Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ronald Jones II

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Ronald Jones II
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:55 am
  • https://youtu.be/D4YB4O9OR9c

    Of all the backs in the draft this year (outside of Barkley) this guy stands out. He is reportedly 210. A little light for the hawks but would love to see them ignore it and draft him.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3288
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:16 am
  • ImTheScientist wrote:https://youtu.be/D4YB4O9OR9c

    Of all the backs in the draft this year (outside of Barkley) this guy stands out. He is reportedly 210. A little light for the hawks but would love to see them ignore it and draft him.



    +1000 or Penny
    Seahawkwalt1967
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 189
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:38 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:26 am
  • :2thumbs: Yea, he's pretty good....
    TreeRon
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 63
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:48 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:34 am
  • ImTheScientist wrote:https://youtu.be/D4YB4O9OR9c

    Of all the backs in the draft this year (outside of Barkley) this guy stands out. He is reportedly 210. A little light for the hawks but would love to see them ignore it and draft him.


    He is listed at 200 and had to bulk up his senior year to get to that weight. It may have affected his speed also as he is now listed as a projected 4:55-40.

    Don't get me wrong, I really liked him at times but I'm not sure he is the big power back we are looking for.

    "Ronald Jones II*, RB, USC Height: 6-0. Weight: 200. Projected 40 Time: 4.55. Projected Round (2018): 2-3. 1/13/18: Jones ran really well for USC in 2017, showing more decisiveness and displaying more power after gaining weight ..."

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 174
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:16 pm
  • Ronald Jones is going to be very good for some team. He can get very skinny between the tackles and pick up positive yardage. Almost always makes first guy miss. Will not be caught by many defenders, even in NFL.

    I love the guy in the third.
    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2512
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:16 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:https://youtu.be/D4YB4O9OR9c

    Of all the backs in the draft this year (outside of Barkley) this guy stands out. He is reportedly 210. A little light for the hawks but would love to see them ignore it and draft him.


    He is listed at 200 and had to bulk up his senior year to get to that weight. It may have affected his speed also as he is now listed as a projected 4:55-40.

    Don't get me wrong, I really liked him at times but I'm not sure he is the big power back we are looking for.

    "Ronald Jones II*, RB, USC Height: 6-0. Weight: 200. Projected 40 Time: 4.55. Projected Round (2018): 2-3. 1/13/18: Jones ran really well for USC in 2017, showing more decisiveness and displaying more power after gaining weight ..."

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php


    Tape tells a very, very different story regarding his speed. Former track runner.
    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2512
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:20 pm
  • Looked plenty fast to me . The only defender to catch him as far as I could tell was #10 from UCLA. Maybe he's one of these guys like Emmett Smith that has "football speed."
    He's listed as 6" tall, he should be able to carry a few more pounds
    TreeRon
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 63
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:48 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:32 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:https://youtu.be/D4YB4O9OR9c

    Of all the backs in the draft this year (outside of Barkley) this guy stands out. He is reportedly 210. A little light for the hawks but would love to see them ignore it and draft him.


    He is listed at 200 and had to bulk up his senior year to get to that weight. It may have affected his speed also as he is now listed as a projected 4:55-40.

    Don't get me wrong, I really liked him at times but I'm not sure he is the big power back we are looking for.

    "Ronald Jones II*, RB, USC Height: 6-0. Weight: 200. Projected 40 Time: 4.55. Projected Round (2018): 2-3. 1/13/18: Jones ran really well for USC in 2017, showing more decisiveness and displaying more power after gaining weight ..."

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php


    Tape tells a very, very different story regarding his speed. Former track runner.


    The Combine will reveal what his true speed is. What concerned me was that he was listed as a 4.41 runner coming into college at 185 lbs and now is projected to be 4.55 at 200 lbs. Another thing to always consider is RB's from upper-tier schools run behind 4 and 5-star linemen. We shall see.
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 174
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:06 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:https://youtu.be/D4YB4O9OR9c

    Of all the backs in the draft this year (outside of Barkley) this guy stands out. He is reportedly 210. A little light for the hawks but would love to see them ignore it and draft him.


    He is listed at 200 and had to bulk up his senior year to get to that weight. It may have affected his speed also as he is now listed as a projected 4:55-40.

    Don't get me wrong, I really liked him at times but I'm not sure he is the big power back we are looking for.

    "Ronald Jones II*, RB, USC Height: 6-0. Weight: 200. Projected 40 Time: 4.55. Projected Round (2018): 2-3. 1/13/18: Jones ran really well for USC in 2017, showing more decisiveness and displaying more power after gaining weight ..."

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php


    Tape tells a very, very different story regarding his speed. Former track runner.


    The Combine will reveal what his true speed is. What concerned me was that he was listed as a 4.41 runner coming into college at 185 lbs and now is projected to be 4.55 at 200 lbs. Another thing to always consider is RB's from upper-tier schools run behind 4 and 5-star linemen. We shall see.


    Walterfootball is not an expert and his projections are nothing but pure guesswork.
    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2512
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:22 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    He is listed at 200 and had to bulk up his senior year to get to that weight. It may have affected his speed also as he is now listed as a projected 4:55-40.

    Don't get me wrong, I really liked him at times but I'm not sure he is the big power back we are looking for.

    "Ronald Jones II*, RB, USC Height: 6-0. Weight: 200. Projected 40 Time: 4.55. Projected Round (2018): 2-3. 1/13/18: Jones ran really well for USC in 2017, showing more decisiveness and displaying more power after gaining weight ..."

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php


    Tape tells a very, very different story regarding his speed. Former track runner.


    The Combine will reveal what his true speed is. What concerned me was that he was listed as a 4.41 runner coming into college at 185 lbs and now is projected to be 4.55 at 200 lbs. Another thing to always consider is RB's from upper-tier schools run behind 4 and 5-star linemen. We shall see.


    Walterfootball is not an expert and his projections are nothing but pure guesswork.


    Perhaps not, but I suspect they are privy to more information than you are AND the simple fact that they wrote "projected" 40-time is admitting that they are guessing. That does not mean that it is "pure" guesswork however.

    He may turn out to be the greatest pro running back of all time for all I know, all I am saying is that he needs to carry more weight to be the prototypical size running back that every pro team is looking for AND if that affects his speed significantly it will hurt his status. Not every athlete's frame carries weight well.

    Like I said, the combine, also not perfect, will tell a lot more about him. I think running back is one of the hardest positions to evaluate.
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 174
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Ronald Jones II
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:29 am

Re: Ronald Jones II
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:51 am
  • ImTheScientist wrote:https://youtu.be/D4YB4O9OR9c

    Of all the backs in the draft this year (outside of Barkley) this guy stands out. He is reportedly 210. A little light for the hawks but would love to see them ignore it and draft him.


    He absolutely stands out. He can bowl people over, but doesn't go out of his way to do so. He reminds me a little bit of Chris Carson Lite. Powerful, athletic runner that can carry a team (when healthy).

    Chris Carson can be a 1200+ a year running back. Add some receiving yards, and I see him as capable of 1,500+ yards from scrimmage.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 16870
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Ronald Jones II
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:30 am
  • I would much rather have Penny but I wouldn't be upset if they took him so long as Penny was not on the board when they did.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2563
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:33 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:I would much rather have Penny but I wouldn't be upset if they took him so long as Penny was not on the board when they did.


    It's a toss up for me. We have McKissic, but Penny, imho, is much better.


    The part that makes it so difficult for me, is Penney's former team mate, Donnel Pumphrey, was inactive at times for the Eagles. Yet Pumphrey had great stats in 2016, so good that Philadelphia traded up in the 4th round to pick him.

    "The Eagles traded up to acquire Pumphrey in the fourth round of April's NFL Draft and was the only player the team chose at the position.

    Prior to suffering the injury during practice, Pumphrey was inactive for Week 1 against the Washington Redskins, with rookie fourth-round pick Corey Clement was active for the game and made a special teams tackle.

    During the preseason, Pumphrey logged 26 carries for 49 yards, and caught 13 passes for 72 yards. "


    http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017 ... n_ham.html

    But, again, I think Penney is a better prospect that Pumphrey. And even though some think that San Diego State's scheme pumps up their RB stats, I don't think that's completely accurate. I think both of these guys are a talented pair, on a good team, similar to Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders (except not on that level).


    My love for Ronald Jones is his power, and the level of fatigue he will inflict on opposing defenses. Another player, imho, that he bears a resembleance to is Arizona's David Johnson. (Ever notice how some of the most talented players have the most "plain" names?). "DJ" is a little bigger, but I believe they both have running and receiving skills.

    Tough choice, but I imagine the board will dictate which one is available to us. And Rashard Penney will likely be the better value because of where he will fall in the draft.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 16870
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Ronald Jones II
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:30 pm
  • Other then Saquan Barkley my two favorite RBs are Jones and Sony Michel.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23647
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:23 am
  • Been seeing a few mocks with the hawks drafting him
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3288
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:03 am
  • My Top 5 RBs:
    #1 Saquon Barkley
    #2 Derrius Guice
    #3 Sony Michel
    #4 Myles Gaskin (if he declares)
    #5 Ronald Jones

    If Gaskin returns for his senior year, then I would squeeze Rashaad Penny in at #5. I have Royce Freeman behind them.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 214
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:26 am
  • hawknation2018 wrote:My Top 5 RBs:
    #1 Saquon Barkley
    #2 Derrius Guice
    #3 Sony Michel
    #4 Myles Gaskin (if he declares)
    #5 Ronald Jones

    If Gaskin returns for his senior year, then I would squeeze Rashaad Penny in at #5. I have Royce Freeman behind them.


    Gaskin is returning for his senior year.
    hawkman
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 48
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:59 am
  • hawkman wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:My Top 5 RBs:
    #1 Saquon Barkley
    #2 Derrius Guice
    #3 Sony Michel
    #4 Myles Gaskin (if he declares)
    #5 Ronald Jones

    If Gaskin returns for his senior year, then I would squeeze Rashaad Penny in at #5. I have Royce Freeman behind them.


    Gaskin is returning for his senior year.


    Gaskin might have a monumental year but he doesn't fit the prototypical power-back PC/JS are looking for.
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 174
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:01 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    hawkman wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:My Top 5 RBs:
    #1 Saquon Barkley
    #2 Derrius Guice
    #3 Sony Michel
    #4 Myles Gaskin (if he declares)
    #5 Ronald Jones

    If Gaskin returns for his senior year, then I would squeeze Rashaad Penny in at #5. I have Royce Freeman behind them.


    Gaskin is returning for his senior year.


    Gaskin might have a monumental year but he doesn't fit the prototypical power-back PC/JS are looking for.


    Completely agree.
    hawkman
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 48
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:55 pm

Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:11 pm
  • I'm just not sure about Guice. Nothing he does excites me.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 16870
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:26 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:Jones looks like a smaller Jaylen Samuels.

    This kid is 225 lbs and lined up at HB, FB, TE, and WR.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58KXly1PdBM


    hmm...sorry but I don't see that resemblance at all. Jones looks like Jamall Charles to me.

    I would rank the backs:
    Barkley
    Jones/Chubb
    Guice
    Freeman
    Sony


    I know they won't be drafted that way. But really hoping for Jones, Chubb or Freeman in this draft.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3288
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:03 pm
  • Would LOVE to get Samuels to replace Procise...and I like Procise. Similar in that they both have a wide skill set having played RB and WR. Samuels has incredible burst, great hands and perfect size. I don't know where he's projected but would love that pick.
    Seahawks-Blazers-Mariners-Ducks
    User avatar
    cheese22
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 247
    Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:25 pm
    Location: Oregon


Re: Ronald Jones II
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:36 am
  • ImTheScientist wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:Jones looks like a smaller Jaylen Samuels.

    This kid is 225 lbs and lined up at HB, FB, TE, and WR.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58KXly1PdBM


    hmm...sorry but I don't see that resemblance at all. Jones looks like Jamall Charles to me.

    I would rank the backs:
    Barkley
    Jones/Chubb
    Guice
    Freeman
    Sony


    I know they won't be drafted that way. But really hoping for Jones, Chubb or Freeman in this draft.


    Jones is the image of Charles, for sure.

    I don't think he was used in the passing game too much at USC, though. Not sure if it's a case that he can't, though.

    IMO we need a back that is available in the passing game.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 2080
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: Ronald Jones II
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:13 am
  • Man, the more I watch Jones the more I want him to be the pick. He runs so strong, makes defenders take poor angles, and breaks tackles so fluidly.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3779
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:41 am
  • original poster wrote:IMO we need a back that is available in the passing game.


    We just need a back that is available. To play. Like, at all.

    If Ronald Jones is that guy? Sure, great.
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2574
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm




It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests