Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Oregon lost to ASU.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Oregon lost to ASU.
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:37 pm
  • :D
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Re: Oregon lost to ASU.
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:43 pm
  • Wow.....just when I gave them some props. They go being ducky again.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:47 pm
  • UW and WSU are the last undefeated teams in the Pac-12 North.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:39 pm
  • Offense was horrible in the first half.

K'neal Harry is a man amongst boys. 3rd and 27 just throw a prayer up to him and he comes down with it.

Herbert totally melted down and choked the final drive.

This is what the ducks will be this year. They'll beat some teams they're supposed to lose to and lose to some teams they're supposed to beat. Still a lot of learning strengths and weaknesses from the new coaching staff.

After the way this game started last years team would have quit and gotten steamrolled. This years team fought the whole game, just had some execution problems.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:07 am
  • Fork 'em Devils
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:04 am
  • Northwest teams always struggle in the desert no matter how bad the devils or wildcats might be.

It really is a huge climate shift...even if it's not 110 degrees down here, going from 80% humidity to 10% humidity throws the body out of whack. It dehydrates you faster than you can imagine. You can tell a kid to stay hydrated and they nod and say yes, but what they do is wait until game time and then start drinking water, and by that point they're playing catch up and it's too late.

Muscles cramp, you have less energy, and response times are slower. That's why visiting teams from the NW always seem to look a bit sluggish in desert games.

A coach needs to tell those players to start hydrating 24 hours before game time. People sitting at a desk down here in the desert require 72 oz of water per day. An athlete going into a football game should have 120oz of water in the 24 hours before kickoff and stay away from caffeinated beverages, sodium, et. and they'd play better, but nobody seems to have that figured out yet, so the Huskies, Ducks, Cougars, and Beavs -- all those teams used to a wet, cool climate come down here and play their worst games of the season.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:59 pm
  • Wait... it was the weather?

Damn.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:30 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Wait... it was the weather?

Damn.

No, it was lack of hydration coupled with boneheaded miscues. Too many Ducks players drinking alcohol the night before the game, which is exactly what you DO NOT WANT to do in the desert.

NW teams lay eggs in the desert every year, and I'm explaining why, so try to keep up.

Like last year when the Huskies, a college playoff team, the #3 or #4 team in the nation, depending on who you ask, went down to Tucson and played the Wildcats, the worst team in the Pac 12 and probably one of the worst 20 worst programs in Division one, and the Huskies needed OT to beat them....

Like when the Cougars last year went down to Tempe and almost just did what Oregon just pulled... they damn near lost to the 2nd worst team in the Pac 12 last year even though they were 30 points better.

Someone needs to clue in the Huskies, because they have a game down there in 2 weeks. Coach needs to tell his players to stay away from the beer and drinks the night before and hydrate well before the game. They do that, they blow ASU off the field, they don't they could end up running into the same damn problem they always do.

It would suck to piss away the season because of something so basic and simple.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:11 am
  • Well... as a graduate of ASU, I think your reasoning is skewed.

So, trying to "keep up".. you are suggesting the Ducks of being poorly managed by the coaching staff by a. not being properly hydrated. b. drinking alcohol before the game (where did this come from) and c. not being properly coached on how to properly handle the weather (if that was a factor).

By the way... it was 66 degrees at kickoff. Hardly a crippling heat. I'd suggest there were a number of games across the US played in far warmer temps.

It's a strange take. I think teams struggle away from home regardless of where they go. ASU rarely plays home games before sunset.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:14 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Well... as a graduate of ASU, I think your reasoning is skewed.

So, trying to "keep up".. you are suggesting the Ducks of being poorly managed by the coaching staff by a. not being properly hydrated. b. drinking alcohol before the game (where did this come from) and c. not being properly coached on how to properly handle the weather (if that was a factor).

By the way... it was 66 degrees at kickoff. Hardly a crippling heat. I'd suggest there were a number of games across the US played in far warmer temps.

It's a strange take. I think teams struggle away from home regardless of where they go. ASU rarely plays home games before sunset.

It's one thing to argue into banality for the sake of it, or to misrepresent what I said or flat out ignore my key point, it's another to make up fibs.

Anyone who graduated from ASU ought to know that it is NEVER 66 degrees in Phoenix in September, never never effing ever.

You won't see a 66 degree kickoff in Phoenix until freaking December... We often don't even see 66 down here in Tucson until well after Halloween. Maybe in mid October you would see 66 degrees if they kicked off at 3:00 in the morning. =P Seriously, I can't even believe you tried to land that one. Go check the overnight low for Phoenix on the date of the game and I bet you get something in the mid 70's range. It was probably 90 something that day and around 85 degrees at kickoff, with the usual ten percent humidity.

I repeat, hydration is always an issue for teams that visit AZ from northern climates.

End of story, end of point.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:23 pm
  • Yea, I don't think weather had anything to do with it. Asu's qb was just on fire, especially in the first half. The Sun Devils played their best game of the year, and the Ducks didn't play very well in areas where they usually do.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:59 pm
  • Z Man.. check the weather. (I did) The High was 83 on 9/23 (according to Accuweather). Low said 61. I split the difference for a 9pm kickoff (knowing the hottest part of the day in September is around 2pm and the coldest about 4am... I did live there for awhile. Yes.. I was surprised at that temp when I looked it up. Maybe it's wrong. It's certainly hotter now. But there was a noticeable snap that week. Even if it was 75.. that's not a factor.

I understand the importance of hydration. I played college sports and raced bikes down there. But youre spinning yourself in circles right now.

In the end I don't really care.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:01 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    Someone needs to clue in the Huskies, because they have a game down there in 2 weeks. Coach needs to tell his players to stay away from the beer and drinks the night before and hydrate well before the game. They do that, they blow ASU off the field, they don't they could end up running into the same damn problem they always do.

It would suck to piss away the season because of something so basic and simple.

See?

But you know so much.. because you visited here a few times.

JSeahawks wrote:Yea, I don't think weather had anything to do with it. Asu's qb was just on fire, especially in the first half. The Sun Devils played their best game of the year, and the Ducks didn't play very well in areas where they usually do.

It's not the weather, it's the HUMIDITY. You don't know shit about this because you haven't lived in this for 15 years.

It's 5 to 10% humidity down here right now. Do you know how freaking dry that is? It's 3 applications of burts bees on your lips every day because your lips will split and crack open and bleed as if you are standing on a mountaintop in 50 knot winds. If you look at my hands right now, my fingernails are bleeding and split all down the sides -- it's dry as an effing bone. It's always this way in late September/October here and in southern Cal.

I'm drinking 80 ounces of water a day and still having problems trying to get in my laps in the pool because I dehydrate so fast, and I'm not going out and playing a damn football game.

And every stinking year NW teams and their dumbass players come down here and lay eggs because they don't hydrate. Look at the career record of NW teams playing down here in the desert .. it's been going on for 40 YEARS. Same shit, different day, and nobody ever learns.

The local players and coaches laugh about it. They laugh at your players, your dumb coaches, and you the fans for not understanding something so basic.

It's so predictable, they gameplan for it... they run deep routes, not to complete them, but to cramp up the defensive backs... all the time yucking it up and talking about how the Huskies, or Ducks, or Beavers, or Cougars or Cardinals won't properly hydrate for the game, and they'll be slow and get worn down. It's the first thing I was told when I moved down here. "Sorry dude, your team may be better, but they won't win in the desert... especially the Huskies, those kids just don't understand that they need to drink a shit ton of water before the game."

They even have segments on it here in Tucson sports radio.

No matter how bad ASU or UA are in any give season, you can count on a better NW team coming down here and sucking ass and losing. When something happens once, you can discount it, but no. How many times has a vastly superior northwest team blown their season down here in the desert to a last place team... the stats are nothing short of astonishing.

You know what two coaches from Seattle talked about this?

Don James and Chip Kelly. James learned after a dozen years of losing down here to bad teams. After that he only lost when the Arizona teams were as good or better than the Huskies.

Chip Kelly interviewed here on the radio and talked about how he pounds it into the heads of his players the importance of STAYING HYDRATED in AZ games, even in late November, because it's so bone dry.

But I guess Chip Kelly was just "spinning in circles".
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:16 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information