Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ok you are the GM - do you dare go on the record?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Here is the premise for this since opinions about the draft are so split

Everyone gets to make a pick at the spot where Seattle selected. You get to pick someone left on the board at that time. You cannot trade up (sorry) but you could elect not to trade down where Seattle did but then you forfeit the pick they added in the deal. Sorry but it would be impossible to handle imaginary trade-up scenarios

Put all the expert opinions here and then we look at it at the end of the year and again a year later. Any interest?

I think easiest if it goes like this. Copy and past the below then revise for your selections

26th Pick Seattle traded down to 31 plus 95th & 249th

I do the same and get the 95th plus 249th plus below / I select XXXXX

31st pick Seattle traded down to 34th plus 111th ONLY IF YOU TRADED DOWN

I do the same / I select XXXXX

I trade down from 34th to 35 / I select XXXXX ONLY IF YOU TRADED DOWN

Round 2, Pick 3 (No. 35 overall) ONLY IF YOU TRADED DOWN
    I select Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State / I select XXXXX

Round 2, Pick 26 (No. 58)
    I select Ethan Pocic, C, LSU / I select XXXXXXX

Round 3, Pick 26 (No. 90)
    I select Shaquill Griffin, DB, UCF / I select XXXXX

Round 3, Pick 31 (No. 95) NOTE ONLY IF YOU TRADED DOWN

I select Delano Hill, S, Michigan / I select XXXXX

Round 3, Pick 38 (No. 102)

I select Nazair Jones, DT, Tarholes / I select XXXXX

Round 3, Pick 42 (No. 106)

I select Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan / I select XXXXXX

Round 4, Pick 4 (No. 111) ONLY IF YOU MOVED DOWN
    I select Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado / I select XXXXXX

Round 6, Pick 3 (No. 187)
    I select Michael Tyson, S, Cincinnati / I select XXXXXX

Round 6, Pick 26 (No. 210)
    I select Justin Senior, OT, MIssissippi State / I select XXXXXX

Round 7, Pick 8 (No. 226)
    I select David Moore, WR, East Central (Oklahoma) / I select XXXXXX

Round 7, Pick 31 (No. 249) ONLY IF YOU TRADED DOWN
    I select Christopher Carson, RB, Oklahoma State / I select XXXXXX

Sorry for any typos. Did this from the phone which was a pain. Will clean it up in the morning

Let's see what Super teams we can put together and hopefully Schneider beats us all

ALSO PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN TO YOUR PICKS. NOT A LOT OF BACK AND FORTH PLEASE AS THAT IS GOING ON EVERYWHERE ELSE
    Last edited by mikeak on Tue May 02, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Re: Ok you are the GM
Tue May 02, 2017 3:56 am
  • I'd trade our first pick for Julio Jones, our second and third pick to move up to #4 to snag Leonard Fournette, then I'd trade our next three picks for Trent Williams. I'd take the real Mike Tyson with the next pick and finish it off with Malik Mcdowell in the 7th because he sucks and would have been available there anyways. All the leftover picks I'd trade for some hot pockets.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Tue May 02, 2017 6:30 am
  • Okay, I'll bite.

I would have traded down to 31 to get the Falcons extra picks, but would have stopped there -- and grabbed Cam Robinson at OT. Kid was a five-star coming out of HS and delivered on national championship teams. NFL-ready, big body, big-time player. In round 2 I would have picked Chidobe Awuzie at CB. That fills the main needs with quality talent who can step in right now.

I'm okay with most of the other picks, although I doubt I would have taken three safeties. Maybe pass on Tyson and taken a QB, given Boykin's uncertain status. At that stage you're not going to get a Peyton Manning, but someone who can step in in an emergency. I always liked Sefo Lieufau of Colorado, 4 year starter, good leader, good runner, good arm, not perfect certainly.

I also might have passed on David Moore, not sure we needed to draft two more WRs, plus I think Moore could have been available as an UDFA. I would have added an OLB there.

My two cents. Have at it.
    Tusc2000
    NET Rookie

Tue May 02, 2017 7:34 am
  • Tusc2000 wrote:Okay, I'll bite.

I would have traded down to 31 to get the Falcons extra picks, but would have stopped there -- and grabbed Cam Robinson at OT. Kid was a five-star coming out of HS and delivered on national championship teams. NFL-ready, big body, big-time player. In round 2 I would have picked Chidobe Awuzie at CB. That fills the main needs with quality talent who can step in right now.

I'm okay with most of the other picks, although I doubt I would have taken three safeties. Maybe pass on Tyson and taken a QB, given Boykin's uncertain status. At that stage you're not going to get a Peyton Manning, but someone who can step in in an emergency. I always liked Sefo Lieufau of Colorado, 4 year starter, good leader, good runner, good arm, not perfect certainly.

I also might have passed on David Moore, not sure we needed to draft two more WRs, plus I think Moore could have been available as an UDFA. I would have added an OLB there.

Cam Robinson will bust i am very confident in that fact.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Tue May 02, 2017 9:10 am
  • gowazzu02 wrote:
    Tusc2000 wrote:Okay, I'll bite.

Cam Robinson will bust i am very confident in that fact.

The point of this thread is to find out at the end of the season. There are 100 other threads to judge the picks in right now

Tusc2000 - thanks for noting your picks
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Tue May 02, 2017 9:21 am
  • I am going to change it up mainly for the fun of it and hoping I am wrong (I am really really starting to like the Malik McDowell pick)

26th Pick
    I pick Takkarist McKinley

Round 2, Pick 26 (No. 58)
    I select Dawkins, Dion

Round 3, Pick 26 (No. 90)
    I select Shaquill Griffin, DB, UCF

I will stick with the rest except I will grab Tedric at 106 since I don't have the 111 pick
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Tue May 02, 2017 1:42 pm
  • I'm not going to make many changes, for fear of ripping a hole in the space time continuum. I would have grabbed a highly regarded combo safety in the 2nd, instead of the Pocic. Then with safety already addressed I would have double dipped at CB and waited until the 4th to grab a guard. I would have loved to see Zane Gonzalez in the 6th. Oh, and I think the Pats took a better tackle prospect just after us in the 6th.

034 - McDowell
    058 - Josh Jones, S, NC State <- change
    090 - Griffin
    095 - Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson <- change
    102 - Jones
    106 - Darboh
    111 - Dorian Johnson, G, Pittsburgh <- change
    187 - Zane Gonzalez, K, AZ State <- change
    210 - Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA <- change
    226 - Moore
    249 - Carson
    naholmes
    NET Starter

Tue May 02, 2017 4:12 pm
  • 1. King or Obi at #31.

2. Package 2, 3 or even 4 of our 3rd Rd. picks with our #58 for a quality 2nd rounder.
    When a person is dead, he doesn't know he's dead .. Same goes for being stupid.
    chet380
    NET Veteran

Tue May 02, 2017 4:19 pm
  • chet380 wrote:1. King or Obi at #31.

2. Package 2, 3 or even 4 of our 3rd Rd. picks with our #58 for a quality 2nd rounder.

:pukeface:
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran

Tue May 02, 2017 5:50 pm
  • chet380 wrote:1. King or Obi at #31.

Dan Snyder would love you as well as Stan Kroenke,

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue May 02, 2017 6:51 pm
  • This is a great idea. Thanks for doing this mikeak.

A couple very minor issues for your consideration. First, how are we scoring this? When I win, I want to have proof that I won. And second, I hate to nitpick, but would you consider changing the title of the thread to “Put up or Shut up”. I’m sure it won’t silence the universal critics sitting around in their mamma’s basement bombarding the board with incessant negativity, but it may at least antagonize one of them into posting their own uninformed (I believe that’s the proper term for using Mel Kiper’s big board to build a draft) Seahawks draft.

My Seahawks Draft:
    35 Malik McDowell
    58 Jordan Willis
    90 Shaq Griffin
    95 Delano Hill
    102 Naziar Jones
    106 Amara Darboah
    111 Carl Lawson
    187 Isaac Asiata
    210 Jalen Myrick
    226 Jadar Johnson
    249 Chris Carson
    Sun Tzu
    NET Rookie

Tue May 02, 2017 7:42 pm
  • 2nd DL Malik McDowell
    2nd SS Josh Jones
    3rd CB Shaq Griffin
    3rd CB Rasul Douglas
    3rd DT Naz Jones
    3rd SLB/DE Carl Lawson
    4th FS Tedric Thompson
    6th DB Xavier Woods
    6th DT Elijah Qualls
    7th RB Matt Breida
    7th WR Ishmael Zamora

Gonna roll the dice with Fant, Joeckel, Britt, Glowinski, Ifedi, Odhiambo + co try to sign Ryan Clady, Orlando Franklin, Cyrus Kouandjio or Austin Pasztor if healthy and the price is right for added depth/competition.

Would be happy with either one DT of Naz Jones, Jaleel Johnson or Caleb Brantley in the late 3rd/early 4th.

40 edits lol. For the first time I actually spent time looking into players from the draft, mainly because of homework/studying procrastination, but it was kind of fun using my (very) limited football knowledge trying to project the best players who would best fit.
    Last edited by massari on Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 43 times in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Sun - changed title but something slightly less inflammatory than you suggested :)

Scoring. Hadn't planned on it more a subjective discussion in a year but here is an idea. What source would be the best for objective ranking? Just use that as a point system and least points win and 100pts or similar for players not making it
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• 31. Ramcyzk - don't trade down give the Niners another possibly great player who the Saints were taking next pick.

I use one 3rd rounder to move up ahead of the Raider and take Obi between 50 and 55. I think if they still want Pocic they could get him in the third pretty much everything else can leave the same. If Fant becomes a franchise LT which is an enormous if then Ramcyzk could easily play RT. I wanted Obi bad his physical profile is absurd and he could learn under both Kam and Earl. I don't think Ramcyzk is going to be the next Joe Thomas I do think he will be a top 15 tackle in the league for years which is a hell of a lot better than what we currently have on either side.

Other than that take who they took I guess would have to drop a few picks but I think it's worth it to get two potential massive difference makers.

I probably would have dropped Darbough Senior and Moore I think Moore could be gotten as a UDFA and I like Carson a lot. I just don't see a need for Darbough I think Tanner and Prich can take Kearse's snaps.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

• I decided to only allow myself the options of accepting trades we did complete. Because we can't force other teams to accept moves up (and we tried in R5 according to JS). So basically have to stand pat or accept what deals were known to actually be available.

It were me:

31: Kevin King (CB Wash)
    58: Chris Wormley (DT Michigan)
    90: John Johnson (S Boston College)
    95: Jake Butt (TE Michigan)
    102: Vince Biegel (LB Wisconsin)
    106: Dorian Johnson (OG Pitt)
    (no 111)
    187: Conor McDermott (OT UCLA)
    210: Zane Gonzalez (umm.. Blair Walsh remember?!)
    226: Elijiah Hood (RB NC

I'd probably have stood pat and tried to get Naz Jones at 106 instead of Johnson. Jones probably gets that far.

I hope that Pocic significantly distinguishes himself from the tier 3 OL group. I had him kind of in the back of that group (Johnson/McDermott/Siragusa/Garcia).
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I would've stayed where we were at 31 and taken King. It's just me, as I have a man crush on him, but I'd like him better than Griffin.

So now we don't need Griffin pick. I'd move up to grab McDowell in the 2nd.

Use the Griffin pick on Pocic, as he'd likely still be there in the top of the 3rd.

After that I like our draft, and I'd be ok with losing most anyone else other than Delano Hill to have gotten King. We'd have the picks to do it. I like the Thompson pick, but not sure he's going to stick. We've never carried 5 safeties and with Earl, Kam, McDougald, Delano Hill, how is he going to crack the line up?

Carson could've been grabbed as an UDFA. Package all the lower stuff up, move up in the 2nd, and go get McDowell.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Hawks46 wrote:I would've stayed where we were at 31 and taken King. It's just me, as I have a man crush on him, but I'd like him better than Griffin.

So now we don't need Griffin pick. I'd move up to grab McDowell in the 2nd.

Use the Griffin pick on Pocic, as he'd likely still be there in the top of the 3rd.

After that I like our draft, and I'd be ok with losing most anyone else other than Delano Hill to have gotten King. We'd have the picks to do it. I like the Thompson pick, but not sure he's going to stick. We've never carried 5 safeties and with Earl, Kam, McDougald, Delano Hill, how is he going to crack the line up?

Carson could've been grabbed as an UDFA. Package all the lower stuff up, move up in the 2nd, and go get McDowell.

Hawks46 -- you nailed it!!
    When a person is dead, he doesn't know he's dead .. Same goes for being stupid.
    chet380
    NET Veteran

• I think I wanted some sort of trade up as well. I mean GB wanted to deal their pick.......it would have been more of an homage to local fan base to select king, budda baker, etc..no doubt mcdowell was a great pick, but the ammo was there to select top rated ol or cb, or safety. Pocic was such a reach on top of that.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Top rated O line in this draft was a third rounder in other years, the meat was DB's and the difference between King and Griffin is minimal in my book but a whole lot in salary and possible second contract.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• As much as I had a different opinion during the draft itself, it's much harder to put together a better draft for us even knowing who went where. They fortified depth and potential elite talent at positions that killed us last year. Was not a fan of McDowell and preferred Demarcus Walker over him but I understand the logic to the pick and hope he turns into the stud his body says he can be. Other than that the only players I wanted were Jake Butt(Zach Miller 2.0),Vince Biegel & Zane Gonzales in rd 6.

We won't know for a while how this class will pan out but I give JS & PC an A for having a plan and executing it. Now it's just getting it to look as good on the field as it does in theory on paper. Job well done boys. :D
    penihawk
    NET Veteran

• Where are all the negative Nancy's at?
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Fun!

Round 2, Pick 3 (No. 35 overall): Forrest Lamp | OG, Western Kentucky. With Robinson and King going in picks 33 and 34 - I figure I've pressed my luck as much as I dare, and I take Lamp. Note that I would have taken McDowell here based solely on his scouting reports, but I'm less of a fan of his film than virtually everyone else (but hey, what the hell do I know???)

Round 2, Pick 26 (No. 58): Chidobe Awuzie | CB, Colorado. I'd like to go DL here, but Awuzie is probably the best player available here, and is still at a position of need. I do like Pocic quite a bit, but I worry that he is a pretty pure C, and wouldn't have gone that direction.

Round 3, Pick 26 (No. 90): Shaquill Griffin | CB, UCF. The board fought me here. Again, I'd like to go DL, but the DL talent is pretty well picked over, and Griffin is my BPA (especially in our system). With Awuzie already selected, this is largely a luxury pick - but that's what trading down buys ya!

Round 3, Pick 31 (No. 95): Trey Hendrickson | DE, Florida Atlantic. I don't love Hendrickson, but I feel pretty pressured to add a pass-rusher to the DL. Hill is actually higher on my BPA list, but I can't justify 3 DBs in a row...

Round 3, Pick 38 (No. 102): Dorian Johnson | OG, Pittsburgh. I go back to the OL here, and get a player who probably has a legit shot at winning the LT battle. Granted, that says more about our LT situation than about Johnson as a player...

Round 3, Pick 42 (No. 106): Nazair Jones, DT, Tarholes. I didnt take him at 102, and he magically fell to 106! Yahoo!!!

Round 4, Pick 4 (No. 111): Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado. There is probably better value at WR, and I'd rather go OLB, but I can't pass up Thompson here - especially with Awuzie on board.

Round 6, Pick 3 (No. 187): Pita Taumoepenu | OLB, Utah. Not a great player, but an athletic OLB. Maybe too early for him, and maybe I'm forcing this a bit...

Round 6, Pick 26 (No. 210): Elijah Qualls | DT, Washington. Fun!

Round 7, Pick 8 (No. 226) David Moore, WR, East Central (Oklahoma). OK

Round 7, Pick 31 (No. 249) Christopher Carson, RB, Oklahoma State. But, I draft him to play OL.

It's worth noting that when it's all said and done, I think I prefer the actual draft to my draft. It's also really helpful to have all of those extra picks...
    Remembering rookies will play like rookies, since 2012.
    JerHawk81
    NET Veteran

• JerHawk81 - Nice post! following original rules (not nitpicking the ones that didn't and for the sake of participating ignoring the minor upwards trade that others did).

Just need to give it 9 months and we will have a season of data to compare too. I think we all hope that the actual draft beat alternatives that we proposed
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Attyla the Hawk wrote:I decided to only allow myself the options of accepting trades we did complete. Because we can't force other teams to accept moves up (and we tried in R5 according to JS). So basically have to stand pat or accept what deals were known to actually be available.

It were me:

31: Kevin King (CB Wash)
    58: Chris Wormley (DT Michigan)
    90: John Johnson (S Boston College)
    95: Jake Butt (TE Michigan)
    102: Vince Biegel (LB Wisconsin)
    106: Dorian Johnson (OG Pitt)
    (no 111)
    187: Conor McDermott (OT UCLA)
    210: Zane Gonzalez (umm.. Blair Walsh remember?!)
    226: Elijiah Hood (RB NC

I'd probably have stood pat and tried to get Naz Jones at 106 instead of Johnson. Jones probably gets that far.

I hope that Pocic significantly distinguishes himself from the tier 3 OL group. I had him kind of in the back of that group (Johnson/McDermott/Siragusa/Garcia).

Pretty strong draft here.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:Sun - changed title but something slightly less inflammatory than you suggested :)

Scoring. Hadn't planned on it more a subjective discussion in a year but here is an idea. What source would be the best for objective ranking? Just use that as a point system and least points win and 100pts or similar for players not making it

As far as scoring Profootball Reference (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/y ... /draft.htm) has an Aproximate Value quotation given to each player at the end of the year.

Add up the Seahawks draft, add up your draft, the highest total wins.

This means you’ll need to select a player for every slot the Seahawks drafted at and if you choose not to trade down or try to trade up you’ll be at a slight disadvantage. But then that is the premises here, which gives a team the most valued draft, fewer quality players or more quantity.

Bare in mind kickers and punters get discounted as they only play part time, they can’t put a value on training, developing, or “redshirting” a player, and it tends to over value skill players that have more comparable statistics.

For example Richard Sherman received an AV of 5 his rookie year even though he played in all 16 games and started in 10. The next year he was an All Pro with an AV of 18. Rick Mirer had an AV of 10 his rookie year, but progressed downward from there on, meaning rookie grades may not tell the entire story.

Even so, while not a perfect scoring system and one rookie year may not be be the best value sample, it is an unbiased third party that places a qualitative number on every player drafted...
    "Est autem fides credere quod nondum vides; cuius fidei merces est videre quod credis."
    Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
    (St. Augustine of Hippo)

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."
    (“Ovid”)
    FidelisHawk
    NET Starter

• Profootball reference it is - thanks for the breakdown!
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:Top rated O line in this draft was a third rounder in other years, the meat was DB's and the difference between King and Griffin is minimal in my book but a whole lot in salary and possible second contract.

I seriously hope you're right. I like the Griffin pick where they got him, don't get me wrong, but I loved King. It has nothing to do with his being a Husky and more to do with him having elite physical measurables and size that is comparable to Sherman's but add 10 lbs.

Imagine a heavier, faster, quicker Richard Sherman with way better college tape. Also envision what the Seahawks have managed to do with long CB's. I thought King was more polished than Rasul Douglas and that tier of long rangy CB's. I loved the McDowell pick, as I think it was very underrated, but I'd be willing to be everything in my bank account that if King was there at that pick that the Hawks select him over McDowell.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Tue May 09, 2017 3:16 pm
  • Sun Tzu wrote:This is a great idea. Thanks for doing this mikeak.

A couple very minor issues for your consideration. First, how are we scoring this? When I win, I want to have proof that I won. And second, I hate to nitpick, but would you consider changing the title of the thread to “Put up or Shut up”. I’m sure it won’t silence the universal critics sitting around in their mamma’s basement bombarding the board with incessant negativity, but it may at least antagonize one of them into posting their own uninformed (I believe that’s the proper term for using Mel Kiper’s big board to build a draft) Seahawks draft.

My Seahawks Draft:
    35 Malik McDowell
    58 Jordan Willis
    90 Shaq Griffin
    95 Delano Hill
    102 Naziar Jones
    106 Amara Darboah
    111 Carl Lawson
    187 Isaac Asiata
    210 Jalen Myrick
    226 Jadar Johnson
    249 Chris Carson

Asiata was already gone by pick #187. :(

6 of our first 7 picks are the same. ;)
    massari
    NET Veteran

Tue May 09, 2017 5:28 pm
  • massari wrote:
    Sun Tzu wrote:This is a great idea. Thanks for doing this mikeak.

My Seahawks Draft:
    35 Malik McDowell
    58 Jordan Willis
    90 Shaq Griffin
    95 Delano Hill
    102 Naziar Jones
    106 Amara Darboah
    111 Carl Lawson
    187 Isaac Asiata
    210 Jalen Myrick
    226 Jadar Johnson
    249 Chris Carson

Asiata was already gone by pick #187. :(

6 of our first 7 picks are the same. ;)

Damn, that wrecks my whole draft. I thought Asiata went 194 giving me the steal of day 3.
    I could drop Nazair or Darboah and take Nico Siragusa, Dorian Johnson, or Asiata there, but I think Darboah is going to surprise and I'm sure Pete has a plan for Nazair. So, that leaves finding a decent round 6 OL (probably not happening this draft), putting Mike Tyson back in or grabbing DJ Jones, another DL. I'm pretty sure if I was calling the shots we'd have at least a half dozen too many D-Linemen in camp every year and someone on here would be making a joke about another safety conversion project every time a new DT is signed/drafted (seriously, am I the only one who wants to see a 310 pound FS take some diva WR's head off on a crossing route?).
    35 Malik McDowell
    58 Jordan Willis
    90 Shaq Griffin
    95 Delano Hill
    102 Naziar Jones
    106 Amara Darboah
    111 Carl Lawson
    187 DJ Jones
    210 Jalen Myrick
    226 Jadar Johnson
    249 Chris Carson
    Sun Tzu
    NET Rookie

• Not too many willing to go on the record, I see.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• 34 RT Cam Robinson
    58 LG Taylor Moton
    90 CB Shaquille Griffin
    95 CB Rasul Douglas
    102 SLB/LEO Vince Biegel
    106 FS Tedric Thompson
    111 RB Joe Williams
    210 DT Elijah Qualls
    226 DT Stevie Tu'ikolovatu
    249 DE Hunter Dimick

My initial instinct was about fixing the immediate problems in the hopes of a Super Bowl run.

I would have given Cam Robinson a chance to win the LT job, but more likely he would have found a home at RT, forming a massive combo of Ifedi-Robinson on the right side.

Taylor Moton could have played a number of positions. If Robinson had stuck at LT, Moton probably would be our starter at RT. Otherwise, I think Moton would have slid inside and started admirably at LG for four years. Robinson and Moton would have greatly improved the quality of talent along our most-maligned position group.

I would have stuck with Shaquille Griffin as a boundary corner, but I would have hedged our bets by taking Rasul Douglas next. Douglas fights for the ball like Richard Sherman did.

Vince Biegel would have solidified our holes at SLB and LEO.

Joe Williams has All-Pro potential, which is the kind of RB we should be drafting.

With the last three picks, I would have focused on adding DL depth. Qualls has a high ceiling as a 3T. Tu'ikolovatu was the best run stopper in college football last year. And Hunter Dimick doesn't really fit our scheme, but I just love the guy's attitude and tenacity. I would have tried him at the 5T.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2017 wrote:Joe Williams has All-Pro potential, which is the kind of RB we should be drafting.

Joe Williams' UDFA teammate Matt Breida would've been nice as well.

Among running backs with at least 200 carries in 2015, Breida’s 60.3 percent breakaway percentage – measuring the percentage of rushing yardage earned on runs of 15 yards or more – trailed only Florida State’s Dalvin Cook (62.9 percent).
    Breida’s 3.61 yards after contact per attempt in 2015 ranked eighth out of 51 qualifying running backs, just below Leonard Fournette (3.65) and ahead of top 2016 prospects Ezekiel Elliott (3.54) and Derrick Henry (3.38).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-49 ... tt-breida/

Last edited by massari on Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 7 times in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• In the first round I'd take Kevin King. And saying that I think the guy's Seattle got for the CB /DB position will be fine.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Curious what people see in Vince Biegel to pick him over Carl Lawson? Is it mostly his character?

Also, Nobody picked Pocic or Senior. :o
    massari
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:Curious what people see in Vince Biegel to pick him over Carl Lawson? Is it mostly his character?

Also, Nobody picked Pocic or Senior. :o

Somewhat. Although really it had to do with Biegel is a LB which we need. Lawson is a DE which we didn't necessarily.

I have a feeling that Pocic is going to be a huge miss on my part. I think I just kind of had blinders on him throughout the process. But feel at this point pretty thrilled about the pick to be honest. Even if he doesn't start right away I'm not inclined to consider that a failure.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Attyla the Hawk wrote:But feel at this point pretty thrilled about the pick to be honest.

Coming from someone like yourself, that's good to hear. :irishdrinkers:

I sort of thought it was a given Lawson would move to SAM if drafted by a 4-3 team ever since I read he'd be a perfect fit there with his size/speed and could still play DE in nickel situations, which is exactly what the Bengals are doing.

But I'm finding out making the shift to SLB isn't as simple as I thought, so now I'm seeing a bit more of why people would rather have Biegel.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• JerHawk81 wrote:Fun!

Round 2, Pick 3 (No. 35 overall): Forrest Lamp | OG, Western Kentucky. With Robinson and King going in picks 33 and 34 - I figure I've pressed my luck as much as I dare, and I take Lamp. Note that I would have taken McDowell here based solely on his scouting reports, but I'm less of a fan of his film than virtually everyone else (but hey, what the hell do I know???)

Round 2, Pick 26 (No. 58): Chidobe Awuzie | CB, Colorado. I'd like to go DL here, but Awuzie is probably the best player available here, and is still at a position of need. I do like Pocic quite a bit, but I worry that he is a pretty pure C, and wouldn't have gone that direction.

Round 3, Pick 26 (No. 90): Shaquill Griffin | CB, UCF. The board fought me here. Again, I'd like to go DL, but the DL talent is pretty well picked over, and Griffin is my BPA (especially in our system). With Awuzie already selected, this is largely a luxury pick - but that's what trading down buys ya!

Round 3, Pick 31 (No. 95): Trey Hendrickson | DE, Florida Atlantic. I don't love Hendrickson, but I feel pretty pressured to add a pass-rusher to the DL. Hill is actually higher on my BPA list, but I can't justify 3 DBs in a row...

Round 3, Pick 38 (No. 102): Dorian Johnson | OG, Pittsburgh. I go back to the OL here, and get a player who probably has a legit shot at winning the LT battle. Granted, that says more about our LT situation than about Johnson as a player...

Round 3, Pick 42 (No. 106): Nazair Jones, DT, Tarholes. I didnt take him at 102, and he magically fell to 106! Yahoo!!!

Round 4, Pick 4 (No. 111): Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado. There is probably better value at WR, and I'd rather go OLB, but I can't pass up Thompson here - especially with Awuzie on board.

Round 6, Pick 3 (No. 187): Pita Taumoepenu | OLB, Utah. Not a great player, but an athletic OLB. Maybe too early for him, and maybe I'm forcing this a bit...

Round 6, Pick 26 (No. 210): Elijah Qualls | DT, Washington. Fun!

Round 7, Pick 8 (No. 226) David Moore, WR, East Central (Oklahoma). OK

Round 7, Pick 31 (No. 249) Christopher Carson, RB, Oklahoma State. But, I draft him to play OL.

It's worth noting that when it's all said and done, I think I prefer the actual draft to my draft. It's also really helpful to have all of those extra picks...

The start of week 1 is way too early to show my true genius, but so far, I'm basically keeping pace with the Hawks' actual picks.

Starters: 0
    Players on Rosters: 8
    Players on IR: 1

Round 2, Pick 3 (No. 35 overall): Forrest Lamp | IR after wonderful camp
    Round 2, Pick 26 (No. 58): Chidobe Awuzie | CB, Colorado. Roster - non-starter. Pretty bad camp
    Round 3, Pick 26 (No. 90): Shaquill Griffin | CB, UCF. Roster - Borderline starter (I think he loses out)
    Round 3, Pick 31 (No. 95): Trey Hendrickson | DE, Florida Atlantic. Roster. Non-starter
    Round 3, Pick 38 (No. 102): Dorian Johnson | OG, Pittsburgh. Cut - currently unemployed (ewwww)
    Round 3, Pick 42 (No. 106): Nazair Jones, DT, Tarholes. Roster - strong camp
    Round 4, Pick 4 (No. 111): Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado. Roster - after pretty weak camp.
    Round 6, Pick 3 (No. 187): Pita Taumoepenu | OLB, Utah. Roster
    Round 6, Pick 26 (No. 210): Elijah Qualls | DT, Washington. Roster - after strong camp
    Round 7, Pick 8 (No. 226) David Moore, WR, East Central (Oklahoma). Cut (PS)
    Round 7, Pick 31 (No. 249) Christopher Carson, RB, Oklahoma State. Roster - after strong camp
    JerHawk81
    NET Veteran

• Through one year, our front office has done slightly better than me. Here is how my draft performed through one season.

Round 2, Pick 3 (No. 35 overall): Forrest Lamp - LAR | IR after wonderful camp
    Round 2, Pick 26 (No. 58): Chidobe Awuzie - Cowboys | CB, Colorado. Starter who finished the season strong.
    Round 3, Pick 26 (No. 90): Shaquill Griffin - us | CB, UCF. Another starter who finished the season strong.
    Round 3, Pick 31 (No. 95): Trey Hendrickson - Saints | DE, Florida Atlantic. Rotational Player who flashed this year.
    Round 3, Pick 38 (No. 102): Dorian Johnson - Cardinals | OG, Pittsburgh. Practice squad player who has bounced around 3 practice squads (ewwww)
    Round 3, Pick 42 (No. 106): Nazair Jones - us, DT, Tarholes. Rotational player who flashed well at times this year. 2 starts.
    Round 4, Pick 4 (No. 111): Tedric Thompson - us, S, Colorado. Poor rookie showing. Still on roster for today.
    Round 6, Pick 3 (No. 187): Pita Taumoepenu - SF | OLB, Utah. Another poor rookie showing. Barely on roster...
    Round 6, Pick 26 (No. 210): Elijah Qualls - Eagles | DT, Washington. Poor rookie showing. Still on roster for today.
    Round 7, Pick 8 (No. 226) David Moore - us WR, East Central (Oklahoma). Bounced between ps and roster
    Round 7, Pick 31 (No. 249) Christopher Carson - us, RB, Oklahoma State. Roster - after strong camp
    JerHawk81
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:49 am
  • gowazzu02 wrote:
    Tusc2000 wrote:Cam Robinson will bust i am very confident in that fact.

Nope. Was mad when we passed on him.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Pains me that we passed on Ryan Ramczyk twice last year.
    BC-Hawk
    NET Starter

• BC-Hawk wrote:Pains me that we passed on Ryan Ramczyk twice last year.

You mean you're not happy with Malik McDowell??!!

Say it ain't so!!!
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

• Seems like my primary change would have helped us a lot just saying.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information