Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

How's Cleveland going to screw this up?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
How's Cleveland going to screw this up?
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:43 am
  • With the number 1 pick in the 2018 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select........

how are they going to screw up 1 and 4?

IMO. Josh Allen has bust city written all over him. Like I have said before, if your not accurate in College you wont be accurate in the pros. He has Jake Locker written all over him.

With the number 4 pick in the 2018 draft the Cleveland Browns Select.......

Who knows how this will go, but assuming Allen at 1. I'd say they reach for a OT, cause it feels like you should pick an LT here to replace Thomas... the available LTs aren't really worth the 4 in this draft.

Do you Cleveland! Im actually rooting for them to come out of it though.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• The ultimate Couging-it would be to draft Allen at #1 and Mayfield at #4.

I've actually heard an argument for this on sports talk given the 50% bust rate of 1st round QBs.
    Osprey
    NET Starter

• For decades, the poor Browns found ways to mess up. They are all on their way this time too by not surrendering their picks for all pro, pro bowl, hof Earl Thomas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Drafting Mayfield #1, when they could have gotten him at #4 and then missing out on Barkley at #4.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Missing out on Saquon would really annoy the fan base because they could have a pretty nice team with Tyrod and Saquon in the mix.
    naholmes
    NET Starter

• Just draft Barkley at 1 and whatever QB falls to you at 4 or Bradley Chubb.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:Just draft Barkley at 1 and whatever QB falls to you at 4 or Bradley Chubb.

Are you saying this would be a screw up or what they should do?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• They need to do it like this:

1. Pick your QB at #1.
    2. Put a MASSIVE for sale sign on pick #4, obtain more draft capital for it.
    3. Draft best defenders on the board with remaining firsts, and BPA day 2.

Anything else is silly.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Or call Bill up in New England and ask him who he likes :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• They should trade 1 to the bills for 12, 22, and the bills 1st next year. That leaves them with 4,12,22,33,64 plus a few later picks.
    Tinymac2
    NET Rookie

• HawkGA wrote:Drafting Mayfield #1, when they could have gotten him at #4 and then missing out on Barkley at #4.

I personally think if Mayfield doesn't go #1 he will go #3 to the Jets.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Drafting Mayfield #1, when they could have gotten him at #4 and then missing out on Barkley at #4.

Sounds like Joe Namath would like him to go to the Jets.

Namath said he watched Mayfield plenty in college and was especially impressed with the Oklahoma quarterback's play in a College Football Playoff loss to Georgia.

"Hey, it wasn't just Georgia, it was a couple of years, early on, when I saw him play," said Namath, tracing his affinity for Mayfield. "I saw him a couple of years back. I never saw him look bad. I don't know how tall he is. I still don't know big he is. Size can be a major asset, yes, size can be an asset in today's game. But Drew Brees, his size was questioned many times and he's one of the greatest players who's ever played."

Namath sees the positive traits many scouts love about Mayfield -- accuracy and quick release -- and noted he was glad his Alabama Crimson Tide didn't have to face the Oklahoma QB in the college championship game.

"When I see his quick feet and I see him throwing every which way, I see the accuracy, I see the intensity, his hustle," Namath said. "Hey, I tell you, I wouldn't want to play against him. I didn't want Alabama to play against him."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... b-in-draft
    replicant
    NET Rookie

• So Rosen doesn’t want to play there. Allen is not accurate enough. Mayfield is Johnnie Football 2.0. I’d say they screw up picking any of these guys. They should get Barkley then Chubb.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• Schefter reporting they take Manziel 2.0 at number 1!!!
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• With passing on Wentz & Watson the last 2 drafts the pressure to get the QB right is on. After that with their draft capital the possibilities are endless. I’m rooting for them to get it right with a large group of overrated QB’s to choose from imo. :2thumbs:
    penihawk
    NET Veteran

• original poster wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Drafting Mayfield #1, when they could have gotten him at #4 and then missing out on Barkley at #4.

I think you're right. I can't keep pace with the bouncing around of rankings on the QBs. But even if it isn't Mayfield, I think they are just as likely to get a decent QB at #4 as they are at #1. It's largely a crapshoot anyway.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Baker Mayfield? LMAO. Good job, Browns.

I will laugh hard if the Giants screw them further by taking Barkley.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• HawkGA wrote:Drafting Mayfield #1, when they could have gotten him at #4 and then missing out on Barkley at #4.

This.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• hawknation2018 wrote:Baker Mayfield? LMAO. Good job, Browns.

I will laugh hard if the Giants screw them further by taking Barkley.

hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Wow double screw.....
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• brimsalabim wrote:Wow double screw.....

HAHA they did it. Took Manziel 2.0 and passing on Chub! haha
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

It's just amazing how bad they are. It seems like they are picking in the top 5 - 10 for 15 years in a row now. If you get the best players in all of college football in the draft for a decade and a half how do you not get better? Not only do they not get better they seem to get worse and worse. They bottomed out at 0 - 16 in 2017. Honestly if they could go - (minus) in the wins and losses they would. They would go even lower.

I mean how can you win 1 game in 2 years when you get absolute top tier picks in the draft every single year. It's absolutely incredible. You almost have to try to be this bad. I can't believe a team could be this bad even if they tried. They should fire their GM, entire front office, all of the coaching staff and even the owner should sell the team. It has to go all the way to the top to be this bad. There is just no other explanation.

By blind luck you should hit on at least some of those top picks. But it seems they miss on 90% of them. Even though they always seem to pick in the top 5. It's like they should figure out what they are going to do in a given draft and just do the exact opposite. Or throw a dart at a board for a pick. It absolutely couldn't be any worse than this.

I've never seen anything like this in any sport. I mean seriously can anybody tell me how you can pick top 5 - 10 picks for 15 years in a row and not get better? Not only that they get worse and worse the more top picks they have it seems. They have to be the most clueless dysfunctional organization I have ever seen.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

• SanDiego49er wrote:

It's just amazing how bad they are. It seems like they are picking in the top 5 - 10 for 15 years in a row now. If you get the best players in all of college football in the draft for a decade and a half how do you not get better? Not only do they not get better they seem to get worse and worse. They bottomed out at 0 - 16 in 2017. Honestly if they could go - (minus) in the wins and losses they would. They would go even lower.

I mean how can you win 1 game in 2 years when you get absolute top tier picks in the draft every single year. It's absolutely incredible. You almost have to try to be this bad. I can't believe a team could be this bad even if they tried. They should fire their GM, entire front office, all of the coaching staff and even the owner should sell the team. It has to go all the way to the top to be this bad. There is just no other explanation.

By blind luck you should hit on at least some of those top picks. But it seems they miss on 90% of them. Even though they always seem to pick in the top 5. It's like they should figure out what they are going to do in a given draft and just do the exact opposite. Or throw a dart at a board for a pick. It absolutely couldn't be any worse than this.

I've never seen anything like this in any sport. I mean seriously can anybody tell me how you can pick top 5 - 10 picks for 15 years in a row and not get better? Not only that they get worse and worse the more top picks they have it seems. They have to be the most clueless dysfunctional organization I have ever seen.

It comes from clueless ownership and impatience, you hire guys that don't know football to run it, or you hire guys that do know football but don't have the patience to let them do their job, all you have to do is look at the Redskins for a similar situation or the Dolphins.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I feel reasonably confident nobody expected them to actually screw up the #4 pick like they did.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:19 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information