Darrius Guise

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Should probably go in the Draft Forum. But I hope Derrius Guice is around at No. 18. He's a beast.

[youtube]m2LOimNkKqo[/youtube]

OP
OP
TreeRon

TreeRon

Reaction score
He runs hard and angry.
He can catch
He can block
He plays well against top competition
Will he be around at 18?
(The left guard and tackle for ND are skilled)

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Love this kid and as I'm sure the Seahawks do as well as he has the story they love, he overcame some terrible breaks. I mean aside from his nastiness and ability of course.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Guice is getting compared to Marshawn. I like the Steven Jackson comparison. They share a similar running style. I could see Guice falling in the draft due to injury concerns, but then having a long, productive career.

Derrius Guice, LSU
NFL comparsion: Marshawn Lynch

A nuanced but violent runner with underrated athleticism. That's one sentence to describe both Lynch and Guice. Between the tackles, each back routinely finds and slips through tiny cracks then lowers the boom on a second or third-level defender. Beyond that, good luck with arm-tackle attempts when facing these two. Down the field, Guice and Lynch have great but not elite speed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... mparisons/

hawknation2018

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Giphy

chris98251

Reaction score
Looks more like a Chris Warren Derrick, Fenner type runner, very upright runner. Has more lateral movement however then they did.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hard pass. Jones II, Chubb and Michel are all much better backs.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'm a big fan. Tough, tough runner with surprising speed, great vision and balance. The more I watch the more he shows he's the #2 RB in his class, IMO.

If there was a stat showing how many defenders it takes to tackle him, he'd be far away the #1 RB. On any given play, there might be seven different defenders putting a hand on him before he's down. He makes the defense work.

And there's this:
LSU product Derrius Guice faced a stacked box on an otherworldly 73 percent of his carries, by far most in the class. It didn't matter. Guice destroyed extra defensive attention in his sample of 95 collegiate carries, shredding opposing defenses for 5.88 Yards Created per attempt (third-best in the class).
https://www.fantasyguru.com/articles/ya ... cked-boxes

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We need a back capable of running through arm tackles in the backfield while our new staff works to break our linemen of learned bad habits and techniques.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I’m watching him as a guest on good am football right now and he is impressive interview. He is way more polished speaker than Marshawn but does have that confidence and quirk to his personality. Certainly his own dude but in a very likable way. I would be very happy to add him to our team.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but something about him bothers me. Might be his character, I worry about injury for him because he's not as thick as Marshawn and he'll likely try to emulate him instead of playing his own game.

And I just don't see the power that Lynch had. Guice can make a hard hit, but so could Rawls. It's making that hard hit, then powering a group of tacklers forward that made Marshawn special. Just don't see that kind of power with Guice.

chris98251

Reaction score
ivotuk":yzpdqqxl said:
I don't know what it is, but something about him bothers me. Might be his character, I worry about injury for him because he's not as thick as Marshawn and he'll likely try to emulate him instead of playing his own game.

And I just don't see the power that Lynch had. Guice can make a hard hit, but so could Rawls. It's making that hard hit, then powering a group of tacklers forward that made Marshawn special. Just don't see that kind of power with Guice.

Can you see any RB running straight up so they don't hit someone with a glancing blow with their helmet and gain yards?

This is a issue that is going to either make things impossible or create a redefined rule of helmet contact. Lynch lowered his shoulder and leg drive and movement kept him going as with other power backs. stand up runners need holes and a good move.

original poster

Reaction score
The guy has got amber flags all over him.

You just have to go through his social media to see it, it's all there.

Guys a fool. Certainly doesn't respect women, that's for sure.

Latest posts