everyone predicts OT, CB or RB but why not

jed2140

Reaction score
WR?
seems to me Courtland Sutton will be there at 18 and he has the size we have been looking for and now need more than ever with Jimmy gone.

of course I expect us to trade back into the early 2nd round like everyone else does and maybe guys like an Auden Tate, marcel Ateman or DJ Chark might be there in the 3rd round, but if we stay put for some reason at 18 Sutton has #1 WR tools on a team with no size on the edges.

original poster

Reaction score
Christian Kirk is a name to watch.

The team have him in for a visit and worked him out privately. Thats quite rare for them to do both.

OP
OP
J

jed2140

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Kirk.
I know combine stuff is not end all be all but how soft his hand appeared and how effortlessly he catch the ball stood out to me. he is a compact runner and would allow the team to have additional return help.

my thing is do we need another 5'11 WR?
I think Kirk will be the best slot WR out of this draft but don't we need some length?

original poster

Reaction score
jed2140":i4e98b2e said:
I'm a big fan of Kirk.
I know combine stuff is not end all be all but how soft his hand appeared and how effortlessly he catch the ball stood out to me. he is a compact runner and would allow the team to have additional return help.

my thing is do we need another 5'11 WR?
I think Kirk will be the best slot WR out of this draft but don't we need some length?

I said similar on Twitter Jed.

It would take return duties away from Lockett and let him focus on being a WR, but still...I'm not sold.

He's a great WR, I don't doubt that. I'm just not convinced we need him. I'd much rather keep Doug in the slot where he has proven to be most valuable.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I agree with OP. In terms of true #1 WR ability, Sutton has it. Probably more than any other WR in this draft. He's athletic, big, and physical at the catch point. He's not a quick twitch, big receiver like Julio, but he can still create after the catch. There's some Dez Bryant to his game IMO.

He's the type of WR I like, though. Seattle seems to always go for a different type of WR. Christian Kirk seems to fit what they like and I think you can get Kirk later in the draft.

Seattle's pick at 18 might seem too high for some, but that's sort of where players like him are valued. WR in general are getting expensive. They go early in the draft, are traded for high draft picks, and signed to ridiculous contracts. To get a chance on what Sutton could be become, the 18th pick is the sweet spot.

I'd still trade down though. Need those picks.

D

DomeHawk

I don't know who "everyone" is but I, for one, think that they will only pick for need if there are no other choices, i.e., if someone they rated higher slips to #18 and are too good to pass up no matter which position they play, (w/the possible exception of QB).

Seafan

Reaction score
If Vea or Davenport fall the Hawks will grab one of them but otherwise I don't see the Hawks staying at 18.

Latest posts