Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Great new college football rule

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Great new college football rule
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:38 am
  • Was just approved. Kids will now be able to play in uo to 4 games during a season and retain their redshirt. I’d guess this will make some of the cupcake games at the start of the season more interesting as you’ll be able to see the future kids.

This could be huge for a team like the huskies who will have two freshman qbs they’d probably like to redshirt. Can get some mop up duties and see some game action but still retain their extra year of eligibility.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: Great new college football rule
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:52 am
  • Hey score one for common sense! I think this be interesting to see how this is taken advantage of. I know for example last year WSU really could of used a kid or two that was RS'ing especially on the linebacker core. But Leach ultimately chose a potential RW SR year as a 23-24 year old vs a RF year as a 18 year old.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:55 am

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:58 am
  • Red shirts are burned based upon an athlete's extreme ability or simply desperation owing to attrition, usually due to injuries. This rule change could alleviate a program's disadvantage based on nothing more than bad luck.
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:The NCAA is also supposedly looking into modifying the rule that requires a player to sit out a year if transferring from one FBS school to another.

https://www.fanragsports.com/rothstein- ... transfers/

Not sure I like this one, it could turn into a circus. Special circumstances, yes - carte blanche, no.
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:09 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:The NCAA is also supposedly looking into modifying the rule that requires a player to sit out a year if transferring from one FBS school to another.

That one I hate and pray they turn down. Seems like it will turn half the teams in college football into minor league teams for the Alabama, Clemson’s and Ohio states of the world.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:56 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:The NCAA is also supposedly looking into modifying the rule that requires a player to sit out a year if transferring from one FBS school to another.

That one I hate and pray they turn down. Seems like it will turn half the teams in college football into minor league teams for the Alabama, Clemson’s and Ohio states of the world.

Im with you. Look at how hoops teams take advantage of the grad transfer rule. This would be taken advantage of.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:51 pm
  • gowazzu02 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:The NCAA is also supposedly looking into modifying the rule that requires a player to sit out a year if transferring from one FBS school to another.

Im with you. Look at how hoops teams take advantage of the grad transfer rule. This would be taken advantage of.

Or if a coach is fired or leaves, nothing prevents him from taking players with him. I could see many scenarios where school A sees a player or 2 that they covet and offer a coach from school B more money if they bring certain players with them. It could create a whole new booster black market.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 4:23 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information