Rasheem Green at No. 18?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
This kid has a chance to be a really special player. 21 years old, 6'5", 275 lbs, 34'' arms, 4.73s 40, 1.66s 10-yard split, 9.83' broad (same as Frank Clark), His agility is not quite at the level of Clark's, but Rasheem is taller with a bigger frame to add more muscle. His 10-yard split was slightly faster than Clark's 1.66s.

Green and Uchenna Nwosu were the two defenders who really stood out on that USC defense over the last couple seasons. Green had 10 sacks and 40 pressures last year. I think he has even more upside as a pass rusher than Clark, mainly because he uses his hands much better and plays faster off the ball with a bigger frame. He can play outside or move inside, like Michael Bennett. But when he gets a chance to play more on the outside, I think he will elevate his game and do real damage as a rusher.

[youtube]AdO_aTt1O-U[/youtube]

original poster

Reaction score
He's good, no doubt, but not at #18. Not even in the first round IMO. Firmly in the low second, though.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The more I watch him, the more I think he was misused in college. He looks like a natural 5T, who was getting swallowed up at times because he was almost exclusively playing DT. But he still managed 40 pressures. Quick off the ball, with nasty hand usage, will give offensive tackles trouble. And at 21 years old with a large frame, he has not yet reached his physical potential. I think he'll develop into a Pro Bowler.

original poster

Reaction score
I agree on the Pro Bowl assessment. He struggling a bit with balance IIRC, dealing with strong lineman at the next level may be a bit of a shock.

Good prospect though for sure!

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Rasheem Green would be a tremendous replacement for Michael Bennett. He's going to transition to the NFL very well when playing outside, because he has such a good first step, terrific usage of hands, and excellent motor. And he has a ton of experience playing inside on 3rd downs.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Definitely a great looking player. I am hoping we can find someone like him in the 4th round from,,,,, oh some spontaneous school,,,,,, Ball St, Illinois State, University of Delaware or maybe Milton college. Utah St has been good to us.

This FO needs to get its prospector spirit back and find some diamonds in the rough.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1h7my65r said:
Definitely a great looking player. I am hoping we can find someone like him in the 4th round from,,,,, oh some spontaneous school,,,,,, Ball St, Illinois State, University of Delaware or maybe Milton college. Utah St has been good to us.

This FO needs to get its prospector spirit back and find some diamonds in the rough.

I see what you're saying. He's a high-profile player, an SC guy.

DE is a deep area of this draft. There should be a few guys who slip through the cracks.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Can he ride an ATV without crashing? :2thumbs:

nanomoz

Reaction score
Super capable, but his performance is more of a third rounder situation.