Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Eason to UW

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Eason to UW
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:30 pm

Re: Eason to UW
Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:53 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:Was wondering what was going to happen to him. Guess you dogs are pretty happy.
    Former Georgia QB Jacob Eason officially transfers back home to Washington

I was just about to post this. In fact I was just saying to someone, "well, he hasn't transferred yet." Quarterback is the most important position on a football team and it isn't even close. In the pros you don't even think about doing anything without a good QB and college football isn't much different. Right now, UDub has four (4) top quarterbacks. Talk about an embarrassment of riches!

IT'S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!!!
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:54 pm
  • I remember his freshman year and saw that he was from Lake Stevens and was thinking what are you doing in Georgia. I'm sure there is a story behind that and maybe it can be a win win with him and Fromm.

I also blew off his name as a coincidence but yes he is Tony's son. Didn't know, I'm sure many did but never heard them say it on TV.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:37 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:I remember his freshman year and saw that he was from Lake Stevens and was thinking what are you doing in Georgia. I'm sure there is a story behind that and maybe it can be a win win with him and Fromm.

I also blew off his name as a coincidence but yes he is Tony's son. Didn't know, I'm sure many did but never heard them say it on TV.

Along the same ideas. How did Tony Eason end up out here? And Which Tony Eason are we talking about. The QB or the WR who played for Notre Dame in the 80's?
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:I remember his freshman year and saw that he was from Lake Stevens and was thinking what are you doing in Georgia. I'm sure there is a story behind that and maybe it can be a win win with him and Fromm.

Along the same ideas. How did Tony Eason end up out here? And Which Tony Eason are we talking about. The QB or the WR who played for Notre Dame in the 80's?

Oh wow. Nice call do you remember that Tony Eason,,,,, from Notre Dame? He is definitely Jacob's Dad.
    Notre Dame experience prepared Tony Eason for son’s recruitment at UGA

When I was doing research and saw his Dad's name was Tony I thought for sure then it was the QB from 83.

Spot on call. :2thumbs:
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:17 pm
  • It pisses me off that he's transferring now when he should have just signed with UW to begin with. I want him to play instead of Browning. Obviously can't happen.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:20 pm
  • I wonder if he transfers again when my man Yankoff beats him out?
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:29 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:57 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I wonder if he transfers again when my man Yankoff beats him out?

Is Yankoff under the radar a bit? Usually most people discuss Sirmon as the lock. I hope Yankoff is great though and it becomes a win win situation.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:34 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I wonder if he transfers again when my man Yankoff beats him out?

Yankoff's good but remember Eason was a 5-star for a reason, AND now he has matured and will have another year to mature and practice in the system. Advantage Eason.
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:48 pm
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I wonder if he transfers again when my man Yankoff beats him out?

Is Yankoff under the radar a bit? Usually most people discuss Sirmon as the lock. I hope Yankoff is great though and it becomes a win win situation.

This is just one man's opinion, who has never seen either of them live, just based on highlights and what i've read about them in various places, but in my opinion Sirmon is one of those QB's that looks great in practice and looks the part. But Yankoff is the one who has "it" and is a gamer. I've heard from UW fans (i think on this very board, but i'm not going to take the time to go back and look) that its believed Sirmon is also about at his ceiling, but that Yankoff still has a lot to go.

The reason I like Yankoff more is because he's much more of an athlete. He's Jake Locker with much, much, much more refined QBing skills.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:17 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I wonder if he transfers again when my man Yankoff beats him out?

This is just one man's opinion, who has never seen either of them live, just based on highlights and what i've read about them in various places, but in my opinion Sirmon is one of those QB's that looks great in practice and looks the part. But Yankoff is the one who has "it" and is a gamer. I've heard from UW fans (i think on this very board, but i'm not going to take the time to go back and look) that its believed Sirmon is also about at his ceiling, but that Yankoff still has a lot to go.

The reason I like Yankoff more is because he's much more of an athlete. He's Jake Locker with much, much, much more refined QBing skills.

I 100% agree.... I think UW got a good one in Yankoff. Sirmon will do the transfer rollercoaster and end up at Middle Tennessee State or somewhere. He is WAY over hyped. Not sure what to make of Eason.. My bet is he gets beaten out and transfers out again.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:50 pm
  • One point I should make though...

So far I really haven't seen an "athletic" QB prosper under Peterson.

Drop back passers seem to be his thing, so we'll see how this pans out.

Another point... I don't think Peterson has ever had a QB on a talent level of any one of these three guys.

He's been doing what he's been doing with Browning type QB's his entire coaching career...
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:38 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:11 am
  • Anyone else think Eason has a weird/slow release?
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:37 am
  • A-Dog wrote:Anyone else think Eason has a weird/slow release?

Here he as a freshman, he winds up a little bit but the actual release is very quick.

He's doing it all here, running and not afraid of getting hit, throwing against the grain, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s_EYPmm5AM
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:42 pm
  • A-Dog wrote:Anyone else think Eason has a weird/slow release?

No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:44 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:I remember his freshman year and saw that he was from Lake Stevens and was thinking what are you doing in Georgia. I'm sure there is a story behind that and maybe it can be a win win with him and Fromm.

Oh wow. Nice call do you remember that Tony Eason,,,,, from Notre Dame? He is definitely Jacob's Dad.
    Notre Dame experience prepared Tony Eason for son’s recruitment at UGA

When I was doing research and saw his Dad's name was Tony I thought for sure then it was the QB from 83.

Spot on call. :2thumbs:

That is my absolute limit on NFL Tony Eason trivia knowledge. I thought the QB was his dad too. Then I read your link.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:53 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:

A name I don't need to hear.
    I hope you are right..
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:39 pm
  • They have four QBs named Jake and Haener isn't being talked about at all. He likely fits Peterson's QB mold better than any of the others. It will be interesting to watch the next few years.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:25 pm

• Good to see he has Jake Heaps and RW taking him under their wings. Plus his new OC is the brother of another Seahawk QB. :thumbup:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:35 am

8)
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]