2018 NFL Draft: Fumble rates for all running back prospects

ivotuk

Reaction score
Just say HELL NO! To some players like Sony Michel and Kalen Ballage (One of my favorites).

A good point here is that when people ask "Why did Schneider and Carroll draft Player A over Player B?" And the answer would be "Because they are diligent in finding out every little detail about a player, such as fumble rate.

For example, people who aren't familiar with "Fumble Rate," might ask "Why did they choose Ronald Jones over Sony Michel?"

Of course if the ignore fumble rate (PC "I can fix their fumbling problem like Parcells did with Tiki Barber)." Then I would be puzzled to say the least.

Below are the career offensive fumble rates for the top running back prospects in the 2018 NFL Draft class, broken down into five categories:

ELITE (150 or better)

359.0 -- Darrel Williams, LSU

238.7 -- Demario Richard, Arizona State

--->>> 207.7 -- Ronald Jones, USC

193.3 -- Saquon Barkley, Penn State

--->>> 191.3 -- Kerryon Johnson, Auburn

BELOW AVERAGE (76-99)

98.6 -- Nick Chubb, Georgia

96.0 -- Bo Scarbrough, Alabama

90.0 -- Mark Walton, Miami (Fla.)

RED FLAG (75 or worse)

67.4 -- Akrum Wadley, Iowa

66.5 -- Kalen Ballage, Arizona State

54.6 -- Sony Michel, Georgia

https://www.upi.com/2018-NFL-Draft-Fumb ... 518380025/

naholmes

Reaction score

Darrel Williams would be an interesting talent to pair with Carson and Davis. He has the size to excel in short yardage and doesn’t fumble and will be available late since he ran a 4.7. I’d give him a look since they won’t have many high picks.

EDIT - I saw that Darrel Williams ran a 4.59 at his pro day which is a significant improvement but not sure how reliable those times are because they are almost always faster. In any case, 40 times are overrated for RB and he seems comparable to Alfred Morris who was late round or UDFA but a big contributor as a rookie.

Pro day results:
Height/Weight: 5-11 3/8, 224 pounds
40-yard dash: 4.59 seconds
3-cone drill: 7.20 seconds
Shuttle (20-yard): 4.33 seconds
Shuttle (60-yard): 11.87 seconds

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
naholmes":2695gx59 said:

Darrel Williams would be an interesting talent to pair with Carson and Davis. He has the size to excel in short yardage and doesn’t fumble and will be available late since he ran a 4.7. I’d give him a look since they won’t have many high picks.

EDIT - I saw that Darrel Williams ran a 4.59 at his pro day which is a significant improvement but not sure how reliable those times are because they are almost always faster. In any case, 40 times are overrated for RB and he seems comparable to Alfred Morris who was late round or UDFA but a big contributor as a rookie.

Pro day results:
Height/Weight: 5-11 3/8, 224 pounds
40-yard dash: 4.59 seconds
3-cone drill: 7.20 seconds
Shuttle (20-yard): 4.33 seconds
Shuttle (60-yard): 11.87 seconds

Any Vertical or Broad Jump info?