HUSKY SPRING FOOTBALL

D

DomeHawk

The defense is typically ahead of the offense at this point and that has certainly been true of the Husky's spring practice so far this year. I have no worries about the defense but the offense is really going to have to step it up this year. With future 1st rounder Trey Adams holding down the LT spot I think Myles Gaskin is going to have a great year. It also appears that Jake Browning's shoulder has finally regained its full strength, and while he may not have a cannon for an arm, his accuracy suffered last year.

The big story this year will be the receivers, I believe that is the key to whether the Huskies will return to 2016 form. I also believe that this team has the potential to be better than that team.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/co ... 00099.html

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Trey Adams coming along well in his recovery. This O-line is huge w/every lineman 6-5 or 6-6 and 300 lbs+. It's an experienced line as well, especially at the all-important tackle positions. Browning shouldn't be hurting for pass protection and Gaskin should have some nice holes opened for him as well.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/sports/ ... 54369.html

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I hope JB's shoulder is healed...That would be a much needed boost.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Intrigued by WR Andre Baccellia. Fast with great hands, he came on toward the end of last season. I see a little of Angry Doug percolating in Baccellia.

Ty Jones is just going to need to catch a lot of passes to season his hands. For some reason, young big receivers tend to struggle with consistency in catching the football. You would think taller means they usually have bigger hands, so catching the football should be easier, generally speaking. But that's rarely the case. It's all mental and requires developing consistency in motor skills for the big WR.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

hawknation2018":54kxucn5 said:
Intrigued by WR Andre Baccellia. Fast with great hands, he came on toward the end of last season. I see a little of Angry Doug percolating in Baccellia.

Ty Jones is just going to need to catch a lot of passes to season his hands. For some reason, young big receivers tend to struggle with consistency in catching the football. You would think taller means they usually have bigger hands, so catching the football should be easier, generally speaking. But that's rarely the case. It's all mental and requires developing consistency in motor skills for the big WR.

Currently, Fuller is leading the pack.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2w15l1d5 said:
Any word on who looks better between Yankoff and Sirmon?

The couple reports I've seen mentioned Yankoff with some nice runs and Sirmon with some nice long throws.

Open practice this weekend so I think we'll hear more.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":3hvgepi5 said:
Any word on who looks better between Yankoff and Sirmon?

It's really too early to know with Browning getting most of reps with 1st string O but one of those articles stated Sirmon had one of the best throws all spring.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Nice Imfo Dome..
I think people forget UW redshirts players just like anyone else and gets
JUCO transfers as well if I'm not mistaken.What this means is you can be
suprised by talent that you never saw last season in different ways.
Any freshman talent that plays after all that is a bonus,
It all starts with the head coach and we damn sure have a good one,

Latest posts