Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Myles Gaskin Returning to UW for Senior Year

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

  • Probably a good move for him.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 17491
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • Disagree what does he have left to prove? Why come back risk a down year, injury and get another year older with more wear.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2699
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • getnasty wrote:Disagree what does he have left to prove? Why come back risk a down year, injury and get another year older with more wear.


    You make a good point but a 4th round contract insurance policy won't be prohibitively expensive and being the all-time UW rushing leader in a town full of billionaire-owned companies doesn't hurt either.

    Other than that, it may just boil down to gambling there not being so many good backs in the draft next year.

    In either case it's great news for Husky fans with a four-year-starter QB and legitimate 1st rounder OT Trey Adams coming back too.
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 363
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • getnasty wrote:Disagree what does he have left to prove? Why come back risk a down year, injury and get another year older with more wear.



    I want him to do well at the NFL level but I feel there is a very good chance that being the all-time UW rushing leader is the best he can do. I hope I eat some Myles Gaskin NFL running back crow but I just don't see it. Too small and too slow by NFL standards.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1913
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


  • sdog1981 wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Disagree what does he have left to prove? Why come back risk a down year, injury and get another year older with more wear.



    I want him to do well at the NFL level but I feel there is a very good chance that being the all-time UW rushing leader is the best he can do. I hope I eat some Myles Gaskin NFL running back crow but I just don't see it. Too small and too slow by NFL standards.


    He may be a bit small by NFL standards but he runs a 4.50-40 and according to this article he would be the 8th fastest RB in the NFL. BTW, that is the exact same time as David Johnson who is considered the best all around back in the NFL.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2675 ... in-the-nfl
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 363
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • Seems like a huge mistake. I get that that is a loaded RB class, but there is literally nothing left for him to prove to NFL scouts and put on film. He’s done it all for 3 years. All he is doing now is putting more wear on the tires and risking catastrophic injury.
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


  • Bryce Love also returning for his senior season at Stanford. I think it’s a mistake for both of them. Even if you’re not going to be a first round pick, if you’re a running back, get to the nfl and get to that 2nd contract as quickly as possible before you put too much mileage on your legs.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23862
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • I think Gaskin will be a starter in the NFL some day. No weaknesses.
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6572
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


  • Something I don't see anyone bringing up about this is how much he loves college and playing college football. Not everything is about money all the time.
    User avatar
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1285
    Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm


  • DJrmb wrote:Something I don't see anyone bringing up about this is how much he loves college and playing college football. Not everything is about money all the time.



    Maybe,,, but a RBs shelf life is extremely small. If your the best of the best you see a clear finish line at age 30.

    With the NFL the generational wealth tipping point is contract number 2. Youre much more likely to receive that at 27 rather then 28.

    But Love and Gaskin knew all of this before they made their decision. The pac12 product as a whole benefits from these decisions even if both guys ultimately will hurt their future earnings. But education from preeminent universities helps off set some of that.....
    User avatar
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1645
    Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:32 am


  • gowazzu02 wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Something I don't see anyone bringing up about this is how much he loves college and playing college football. Not everything is about money all the time.



    Maybe,,, but a RBs shelf life is extremely small. If your the best of the best you see a clear finish line at age 30.

    With the NFL the generational wealth tipping point is contract number 2. Youre much more likely to receive that at 27 rather then 28.

    But Love and Gaskin knew all of this before they made their decision. The pac12 product as a whole benefits from these decisions even if both guys ultimately will hurt their future earnings. But education from preeminent universities helps off set some of that.....


    Perhaps, but if you can change a projected 4th round selection into a 2nd round pick that's going to be worth a couple of million. Rookie contracts are mandated by the CBA for four years so whatever you get you are stuck with for a long time. Will he be able to do that? Who knows, the Huskies are returning really good numbers on offense and defense. If he could get some addl exposure he might be able to improve his status. He certainly seems to think so.

    Regardless of the skepticism here, (mainly from opposing team's fans :stirthepot: ), I think he must have had some good advice along the way.
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 363
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • If he was projected as a 4th he could drop to UDFA real fast, that low in the draft after many have scooped up needs and better measurable they start looking at projects, 3rd down type backs can drop way down unless they have a special skill.

    Having the rushing record ahead of many great HB in UW is a good addition to a resume as well as being in a less stacked draft class.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24218
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:If he was projected as a 4th he could drop to UDFA real fast, that low in the draft after many have scooped up needs and better measurable they start looking at projects, 3rd down type backs can drop way down unless they have a special skill.

    Having the rushing record ahead of many great HB in UW is a good addition to a resume as well as being in a less stacked draft class.


    :ditto:
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 363
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • This is my first post on this board.... I think Miles made a good decision. There is more to life than living for the dollar. He is going to set UW records that will probably never be topped next year. On a team that if things go right could be playing for something special in January.

    Being in a situation like that in college is fun, and once it’s over it’s over. Playing pro ball is much more like a job, a well paying job. Miles will make millions in the next few years. Next year he gets to have fun and be a kid in paradise for another year, and that’s priceless!
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am


  • Image :229031_cheers:
    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 4590
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • KitsapGuy wrote:Image :229031_cheers:


    Thank you!
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am




It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests