, not use our only pick before the middle of the 4th round to draft a guy we are hoping becomes the QB of the future in a few years or we can trade for a pick or 2 in a few years.

In our current situation, this is a terrible idea.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If this was one of the last four drafts I’d agree with you but this time around we have many holes to fill. Maybe we could draft him and trade him to a team that needs a QB? And I don’t understand why you blanked out the word liberal from my post above? His attitude about politics is clearly referenced in the linked article and it’s no secret that the markets I named are dominated by liberal leaning politics. According to the article that is important to Rosen.

Latest posts